Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RitaYour feedback matters!
Hi, M 8 th week pregnant. Yesterday night I was eaten watermelon and today morning also. But yesterday night I didn't slept well. Morning motion is in red colour and evening motion also with stomach pain .how can I take care of myself, how can I reduce it? please answer.
I have never taken any type of tablets for sex, eg viagra I was just thinking to take just once to get the experience how its work? can you suggest what type of care I have to take at time of taking this tablets? at a time how many tablets I can take and before how many hours I have to take this tablets, without food or with food etc etc please help.
Hi doctor. Have a hood day. Doctor my marriage is about 3 month. Now I and my wife, we are planning for a baby. So I want to know that in Menstrual cycle among of 28 days which day will be the best day for physical relation for pregnancy.
Modern lifestyle is witnessing gifts of technology and simultaneously facing the side effects that come along such as peer pressure, stress, hectic schedules, complexities in life and various other issues that are plaguing the people today in a manifold manner.
They are being forced to succumb to depression, and fight back the same; they are taking pills, anti-depressants, anti-psychotic drugs or other narcotics.
These are proving extremely detrimental by taking a toll on the overall mental and physical health of the humans. One of the main ill-effects of these dangerous drugs is decreased desire or sexual urge, which is also known as Libido.
How drugs affect our physical and social lives?
Anti-depressant drugs have certain chemicals in the composition such as serotonin, melatonin, dopamine, inhibitors, tri-cyclics, etc. that severely affect the emotions of love in both the males and females along with decreasing the sexual push or aggression, thereby degrading the conjugal life of a couple to a large extent. This is indeed a matter of serious concern because ultimately the happiness and health are at stake.
At some point of time, an individual affected by such problems tend to distance away from his or her partner and also isolates from other people. He or she cocoons in a shell and this gives rise to another form of depression.
How Help Can Be Achieved Through Ayurveda in Such Cases?
As each of the symptoms is related to lifestyle issues, therefore, at first it is important to balance these. Ayurveda today has become a very crucial cure in such cases. The specialists are also recommending the use of same in the treatment of libido. The Ayurvedic treatment includes:
- Counselling- Sitting with their patients, giving a patient listening to the problems, counselling them and then advising some hormonal therapy or lifestyle changes.
- Shiro Dhara Panchakarma- This therapy aids in curing stress and depression which ultimately bring back libido.
- Satvavjay Chikitsa- In this form of treatment, the patient is required to stay away from negative thoughts and reinforce the positive thoughts in the brain. Letting go of these thoughts will help the patient stay happy and content which in turn would let you enjoy the intimate moments to the fullest.
- Nasya Treatment- In this treatment, Ayurvedic medicines are taken through the nose as it is assumed that the effect reaches from nose to head thus curing the ailment.
- Shiro Basti Treatment- This is a process of medicated enema for increasing libido. A cap is placed on the head in this treatment.
- Meditation and yoga- These are the best natural therapy for curing libido related problems. Meditating daily for 1 hour can drastically increase the libido level. Also, yoga poses, like Pigeon Pose, bound angel, eagle pose are good for getting back libido. Yoga and meditation are very good for reducing stress level. Thus, by reducing stress level, libido is increased.
- Manasmitra Vataka- This relieves stress in an efficient way, thus increasing libido naturally.
- Swarna Saraswatarishta- This reduces mental fatigue and helps in increasing retention power. Overall, this results in an increased libido.
- Ashwagandharistha- This is good for men as this helps to improve the testosterone level. Testosterone helps in increasing libido. Ayurveda is all about natural and herbal cure with very handy home remedies such as maintaining the correct diet comprising of plenty of water, fruits, onion and garlic, the Mediterranean kind of food, etc. that will help to enhance the sexual desire. Ayurvedic pills for increasing sexual feelings known as libido enhancer pills and other herbal sexual pills are sometimes prescribed to the patients as well, but those must be taken with utmost care and under strict medical guidance.
- Stop Bad Habits- Stopping every form of bad habit like alcohol consumption, and smoking is also essential.
If one wants to come out of such problems, there will always be guidance and assistance to him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
If a girl take i-pill without sex just for doubt then what would be its effect? She is not sure that she had sex or not so she want to take I pill just for doubt.
- Boils: Make ashes from dry leaves of Neem and mix it with Neem oil. Use this preparation externally on Boils. And Also take juice of neem leaves regularly.
- Gas : take shivakshar pachan churna 2 to 4 grams twice a day after meal.
- Fullness of Stomach: Fry Garlic with Til Oil and give to eat in 5 to 10 pieces. Light massage with castor oil over the belly and get steam after massage.
- Skin diseases: In each type of Skin disease have to take bath with a water made with Neem leaves and take Manjisthadi Decoction in prescribed quantity.
UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same.
Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways. The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity. Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Follow up is needed with the Physician or the Nephrologist while having medication or there are chances of recurrent UTI. The treatment for recurrent UTI can go for more than 3-8 weeks.
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am having white deposition in private parts especially anal area and vaginal area with itching. Even after clearing it again gets deposited with heavy itching. Kindly suggest.
What are the symptoms of vagina cancer? How we can understand from the beginning? A enlargement at the uterus is what symptom?
Hi, I had abortion on March 12th 2017. Done autopsy of fetus showed as single umbilical artery. And also I had rubella. After abortion I didn't taken vaccination for rubella but conceived immediately after one month of abortion ie April 24th. Tested for rubella igg is 3 negative and igm equivocal. Shall I continue my pregnancy. I do not want to take risk aft delivery. I have already 3 year old son. Please advice me. Is baby will be out of birth defects. If so now which all scanning or test can be done.
My age 37 year old have low amh 1.02 Dr. Says donor egg go with ivf. But I want own eggs is it possible success with low eggs. If I get donor eggs baby looks like as me or donor mother sms match. I tried natural for 10 years but not conceived can I go with ivf with my own eggs.
Since I hv got my periods frm school days I was hvng problem of pcod. I tried many allopathy docs bt no use. Den I had homeopathy treatment fr almost 10 yrs. 90% of d problem is solved d doc said. Bt agn as I tak gap in medicines fr few months d problem starts. I chngd d doc nw. Strt me period use to come on tym bt nw agn im getting problem of irregular periods. Wl dis problem continue and wl dis affect in conceiving in future?
Hello Doctor, Today is my CD 48, from past 6 months I'm getting my periods regularly and cycle length was 30-31 days, those 6 months I was on Normoz and Duphaston. This cycle I'm off to the medicines. Have tested on CD 45 but negative. Have read that Pcod may mess with hormones, that's the reason it is negative. Should I visit my Doctor? Fear is she'll again give medicines to induce periods. I'm having symptoms - sore breast, very faint veins on breast, constipation, tiredness. Should I wait for more 2-3 weeks to visit Doctor. Is there any possibility of being pregnant? please help through your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Hello sir, I am 32 years old woman. I am vegetarian. My wedding day is next month please healthy diet chart for me.
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine abnormalities or Incompetent cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated thyroid problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.
Related Tip: "Miscarriage - Ways To Recover"