Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rita Chopra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rita ChopraYour feedback matters!
We are blessed with the second baby. My wife breast milk is reducing day by day. Today is the 6th day from baby born. She is taking rasamrut.
Marriage is believed to be a license for sex, there is always a partner available anytime, anywhere. Right? Maybe, in the initial stages, before the realities of marriage set in (that too provided you have the privacy and the household chores in order). With kids entering the scene, this scene changes completely. For both men and women, life changes drastically, and sex soon becomes a thing of the past.
While the woman undergoes a lot of physical changes and the new one becomes the centre of all her attention, the male is confused somewhere between frustration and loss of attention.
Suddenly, everything revolves around the new one, and somewhere, the physical intimacy between the couples is completely lost. Most couples resign to it as a way of life, a part of parenthood. Some get frustrated and may even look for sex outside marriage. Come to think of it, what created the child is taken away completely by the child.
However, the scene need not be as bad too. There are always ways and workarounds and taking out a couple of hours for the couple should not be a problem, if planned nicely.
Lost privacy: With the kid on the scene, the couple often loses privacy (of the house sometimes, of their bedroom for sure). This is also one of the main reasons for the loss of sex. Maybe, after a year (or earlier depending on a case-to-case basis), try to have a separate bedroom for the child. This not only gives you privacy but also can lead to a romantic night. So, growing a baby does not have to take you away from your partner!!
Planned dates: Ensure the kid (or kids) is taken care of. Get your close family or friends to babysit them and get yourself out of the environment physically. Being at home will make you constantly want to supervise if things are going well. Trust your babysitters, and they will be fine. Do this at least once a month (or more frequently if possible) to keep the romance alive.
Plan your day: With a newborn baby around (or for that matter, with a child around, whatever the age), there is never an end to the to-do list. Getting to bed very late completely drained does not allow for any physical intimacy between you and the partner. Once in a while, wind up a little early, leave some things for the next day and take some time out with the partner. Even some heartfelt talk would leave you feeling close and be a great way to end the day. Sex, for sure, demands some physical energy and reserve it!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
How to tackle difficult situation or difficult conversation with your family?
- Fill them with your kindness
- Instead of avoiding conflict, facing difficult relationships with loving kindness can often prevent conflict from ever taking place.
- Attempt to melt them down with your warm warmth.
- Remember healthy mind can keep healthy body and keep everyone healthy around.
I am 37 year old lady, hypothyroidic on 125 mcg thyronorm, I have small pimple on inner labia of vagina, and extremely itching, and white discharge for 5 years, remedy please.
Hi, im a newly married men from last three month im doing the sexual intercourse using the condom but now days I don't like to do the intercourse with condom and my partner do not like to take pills to avoid pregnancy kindly help me what is the right time to do sexual intercourse without condom.
Dear Dr. I am 26 and my wife 23 Meri shadi 1 saal phle hui h pr mujhe meri wife ki vagina loose feel hoti Vagina ko tight krne ka trika btaye Loose feel hone ke nate mera sparm (virya) drop nhi hota pls reply And give idea for tight vagina I have not satisfie my sex life.
Your heart isn't one of the most important organs of your body, just like that. But it is nowadays, in constant danger with the rampant growth of heart disease, a leading cause of deaths around the world. Apart from your lifestyle choices, what you consume on a regular basis has a huge impact on the health of your heart. Unhealthy foods are the main reason the world is fatter and sicker than ever before. Surprisingly, some of these foods are considered healthy by many people.
Here are 6 health foods that are really junk foods in disguise:
- Processed 'Low-Fat' and 'Fat-Free' Foods: The 'war' on saturated fats is the biggest mistake in the history of nutrition. It was based on weak evidence, which has now been completely debunked. When this started, processed food manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon and started removing the fat from foods. But there is a huge problem, food tastes horrible when the fat has been removed. That's why they added a whole bunch of sugar to compensate. Saturated fat is harmless, but added sugar is incredibly harmful when consumed in excess. The words 'low-fat' or 'fat-free' on a packaging usually mean that it is a highly processed product that is loaded with sugar.
- Fruit Juices, Which are Basically Just Liquid Sugar: A lot of people believe fruit juices to be healthy. They must be, because they come from fruit, right? But a lot of the fruit juices you find in the supermarket isn't really fruit juice. Sometimes, there isn't even any actual fruit in there, just chemicals that taste like fruit. What you are drinking is basically just fruit flavoured sugar water. That being said, even if you are drinking 100% quality fruit juice, it is still a bad idea. Fruit juice is like fruit, except with all the good stuff (like the fibre) taken out, the main thing left of the actual fruit is the sugar. If you didn't know, fruit juice actually contains a similar amount of sugar as a sugar sweetened beverage.
- Heart Healthy & Whole Wheat: Most whole wheat products are not really made from whole wheat. The grains have been pulverized into very fine flour, making them raise blood sugar just as fast as their refined counterparts. In fact, whole wheat bread can have a similar glycemic index as white bread. But even true whole wheat may be a bad idea, because modern wheat is unhealthy as compared to the wheat our grandparents ate. There are studies showing that modern wheat may cause inflammation and increased cholesterol levels, at least when compared to the older varieties. Whereas, wheat may have been a relatively healthy grain back in the day, the stuff most people are eating today is best avoided.
- Margarine: Butter was demonized back in the day, due to the high saturated fat content. Various health experts started promoting margarine instead. Back in the day, margarine used to be high in trans fats. These days, it has less trans fats than before, but is still loaded with refined vegetable oils. Margarine is not a food, it is an assembly of chemicals and refined oils that have been made to look and taste like food. If you want to improve your health, eat real butter, but avoid processed margarine and other fake foods like the plague.
- Vegetable Oils: We are often advised to eat seed and vegetable oils. This includes Soybean oil, Canola oil and numerous others. This is based on the fact that these oils have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels, at least in the short term. However, it is important to keep in mind that blood cholesterol is a risk factor and not a disease in itself. Even though vegetable oils can improve a risk factor, there is no guarantee that they will help prevent actual hard endpoints like heart attacks or death, which is what really counts. In fact, several controlled trials have shown that despite lowering cholesterol, these oils can increase the risk of death from both heart disease and cancer. So eat healthy, natural fats like ghee, cold pressed coconut oil, cold pressed sesame oil, cold pressed mustard oil and olive oil, but avoid processed vegetable oils as if your life depended on it (it does).
- Most Processed Breakfast Cereals: The way some breakfast cereals are marketed, is a disgrace. Many of them, including those that are marketed towards children, have all sorts of health claims plastered on the box. This includes misleading things like 'whole grain' or 'low fat'. But when you actually look at the ingredients list, you see that it is almost nothing, but refined grains, sugar and artificial chemicals. The truth is, if the packaging of a food says that it is healthy, then it probably is not. The truly healthy foods are those that do not need any health claims like whole, single ingredient foods. Real food doesn't even need an ingredient list, because real food is the ingredient.