Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rishi RajYour feedback matters!
My left lumber Spine L5-S1 caused mild bulge creating lot of pain while stand/ sit more than 2 hours. Is it must a surgery or it can solve by physiotherapy.
I have low calcium in body. Due to which I am feeling pain in my knee. What kind of medicine I should take.
Feeling pain under collar bone. It pains when pressed gently. All cardio tests done a weak ago. Echo normal. Ecg normal. Pl suggest. Im 58 years of age.
My left hand ring finger paln bone is fractured, I have plaster on it, what should I eat so that my finger bone get good calcium and recover fast.
I' m 33 male, i' ve been having pain only on the right side on the back, at the base of the spine, could it be slip disk as it is not present on the left side?
Tremors in fingers in certain position noticed from last 1 month and twitching in left arm muscle from today? Really worried about it.
I am 59 yrs male .Suffering from knee pain . Using tabs but no satisfaction and pain relief. Diabetic since 10 yrs. Having BP but in the control since 2 yrs. Please Suggest me .
Hi my mum as gout arthritis fr this she as ESR is 40 n uric acid is 6.3 but now its 3 mainly how to reduce ESR n uric acid my mum leg s paining n burning sensation can't sleep can you suggest medicine, thy have given combiflam tablet.
I have problem with backache. When I lay down, my backside starts with severed pain. So what should I do?
Sir, I have dryness on my knees and a very mild itching, when I used oil on it, itching gone for a day and then again the same from the next day. What to do?
I have pain in my thigh, if I put pressure on it, I have weakness, pain can't walk easily, it extends upto. Lower. Back pain a lot please suggest help also I have taken mri out.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.