Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ridhi KapoorYour feedback matters!
Her vagina is too small and I can't put my penis into that if I forced lot of pain occurs. Is it normal. Or problem?
I am not getting periods this month it's already 5 days delayed. Pls tel me any medicine name so that I will get periods immediately.
I have been suffering from irregular periods. Its about 3 months even aftr taking medication. Is there any solution to this and what's the reason behind it?
Hello madam, i am 29 weeks pregnant before this I had two abortions because of clotting of blood in placenta and week heartbeat. In torch test I have rubella and cytomegalovirus igG for that I used medicines for 3 months then after we planned for pregnancy now I'm in 7 th month. Up to 5 th month doctor advised me enoxaparin 40mg injection, from 6th month onwards iam using enoxaparin injection for alternate days and hcg5000, susten200 injections for weekly once. By using this did my baby get any side effects? Is there any vision loss or hearing loss to my baby due to this viruses? Can you please reply me? I'm waiting for your response. Thank you mam.
Hello doctor. My friend had unprotected sex yesterday and after two hours took postpone 72. She was in fertile period. Is there a possibility of her getting pregnant?
My aunt is about 47 years old. Now she is just release from an open surgery of removing uterus which having fibroid of 5 month growth child wgt. She now felt pain on her lower abdomen. We want to rescue from the pain and also we need a good food menu for her health improvement.
I am 45 years old. When ever I go to sleep I feel a lump in my throat and immediately woke up. In addition to this my heart palpitates so rapid that I get sleep again after so long. I tried everything but couldn't find a permanent solution. My periods also coming irregular.
Summer is at its peak and the mercury level is rising by a notch every day. The scorching sun gives even more reasons to constantly hunt for some cooling and soothing foods which can comfort us. It is the time of year when you get dehydrated easily due to excess sweat and perspiration and that's the time when you want to reach out for something cold like sodas, beverages or even cold water. This is where we go wrong because anything extremely low in temperature can actually constrict our blood vessels and affect the heat loss process in our body. Here are a few tips you need to keep in mind to keep yourself cool:
- Increase your water intake: In high humidity conditions, you do not sweat adequately due to which you cannot release heat efficiently from your body. That is the reason why you need to drink enough water at regular intervals even if you are not thirsty to cool your system.
- Have eatables high in water content: Eat a lot of fresh fruits, raw salads and lightly spiced foods. Fruits and veggies are easy to digest and high in water content and hence help in hydration. Avoid fried and junk foods as they take time to digest and require a lot of water. Spicy foods can also increase body heat.
- Grab naturally cooling drinks: Drink naturally cooling beverages like coconut water, lemon juice, buttermilk and sugarcane juice, etc. Rather than aerated soft drinks, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages as they contain sugar and other preservatives which act as diuretics and can cause loss of water from the body. You can add sabja (tulsi seeds) to drinks as it has a cooling effect on the body.
- Have curd: Curd is excellent as it increases friendly bacteria in the gut and improves digestion and boosts immunity.
- Include veggies in diet: Add veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, beet etc to add to the extra water in your diet.
- Small meals: avoid heavy meals at one time as it can cause acidity and affect digestion. Rather eat small meals to feel light and keep your system active.
- Don't forget raw mango: In the summer season, raw mango is a special fruit and is extremely good to prevent sunstrokes and weakness. Raw mango juice also known as aam panna can help balance electrolytes in the body. You can also have raw mango in any form like adding it in bhel, salads or making a dish out of it.
You can divide your day's meals as per regular timings like:
Breakfast: 2-3 fresh fruits (this can help to neutralize your stomach acids and make you feel light and active as they are natural sources of energy).
- Mid morning: a glass of buttermilk/ coconut water (to refresh you).
- Lunch: salads + 1-2 rotis + veggies + thin dals (you can add or subtract the rotis as per your appetite and requirement).
- Evening: fruit yoghurt/fruit smoothie (they are filling, nourishing and cooling).
- Dinner: stir fried veggies/ chilled soups + grilled chicken/ steamed fish/ low fat paneer/ tofu + jaljeera/ lemon juice (to keep your dinner light and help you wake up afresh).
Stick to the plan and stay cool this summer!
My wife is pregnant, she is suffered from vomiting, this is first month of her pregnancy, what should she do at this time,&what is the best diet for her at this time, please suggest me.
I am 29 yrs old male. Height is 5'8 & weight is 106 kgs. I want to reduce my weight but hav no time for exercise. Please suggest me something to reduce it as we are trying to conceive.
Dysentery is the inflammation of the intestine that causes appearance of blood and mucous in stool. It is caused by bacteria or parasites. In this condition, the patient passes semi liquid stool many times in a day. It is a contagious disease and is transmitted via the faecal oral route. Thus, a group of people like a family living together or students in a hostel are more prone to picking up the infection. This infection is also transmitted via anal sex.
Ayurveda is a herbal medicinal treatment, originated in India. It is known to have cure for various health problems. Usually Diarrhoea cures itself through diet change, but in case of dysentery, medication is required to combat bacteria and parasites. Some ways to treat Dysentery with Ayurvedic remedies are as follows:
- Isabbael for Chronic Amoebiasis: Isabbael is a formulation that treats dysentery caused due to Amoebiasis. When the stool contains mucus and the infected patient feels a cramp before passing stool, it is considered an Amoebiasis infection. Isabbael is very good for bacillary dysentery as well. It is advised to consume 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water for 5 to 7 days for best results.
- Ambimap for dysentery: Ambimap herbal formulation possesses a multi-purpose approach to control and cure dysentery (Pravahika). It is known to treat and cure all types of parasitic infection and provides immediate relief. For best results, 1 or 2 tablets should be taken 2 to 3 times a day with water.
- Churna for dysentery: Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powdered form and is high beneficial in treating dysentery.
You can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies that can be formulated at home. They are as follows:
- Combine powdered dry ginger root, amla powder, long and black pepper in equal proportions. It is advisable to store this dry mixture in a glass container. For best results, consume one teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water two times a day.
- Another great way to combat dysentery is to drink buttermilk. Just add a bit of rock salt as well as powdered roasted cumin seeds. Drink this mixture two times a day preferably with breakfast and at lunchtime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
The medication that we usually take is composed of varied kinds of chemicals; these medicines cure all sorts of ailments, given that with every passing day, a new breakthrough in the field of medicine takes place. While the medication cures most of our ailments, they can also cause side effects.
Principles of Homeopathy-
Homeopathy is based on two major principles. Firstly, the medication is based on the principle that substances inducing certain symptoms in healthy individuals are the ones that can cure the same symptoms in a diseased individual. Another important principle is that, only a little amount of medication is required to trigger the healing process in our body. Hence the major advantage of homeopathy is that it cures the disorders and has no side effects. Homeopathy offers the perfect and natural medications to heal our bodies from various ailments.
However, the disadvantage of this kind of medication is that it is a slow and steady process, and the healing process takes time. However, like any other medication, there are certain precautions that should be taken.
Precautions to be taken while on a homeopathic treatment-
While on homeopathic medication, it is advised to avoid having, tea, coffee, aerated drinks, or using medicated soaps, strong scented hair oils, toothpastes or tooth powders.
Also, having onion, garlic, pickles, radish may render the treatment useless.
One should avoid medicinal herbs, castor oil and other saline purgatives.
Strictly avoid touching the homeopathic medicines; do not take onto your palm before taking it, as handling of medicines reduces the potency of the medicines. It also spoils the medicines by exposing it to unhygienic conditions. Always take the medicines by using the cap of the medicine bottle or a plain paper. If you are going to use a paper then see to it that it does not contain any print. As ink can also spoil the medicine.
It is useful to avoid milk and milk products for the medication to be effective. If these precautions are not taken, individuals might end up having diabetes, kidney problems, and high blood pressure in the long run.
It is advised not to skip meals while on homeopathy medications. Individuals should at least eat fruits like bananas and oranges.
Doctors suggest that when individuals start feeling better after the course of the treatment, the dose should be stopped.
Food should not be eaten in a 30-minute span before and after taking the medicine.
Another important precaution is not to keep the medicines in the open. They should be kept in a cool place and should be concealed.
All sorts of addictions should be avoided.
Counting calories is one of the most popular ways of dietary management for weight management. It is not always easy to do when you're out or pressed for time, may be in a situation like dinner party, hiking, etc.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when straight calorie counting is impractical.
1. Eat foods that are filling and low in calories. That means, as often as possible, your meals and snacks should include whole grains, such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and oatmeal, as well as legumes, such as lentils and other beans. And don't forget to fill at least half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
2. When you eat meat, cut out fat and cut down portion sizes. Choose lean cuts of meat and modest amounts about 3 or 4 ounces per serving (which is roughly the size of your palm).
3. Avoid fried foods. Frying foods adds fat and calories. For stove top cooking, it's better either to stir-fry foods in a non-stick pan lightly coated with a cooking-oil spray or to braise them in broth or wine. Baking, broiling, and roasting are also great options.
4. Choose low-fat or fat less dairy foods. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are good sources of protein and calcium, but the whole-milk versions of these dairy products are very high in fat.
5. Avoid fast foods. Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, and other fast-food staples tend to promote weight gain for two reasons. First, they are high in fat, calories, or both. Second, the" value meals" available at many fast-food chains are often excessively large and tempt you to overeat.
6. Avoid high-calorie, low-nutrient snacks. Chips and other deep-fried snacks are high in fat and therefore calories. But even snacks labelled" low-fat" are often high in calories because they contain large amounts of sugars and other carbohydrates.
7. Watch what you drink. Regular sodas, fruit juices, and, especially, alcoholic beverages are high in calories.
Source: health beat (harvard medical school)