Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Allergist/Immunologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ricky Singh
Submit a review for Dr. Ricky SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 23, I have asthma problem in my childhood, I took tablets, injection, but can't control. Please give me suggestions, Thanks.
My nutritionist is recommended to me that use nutritional medication for one month to reduce the weakness and to increase the immunity power is it useful or not.
Hi doctor I m 24 year male and I having dust allergy problem since 7 years lots of sneezing, shortness of breath, cold, runny nose daily also having pain at left side of head in cold atmosphere more pain please advice me to solve this problem.
Hi, I am suffering from difficulty in breathing, Wheezing [Especially at night when I sleep]. Nothing much is coming out when coughing. Also I have allergic problem with dust. I consulted a physician and took medicines for 1 week. That time I was feeling better. But now it started again. I am not able to sleep most of the days properly due to this. The breathing difficulty/ wheezing becomes worse during night. Especially when I sneeze or cough it will become worse. Thanks.
Hi I am 21 years old I having a 5 years old dog and I have done rabis injection for that yesterday it has bitten me is that necessary to take any injection for me.
Has your child been coughing frequently lately? Is the cough chronic in nature, making your child breathe rapidly, and does he/she complain about a tightened chest? These symptoms signify that your child is having asthma. Asthma is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It is common in children and an affected child experiences difficulty in breathing, and a whizzing sound is produced, especially during expiration. Asthma may lead to severe health complications and needs immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of asthma is based on the symptoms, medical history and a physical examination of the child.
The different modes of asthma diagnosis are as follows:
- Medical history and symptoms: You must tell the doctor about any history of breathing trouble with your child or whether there are chances of other inherited health conditions. You must explain your child's symptoms properly, which may include coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness and others if observed.
- Physical examination: A physical exam will be carried out in your child where the doctor will listen to his heart and lungs, and look for eye or nose allergies.
- Medical tests: A chest X-ray of the child has to be carried out, along with a simple lung function test known as spirometry. This test measures the amount of air present in the lungs and determines how fast it can be exhaled. Spirometry enables a doctor to determine the severity of the asthma. Some other tests are also carried out for the identification of asthma triggers. They include allergy skin testing, blood tests and X-rays to know if sinus infections are affecting the asthma. An asthma test determines the amount of nitric oxide in your child's breath.
Treatment: Based on your child's severity of asthma symptoms and his medical history, the doctor will provide you with an action plan to treat the same. This action plan explains all the medications your child requires, the dosage and schedule of the medicines. The plan also includes points on what to do when the asthma worsens and when an emergency treatment is required. All asthma medicines used by adults can be used in case of children but in lower dosages.
You should give the asthma medications to your child using a home nebulizer or a breathing machine. A nebulizer delivers asthma drugs by transforming them from liquid to a mist. The child gets the drug by breathing it via a face mask.
In order to control and manage asthma in children, they must avoid the triggers and should keep away from any source of smoke. A doctor must be consulted to know about the best diagnosis and treatment methods.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The immune system is an important structure of the body. The group of functions and structures of immune system protects the body from the attack of foreign bodies and help in recovering, in case the body is attacked by a disease. So keeping the immune system healthy and strong is very much important to live a disease free life.
Generally, people believe that a healthy lifestyle with full of healthy food and exercise lead us to a healthy and immune body. But the fact is that the healthy body needs a healthy mind and soul as well. People with stress and lack of precaution in the sudden climate change can also have weak immune system and even with a healthy lifestyle can suffer from diseases.
This conveys a very important message to people that strengthening and boosting the immune system is a must in any period of life. A well-planned strategy is needed to get rid of the unwanted attack of the harmful foreign bodies. If you are thinking that how to boost up your immunity then don’t worry, various simple, natural and effective measures are available to boost up the functioning of your immune system.
To boost up your immunity, homeopathic remedies are considered as the most ancient and effective healthcare system. So the best-matched remedies can be prescribed by the help of proper qualification.
As Arsenicum album is the most common homeopathic remedy, which is effective and essential for the strengthening of the immune system. You should take arsenic under the proper guidance of a homeopathic physician. They can suggest the best-suited medicine and the dose according to the body type and nature of the individual.
Many people try to find out medicines to the internet or some referral books but the consultation of some expert physician is very important as in homeopathy use of every medicine varies with the symptoms or characteristics of the individual. Homeopathy is the one of the best health care system to give effective results and can boost up your immunity in the minimal time period.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.