Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi Me and my boyfriend had dry sex around 20 days back. I was naked and he was in his under garments. He rubbed his penis on my vagina with underwear on. He did no ejaculate. But my vaginal fluid made his underwear a bit wet. Since that day I have been facing white discharge. It has reduced via meds but not stopped. Am I pregnant?
Hi Doctors, I am 26 years old female-single, I have pcod problem what is the remedy for this. Give a suggestion, thank you.
I am 37 years old. For past two to three days, my white discharge from vagina is more. Any quick remedy. I feel my body got heated up.
I hv been getting irritation around my pubic areas post marriage? just a month back I even suffered from vaginal infection which was completly treated. What cd b the reason and what is the cure. I keep myself hyginic and clean my privates with lactacyd. It does give temporary relief.
Hi. I am 18 years old and am very confused between if I am either experiencing pregnancy symptoms or food poisoning. I have been experiencing stomach pains, high fever, chills, and diarrhea. I experienced vomitting and nausea but only once the first couple hours I experienced the symptoms. A few hours later pain worsened. I didn't experience nausea nor vomitting after but still had diarrhea, stomach pain, and high fever. The last time I had unprotected sexual intercourse was about 4 weeks ago. I have not missed my period but symptons are suspicious. Should I get checked or am I just assuming?
I want to convince but I have ovarian ancheoic cyst in left side measuring 3.5*2.9 with internal echoes and septation -haemorrhagic/complex left ovarian cyst. Is it cured without any surgery? I use folic acid tablets from 10 days before. Can I use it now? Was the cyst cause any problem for pregnancy?
Dried plums can help fight colon cancer finds a new study from Texas A & M university and the University of North Carolina found that a diet containing dried plums can positively affect microbiota or gut bacteria thus helping reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Dried plums contain phenolic compounds which serve as antioxidants that can neutralise the oxidant effect of free radicals that can damage our DNA.
Prolonged use of johnson and johnson baby powder and other talcum base product if use for decade for female hygiene can lead to ovarian cancer.
My mother operated last year of uterus removal bt last night she saw small quantity of blood coming is this normal?
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.