Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Richa Singh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Richa SinghYour feedback matters!
Is this wiser to take unwanted 72 after having sex on 7th day is there any side effects or suggest me best advice.
I am having monthly periods only for two days each month since 4 years. Please tell me is this serious. Before 4-5 year periods occurs for 4-5 days. Please help me on this issue.
Sexual abuse of children may sound very scary and degrading, but the truth is it is a very prevalent problem. As much we may not want to believe, the number of boys and girls who are sexually abused, and that too by close family and friends is very high. This may be difficult to digest, but is the truth. The sexual abuse in male and female children is 50% in each group which is again unbelievable but true.
What is considered child sexual abuse?
Child sexual abuse includes touching and non-touching activity. Some examples of touching activity include:
- touching a child's genitals or private parts for sexual pleasure.
- making a child touch someone else's genitals, play sexual games or have sex putting objects or body parts (like fingers, tongue or penis) inside the vagina, in the mouth or in the anus of a child for sexual pleasure.
The thing to ponder, however, is that people who abuse children have a deeper problem. This could be due to a combination of social and psychological issues that the person is facing. Often helping identify the underlying problem could be a solution to the problem too, but this is rarely done. If you think a child could be subjected to abuse, look out for the following symptoms.
- A feeling of guilt or shame.
- Irritability and anger with minimal reasons.
- Mood swings, often uncommon in children.
- Feeling very isolated and sad.
- Very anxious and angry.
- Symptoms of withdrawal, not wanting to be left alone.
- Fatigue and pain in the back, legs.
- Loss of appetite, energy.
- Bruises (look out for these, which may not be in visible areas).
How to handle?
Given the fact that the offender is in close family and/or friends circle, the suspicion levels are quite low.
- The first step, therefore, is to open up and talk with either your parents or someone close.
- Look for support groups which can be very helpful.
- Do not be isolated though the urge is very strong.
- Build a daily schedule to ensure your routine continues (studies, work, etc.).
- Focus on exercise or other passions as they help you deviate your mind.
- Be sure to not be alone with the offender, stay in a group.
- Give out a strong message saying it is not acceptable, and do not keep quiet.
Homoeopathy can come rescue of the offender all well as the victim. If we see according to the point of view of who committed the crime, many reasons may come to the light and we can be treated accordingly. Usually, these criminals have a very painful and sad childhood. This could lead them to commit a crime like child abuse.
The following are the medicines to treat such people with anti-social behaviour-
- Nux V.
There are certain homoeopathic medicines which are helpful in the treatment of children who are victimized. The most common symptom is nightmares.
For treatment for actual physical and mental symptoms of the victim child, following homoeopathic medicines may help:
- Nat. mur.
Homeopathy is a safe and effective way to treat the victims as well as the culprits of sexual abuse. It focuses on the way patients have reacted to events and the personality of the patient. It helps to bring complete harmony of physical, mental and social well being.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
You may have heard the statement “sitting is the new smoking!”
When I first heard this saying, I thought it was crazy.
Sitting is not like smoking.
- But recently, I looked more into it, and it completely changed my outlook on one aspect of health that most people neglect.
- Here's the problem: we sit an average of 9 to 10 hours a day. So we sit more than we sleep. We sit more than we stand or do any activity.
- We sit in our cars. We sit to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We sit to work. We sit to watch tv. We sit at the movie theater. We sit at the dentist’s office. We sit everywhere.
What’s the problem with so much sitting?
- You’ll be surprised to hear that it’s not really “back pain” or any such thing (although, that can happen too!).
- The problem with so much sitting is that our bodies were not meant for it.
- For millions of year, we were in constant movement for 10-12 hours a day.
- Switch that to sitting for 10 hours, and there’s no amount of exercise you can do that can undo the damage.
- Even if, after your day at the office, you went to the gym for two hours, it wouldn’t negate the damage done by sitting.
- That’s what led Dr. James levine to coin the phrase “sitting is the new smoking!”
- When you stand, your body works very differently than when you sit.
- Sitting for hours a day causes the following damage.
- Because blood flow slows down, you increase your risk of heart disease.
- Your insulin is negatively affected by just one day of sitting 10 hours a day.
- Sitting increases your risk of cancer, for reasons we’re still speculating about.
- Perhaps it’s the antioxidant processes that are engaged when we are in movement.
- Sitting compresses your body, slowing down digesting, leading to cramps, heartburn, constipation and bloating.
- Brain function slows down when we sit.
- Your brain gets less blood and oxygen.
- Because of the above, mood worsens.
- Posture gets worse, leading to strained neck and shoulders.
- Your entire body degenerates when you sit 10 hours a day.
- Standing requires tensing of the abdominal muscles.
- Sitting leads to weak abs, leading to mobility issues.
- Varicose veins develop.
- Your bones get weaker.
- One study found that you can increase your lifespan by two years by sitting down three hours or less a day.
- Another study found that each hour spent watching tv after 25 reduces your life expectancy by 22 minutes.
- On the other hand, each cigarette reduces your life expectancy by 11 minutes.
- Hence… sitting is the new smoking!
I had urine test to check pregnancy after 3 and half hour when I checked it I saw it contain 5-6 white particles floating in the urine neither on the surface nor at the base please tell me I am pregnant?
Chronic kidney disease is defined as kidney damage or a decreased kidney glomerular filtration rate of less than 60, for 3 months or more, irrespective of the cause. This results in a progressive decline in kidney function, resulting in accumulation of toxic waste products, excess water and salts, increased blood pressure, anemia and many other complex symptoms. Chronic renal failure is divided into Stages I - V, out of which the first three stages are asymptomatic, and usually discovered incidentally, while doing routine blood tests.
Symptoms of chronic kidney disease
Most people do not have severe symptoms until the disease gets worse. However, you may:
- Have less energy
- Have trouble thinking clearly
- Have a poor appetite
- Have trouble sleeping
- Have dry, itchy skin
- Have muscle cramping at night
- Have swollen feet and ankles
- Have puffiness around your eyes, especially in the morning
- Need to urinate more often, especially at night
The management of chronic renal failure consists of treatment of the underlying cause if possible, aggressive treatment of high blood pressure and other symptoms, liquid and diet control, cessation of smoking, and finally, with end-stage disease, resorting to dialysis or a kidney transplant.
The Ayurvedic treatment of chronic renal failure is based on three principles:
- Treating the damaged kidneys
- Treating the body tissues (dhatus) which make up the kidneys and
- Treating the known cause.
For patients with chronic renal failure intending to take Ayurvedic treatment (or for that matter, any alternative treatment), the following points should be kept in mind:
All patients should be under the regular supervision and treatment of a qualified and experienced Urologist
Ayurvedic medicines should be taken in the form of additional treatment, and should not replace other, regular treatment or dialysis.
The advantage of using Ayurvedic medicines in chronic renal failure is that in most patients, the kidney damage can be either partly or fully reversed, the frequency of dialysis can be reduced, and the increased risk of death from cardiovascular diseases can be significantly reduced. Thus, Ayurvedic medicines have the potential for an important therapeutic contribution in all the stages of this condition. We are treating Kidney patients with excellent results. We have developed specific Panchakarma treatment protocol and specific medicines for kidney patients. 2 to 3 weeks Panchakarma treatments specially Basti karma, Shirodhara, abhayangam with medicated oil and special Ayurvedic diet plan gives tremendous relief. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!