Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Richa Singh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Richa SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, Greetings I have a serious question running in my mind without peace. I have missed my period, its been 12 days. I think I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy. Day before yesterday night I felt like nausea. That's all:(And I checked the HCG test, it came negative. What would be the other chances if not pregnancy? I am married and I am planning for baby.
I am having pcod. My endometrial thickness is 16 mm. Dr. prescribed me to take t.regestrone. Now I am put on to more weight. If there any suggestion regarding weight loss or any alternative treatment is available?
When I press the surrounding area of my right nipple one or two drop watery discharge are coming it is not happened with the left one. What is the reason for this no pain is there?
I am 23 years old female. I have been suffering unbearable pain in abdomen, lower back and legs only on the first day of my periods. I feel very weak. This is on since 8 years. I have consulted many gynaecs. Hav had many tablets n even had contraceptives for months. That entire 21 day kit. I also have been having sex with my husband since 4 years. In d beginning I didnt face any problems. But since a year or more my vagina dosnt open immediately and gets dry. I feel pain during and after sex at times. I am also wanting to have a child next year. Can you please guide me with all this. Thank you so much.
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
- Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
- Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
- Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
- Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Dear sir/mam I want to knw my Girlfriend is period time was 8 may. That was miss she is pragnet this time. She feel Voimet, Chakkar, nd more weakness. We want solution pls tell me abt abortion or medicine for drop it.
My spouse is having an ovarian dermoid cyst approximately 6 cm. I want to surgery it through laparoscopy. Please suggest how much expenses will cost and where to do.
Chronic kidney disease is defined as kidney damage or a decreased kidney glomerular filtration rate of less than 60, for 3 months or more, irrespective of the cause. This results in a progressive decline in kidney function, resulting in accumulation of toxic waste products, excess water and salts, increased blood pressure, anemia and many other complex symptoms. Chronic renal failure is divided into Stages I - V, out of which the first three stages are asymptomatic, and usually discovered incidentally, while doing routine blood tests.
Symptoms of chronic kidney disease
Most people do not have severe symptoms until the disease gets worse. However, you may:
- Have less energy
- Have trouble thinking clearly
- Have a poor appetite
- Have trouble sleeping
- Have dry, itchy skin
- Have muscle cramping at night
- Have swollen feet and ankles
- Have puffiness around your eyes, especially in the morning
- Need to urinate more often, especially at night
The management of chronic renal failure consists of treatment of the underlying cause if possible, aggressive treatment of high blood pressure and other symptoms, liquid and diet control, cessation of smoking, and finally, with end-stage disease, resorting to dialysis or a kidney transplant.
The Ayurvedic treatment of chronic renal failure is based on three principles:
- Treating the damaged kidneys
- Treating the body tissues (dhatus) which make up the kidneys and
- Treating the known cause.
For patients with chronic renal failure intending to take Ayurvedic treatment (or for that matter, any alternative treatment), the following points should be kept in mind:
All patients should be under the regular supervision and treatment of a qualified and experienced Urologist
Ayurvedic medicines should be taken in the form of additional treatment, and should not replace other, regular treatment or dialysis.
The advantage of using Ayurvedic medicines in chronic renal failure is that in most patients, the kidney damage can be either partly or fully reversed, the frequency of dialysis can be reduced, and the increased risk of death from cardiovascular diseases can be significantly reduced. Thus, Ayurvedic medicines have the potential for an important therapeutic contribution in all the stages of this condition. We are treating Kidney patients with excellent results. We have developed specific Panchakarma treatment protocol and specific medicines for kidney patients. 2 to 3 weeks Panchakarma treatments specially Basti karma, Shirodhara, abhayangam with medicated oil and special Ayurvedic diet plan gives tremendous relief. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!