Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Hi, I want to ask .can we use pain relief gels like moov, iodex in pregnancy because we massage through these gels then fumes of these gels enter to your body. Is it safe for baby 's growth or not .as 3rd month is running of my pregnancy.
Sleep is a natural part of the daily biological functions and we spend some time of the 24 hours sleeping.
Sleep cycles are different for different persons and while 5 to 6 hours of sleep may be enough for some people, others may need up to 8 hours of sleep to feel refreshed. How you sleep is as important as the duration. This is one area which is often neglected by people.
Why sleeping positions are important?
Sleeping positions are very important as you stay in a single position for hours at a time every day, and if these habits are bad, they can contribute to spinal problems. Thus, many of the spinal problems can also be alleviated by sleeping correctly.
Some of the bad sleeping positions that may adversely affect your spine are as follows.
- On your stomach - This position is in overall a bad position as it curls up the spine, especially where the neck meets the spine and can cause spinal deformities over a long period of time. Certain adjustments to this position can lessen the effects, but it is important to try to change habits and sleep in a better position.
- The fetal position - Although this is one of the more natural positions and most babies are crouched up in this form in the mother's womb; as a sleeping position, it has its disadvantages as well. The lower spine is especially put under a lot of stress when someone curls up in this position.
- On your side - Although this is safer compared to the other two, sleeping on your sides straight would cause blood circulation issues and also put a lot of stress on the relevant organs, depending on the side you were sleeping on.
In all of the cases, slight adjustments to these positions will lessen the stress on the spine and also help you sleep better.
Some of the adjustments that you can make are:
1. Sleep with a pillow between your knees to align your hips and cause less strain on the spine.
2. If you don't have sleep apnea, put a pillow under your knees to raise them while lying on you back.
3. If you sleep on your back, try to consciously change your position to sleep on the side.
4. Try and actively change your posture throughout the day to ensure good sleeping position at night.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain.
1. Take some rest: most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting mri scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
2. Pills: sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
3. Hot & cold compress: apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
4. Replace your mattress: people who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
5. Acupuncture: when your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.
I am 27 years old, now I am suffering from continuously menstrual bleeding from last 10-15days, kindly suggest to us how prevent it?
Sir I love to eat my wife's sperm and I love to kissing vagina. I want to know a wife can produce sperm or not. If I drink my wife's sperm it can be dangerous or good for my health.
I'm newly married and we don't want children immediately, but we did sex thrice in past three days, will that lead to pregnancy ?
I am 48 years old. Had mastectomy in 2007 t1n1mo right breast. Had chemotherapy 6 cycles and 5 years of tamoxifen. A recent breast ultrasound shows some simple cysts in the left breast. What does it indicate? is there any chance of these cysts turning malignant please Advice.
I am 25 years old female. I am married. During intercourse my husband gets relax in just few seconds but I don't get relax in such few seconds ever. My husband's age is 28. We are facing this problem from the first day of our marriage. I am pregnant this time without getting relax. I want to ask you whether problem is in me or in my husband. And also want its solution.
I am 12 weeks pregnant and suffering from. Abdominal and vaginal pain for last 2 days. Being unable to consult my doctor I am using this app. Also there is excess vaginal watery discharge. More than usual. Pls tell me if this is normal.
I am fat and not getting periods regularly, my mom is threatening me. Will it create problem in future?
What is the chances of conceiving while taking siphene 100mg? This is my first cycle taking from day 3-7? What are the chances of conceiving in the first cycle since I have pcod and I am taking normoz for that?
Since past 4 months I am experiencing heavy white discharge. The discharge is thick and white in colour. It has a foul smell. Also since last one month I have lost my appetite. I got married on 17/11/2015. Please tell me what should I do to control heavy flow of white discharge.
What is cryptic pregnancy? How common is it? What are the causes of it? And what are the signs and symptoms? Also if one has had an I pill within 18 hrs of the sexual act and the act took place on november 2015. And after the act though getting regular monthly periods. But the quantity of blood flow has decreased and pattern has been slightly changed. And also after 42 & 63 days from the november act 2 beta hcg test were done which showed < 1 miu /ml. And all 11 upt taken by prega news kit with morning samples showed negative results. And also on 23 rd week from the november act. A transabdominal ultrasound was taken. And a ct scan was done which showed uterus is normal. Does these details tell that I am not pregnant. please advise me as I do not want to become pregnant. And stressed out due to this.
Ayurveda and Garbha sanskar (prenatal education)
Ancient Indian medicine, i.e. Ayurveda puts emphasis on the spiritual, mental and physical preparation of the expecting mother to give birth to a healthy child. In Ayurveda, this theory is described as ‘supraja Janan’ or EU-maternity. It basically means preparing the couple in planning their pregnancy at least three months prior to the baby conception.
Pregnancy should be by choice and not by chance. The planning should firstly begin with panda shuddhi which means purification of gametes (sperm and ovum).
One should always keep in mind if the couple is not mentally fit and stable even though they are being physically healthy cannot give birth to a healthy child.
The mental calmness and firmness of mind is very much related to one’s eating habits and depends on many other factors of lifestyle. For giving birth to a healthy child, it is important to stay away from spicy food items and addictive substances during pregnancy period.
Universally it has been proven that the fetus is not just a mindless mass of flesh, but it responds and capable of understanding, receiving information from outside forces. The fetus is an evolving human being that has got full rights to receive optimistic and inspiring feedback or garbha sanskar.
Daily practices of garbha sanskar which are to be given during pregnancy period to the child in the womb are clearly prescribed in the Ayurveda. Not just daily diet taken by expecting mother is mentioned, but routine body care, yoga techniques as well as reading material and instructions are available in Ayurveda. Various subjects of discussion are written along with music and mantras that can be listened to during pregnancy period.
Development of parent-fetus bonding:
Do you know that feelings and thoughts in mind of parents affect babies in the womb on a large level. Until any thought is expressed verbally, it remains in an unexpressed form in mind. At this time, its wavelength is shortest and it has got maximum energy at this level. Selfless and unspoken thoughts bear and transfer maximum sanskar on the fetus.
Effect of music:
Scientifically, it has been proven that the fetus responds to music from 7th months of pregnancy. You would be glad to know that a foetus of 7th month starts hearing from mother’s womb and from the nearby surroundings and responds to them as well. Heartbeat of mother is the first sound the child hears when in a womb because it is the most nearest sound for the baby. This is the reason why a crying child clams down when her mother holds her close to her heart. It is believed that the child in the womb gets energy for the development of his mind and body when an expecting mother listens to the special music. You would be surprised to know that listening to sound of veena (an Indian musical instrument which is held by goddess Saraswati) and flute along with Samveda mantras are very helpful in giving birth to the healthy child at the time of childbirth. Various cassettes and CD’s like ‘Garbha Sangeet’, Garbha Sanskaar: Blessings for the new arrival” are published and can be easily brought by pregnant women from markets.
Lifestyle tips for the pregnant women:
According to Ayurveda, an expecting mother should stay away from movies depicting scenes of violence, horror and murder. This is because these kinds of stuffs can produce a negative effect on the child’s character. Also, expecting mother should live in a company of those people who throw positive influence over her. She can listen to soft music, read positive and self-inspiring books, view beautiful works of art, develop only constructive frame of mind with positive thoughts in her mind and last but not the least contemplate pleasant landscapes.
In Ayurveda, two types of ghees are recommended for mother-to-be. The name of first medicated ghee is ‘kalyanak ghrita’ to be given during 4th, 5th months of pregnancy on daily basis. One tsp of this ghee is widely given to expecting mothers, especially in southern states like Kerala in India. The herbal preparation ‘kalyanak ghrita’ is considered very effective in the development of the mental faculties of a growing fetus. Also, it is very beneficial for development of all body systems in fetal baby. ‘Kalyanak ghrita’ when taken regularly helps in fighting anemia in the mother as well as prevents any kind of congenital abnormalities. Another ghee is ‘Thanka three great’ which is to be taken during the last month of pregnancy i.e. 7th, 8th and 9th months of pregnancy. Regular intake of this ghee promotes complete developments in the fetal body and known to bring good fortunes to the newborn child. It also aids in the full term normal delivery. Both these ghee has got cow’s ghee as their base during their preparation.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO TAKE AN EXPERT ADVICE FOR GARBHA SANSKAR.
1am 24 years old my periods are getting delayed Late date was 12 March did pregnancy test bt it is negative wt to do to get periods early?
Near By Doctors
89%MBBS, Training Course in Ultrasound-Obstetrics & Gynaecology, FOGSI Ethi Skills Course, Fellowship in Basic Endoscopy Training, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, Diploma in Minimal Access Surgeries, Diploma in Gyanecology Endoscopy, Laparoscopic Training, Medical Writing Course, Laparoscopic Suturing Skills in Surgical Disciples, MRCOGGynaecologistSynergy Clinic,₹300 at clinic