Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Richa Katiyar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Richa KatiyarYour feedback matters!
My friend has a slight swelling on her right labia majora with no pain or itching or any symptoms of an infections. Could you please advise as to why this has happened n wat can be done to cure it.
46f suffering from prolonged and heavy flow periods. Other than heavy there is no other complaint. Periods are regular Dark patches (brown) on nose ,below the back neck,
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can benefit a lot by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise, etc. can cause delay in your period. This is where tracking your cycle can help you find the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way you know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also help determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex, if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it.
Myths, fact and treatment by Ayurveda
Hello, Namaste. Mai Dr. Richa Sharma. Faridabad mein mere Ayurveda centre me Ayurveda chikitsa karti hun. Mera Panchakarma Centre hai. 24 saalo se Panchakarma hum kar rahe hai. Mera ye anubhav raha hai ki sabhi patients hai ya jansamanya mein ayurveda ko lekar bohot si bhrantiyaan hai. Jaise ki Ayurveda mein bohot se dawaiya ya tablets diye jaate hai. Koi sure shot solution nahi hai ayurveda mein ya phir heavy metals hote hai, toxins hote hai. Lekin aisa nahi hai. Mai iss madhyam k zariye sabhi ko batana chahti hun ki ayurveda ek 5000 saal purana, shayad usse bhi purana science hai aur bohot hi trusted aur tested science hai. Har level pe jancha aur parkha gaya hai. Isiliye aaj bhi jo 5000 saal pehle iske bhi jo mul sidhant the, jis tarah se khade the usi tarah se aaj k samay me bhi ajise humara khaan paan, rehen sehen sab badal gaya hai.
Aaj k samay mein bhi wo utne hi khade hai. To Ayureda k baare me hum kahe to uska jo naam hai Ayurveda, Ayu aur Veda. 2 shabde mila kar banaya gaya hai Ayurveda shabd. Ayu matlab life aur Veda ka matlab science. To jisme jeewan ka science hai, humare liye sahi kya hai, humare swasthya k liye sahi kya hai galat kya hai iska warnan diya gaya hai. Iske baad mein phir chikitsa k baare me bataya gaya hai aur yaha tak ki mansik rog na ho isliye ek sadwrut naam ka heading diya hai ek chapter hai jisme humara social behaviour kaisa hona chahiye, logon k saath humara behaviour kaisa hona chahiye iske baare mein jankari diya gaya hai. To kul milakar Ayurveda mein ek holistic approach tha k aap sharirik aur mansik roop se kaise swasthya reh sakte hai.
Ayurveda mein jo Panchakarma k baare me kuch aapko kehna chahungi. Panchakarma Ayurveda ka ek bhinna ang hai. Panchkarma yaani paanch kaam jaise naam se suggest hota hai. 5 karma jo ki sharir shuddhi ki kriyayen hai. Iska kaam sharir ki suddhi karna bhi hai aur saath me therapeutic use bhi hai, chikitsak use bhi hai iska. Swasthya wyakti bhi Panchkarma kara sakte hai jaise ki agar aap sharir suddhi karate hai, detoxification karte hai. Humare roz marra k jewan mein metabolism k karan jo toxics jama hote hai use bahar nikalne me madad karta hai.
Detoxification karne se immunity badhti hai, immunity badhne se rog hone ki sambhawnaye kam hoti hai, metabolic disorders kam hote hai. Saath hi agar jo rog hote bhi hai to uski tiwrata kam hoti hai, mild form me rog hote hai. Yehi Panchkarma agar rogi ko diya jai to rog ka jo mul karan Ayurveda me kaha gaya hai tridosha. Tridosha ka jab balance bigadta hai watwitkaf ka tabhi rog hote hai. To in Tridosho ko zyada badhe huye dosho ko sharir se bahar nikala jaata hai Panchakarma k dwara. Iske baad me jo dawaiya di jaati hai wo kam matra me di jaati hai aur zyada asar karti hai kyuki sharir shudh ho chuka hota hai aapka. Saath hi rog k dubara se wapas aane ki sambhawna kam ho jaati hai, jo ki reaction hota hai kisi bhi disease ka wo kam ho jaati hai. To iss tarah se Panchkarma humare jewan k liye bohot hi upyogi aur swasthya rakhne k liye zaruri chiz hai.
Panchkarma 5 prakar ki hoti hai, pehla vamana hai, vamana ka matlab hai hum induce karte hai vomiting jisme ki alag alag kaadhe diye jaate hai, pilaye jaate hai aur jo naabhi k upar ka part hai cough k liye hum vamana treatment ko prefer karte hai. Thyroid hai, motapa hai, cholestrol badha hua hai, dimag k rog hai uske liye vamana bohot upyogi saabit hota hai. Dusra Virechana hai, Virechana matlab induced purgation jisme ki medicines k dwara dast hum patients ko lagwate hai aur sharir ki gandagi bahar nikalte hai gudam marg k dwara. In nabhi k niche k rog, pittak k rog, twacha k rog, rakth k rog, isme bohot upyogi hota hai. Motape me bhi Virechana chikitsa bohot accha kaam karti hai. Teesra hai Basti Chikitsa. Basti Chikita ko Ayurveda k medicine vibhag me aadhi chikitsa kahi gayi hai.
Ye gudam marg k dwara jaise anemia hote hai waise hi kaadhe hai, shehad hai, medicines k powder hai, sab mila k medicated oils diya jaata hai. Fir Rakta Moksha hai jo ki Blood Letting hai aur iske ilawa nassein hai jo naak k dwara medicines ko daala jaata hai. To ye Panchakarma treatment k dwara hum apne sharir ko swasthya rakh sakte hai aur saath me rogon se mukti bhi pa sakte hai. Iske baare me aap ko agar jankari chahiye to aap Librate k through mujhe contact kar sakte hai ya mere clinic me aa sakte hai.
Aap sabhi ko swasthya ki subhkamnaye. Dhanyawad.
1. Eating about half a serving a day of soya-based foods could lower a men's sperm count.
2. Look at the relationship between semen quality and a plant form of female sex hormone oestrogen known as phytoestrogen, which is plentiful in soya-rich foods
3. Researchers from britain analysed the intake of 15 soya-based foods in 99 men. They were asked how much and how often in the prior 3 months they had eaten soya-rich foods. The researchers divided the men in to groups according to the soya consumption levels. Men in the highest group on average ate half a serving per day. It was found that men in the highest intake category had 41 million sperm/ml less than men who ate no soya foods.
4. A normal sperm count ranges from 80 million and 120 million per ml, and a sperm count of 20 million per ml or below is considered low.
5. The associtation betwwen soya foods and lower sperm count was stronger in owerweight men.
6. This was attributed to the presence of higher levels of androgen-produced oestrogen in overweight men.
7. The finding suggest that soya foods could affect the male reproductive system, especially sperm production. However, more studies are needed to check whether soys food could cause infertility. (human reproduction, july 2008)
According to my height my breast are very big how can I reduce my breast size naturally n effectively.
This is a common question asked by people suffering from pimples.
- For someone who is prone to pimples or who has just finished treatment it is important to use specific face washes as a preventive factor. A number of articles are written on the subject and several face washes and anti-acne bars are promoted by the media as well as the medical profession for treating acne/pimples.
- For a person who is under medication for pimples would use tablets, creams and gels to keep the skin dry and prevent pimples. So face washes containing drying agents like Salicylic acid or glycolic acid will be beneficial as it would support the treatment. Do not use face washes or soaps containing moisturising substances and glycerine as they would add more oil to the skin.
- After treatment of pimples is over from the doctor, it is better to continue using the drying face washes so that pimple causing bacteria do not accumulate on the skin.
- For people who would not want to spend much on costly facewashes for a long period, using any non-moisturising soap will also do. This is because the substances contained in soaps/bars/gels/face washes etc. remain in contact for not more than 15-20 seconds on the skin.
Hi. I'm a 23 year old female. Recently I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome. My doctor prescribed me dronis 20. For three months. My major concern is my weight gain. I have an upcoming wedding in my family in a month. And I have been doing cardio and other exercises since three months and I have a controlled / healthy diet too. I run for 6 kms every day. But nothing is helping me reduce my weight. My weight has reduced only by 1 kg in past three months. My doctor isn't prescribing me any pill to lose weight. Kindly suggest me a way out to lose the weight. I was 53 kgs and now I'm 61 kgs. It's getting really frustrating not seeing any results even after putting in the hard work.
My friend tell me that his male sex organ size is just 2inch in normal & when he was excited about sex that time size is 4-4.5 inches. He is 24 years old. So tell me that in future there was any problem occur during the sex. Or any complications for his marriage life or not?
I am married. I am 28 year old. Trying to conceive. I want to know about implantation bleeding. When implantation bleeding happens?
I have normal menses earlier, but from now I am facing a lot of problems, all pre menstrual symptoms are there but on the 1st day of menstruation there in only spotting and then no further bleeding is there only little bit of spotting is there. Can you please help me why this is happening? As earlier cycles were normal 3-4 days of menstruation.
Hello doctors, I had irregular period days, last few months I got periods on 26 or 27 days. By that last month I got on may 17. Still I vl not get periods and the days will more than 27. I tested my pregnancy test using that kit in my home. After missed periods of 5 days. But the results was negative. How I vl check again.
My query is related to unwanted pregnancy. I was being intimate with my girlfriend. I had never penetrated her and she is still a virgin. But some of my pre ejaculate was on my fingers and I rubbed my fingers on her genitals but does not penetrated my fingers either. This incident took place 13 days ago on october 29. Her last periods started on 20th of october and ends on 23rd october. Again 3 days ago on 7th november we again have a moment and some of my pre ejaculate was on her hand. She fingered herself with that hand but again did not penetrated herself. After that we realised that there are some chances of pregnancy from pre ejaculate. Now we do not know should we take some preventive measures or not. Is there any chance of pregnancy or not? Please guide us through this situation. I studied online about this and came across following drugs: misoprostol. Should I give it to her or not? Please tell me about its side effects and precautions while taking it, or any other thing that might help. My girlfriend also have diagnosed PCOS and have irregular periods from starting. She is also complaining about backache and have observed white fluid coming from her vagina.
I am experiencing Bleeding during periods time and thereafter and am afraid to move around freely. I am 49 years of age and for the last two years under homeopathic Doctor's treatment. Allopathic gynae cologist advises for removal of Uterus two years ago, but homeopathic doctor advised not to remove and promised cure by homeopathic medicines. Since two years no relief. I am diabetic and suffer from hypertension and taking medicines for the last 4 years. Please advise.
Iam 25 years old female my weight is 60 iam suffering for irregular periods then give a suggestion for weight loss.
Me and my bf decided to hav sex. And he had sm preejuclted fluid on his fingers wich he touched the condom with the same hand. Nd intercourse with the same condom. Wil I get pregnant cos im late of 1 week to ma periods.
I have irregular periods .....I wanna make it regular for me.....because I feel something heavy ......
Hi I am 20 years olde. I am myred I have a PCOD problem. I wnat kids. I want presence in one mant because my husband gone to out of. His coming soon. He life with me only one month. I have only one month bat im nat ache my pregnancy. I am already consulted two doctors bat no have goob result pllllz pllllz halp me I want my kids plz.
With the onset of monsoon, the risk of mosquito borne infections is on a high.Every year, our country struggles with dengue, with a huge number of people getting infected and some of them requiring hospitalization. Dengue is an extremely common viral infection which is transmitted by mosquitoes and presents as high-grade fever, body aches and pain in the joints.Here are some essential facts that you should know about Dengue.
1 . WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS
-Dengue should be suspected when you have a sudden onset of high-grade fever with a severe headache, pain behind the eyes, abdominal pain, body aches, rash and vomiting. The fever can lasts for 5-7 days.
-Around 3-7th day of illness, the fever will be very less or even normal.
-This marks the beginning of the critical phase where there could be a rapid decrease in decrease in platelet count.
-It is important to monitor the platelet count and watchful of danger signs (bleeding, rash, abdominal pain or vomiting). It usually lasts for 2-3 days.
2 . HOW IS DENGUE DIAGNOSED?
-Dengue is diagnosed by a blood test called Dengue Specific Antigen DS-1 (with or without Dengue Antibodies) and complete blood count (CBC) including platelet count.
-Typically, a patient will be positive for dengue specific antigen, decrease in platelet count and decrease in total white blood cells count.
-The normal platelet count is between 1.5 lakh -4 lakh.
3 . HOW SHOULD DENGUE BE MANAGED AT HOME?
-Most patients with dengue fever will not require hospitalization.
-They should take adequate rest, drink plenty of fluids (3-4 litres) and monitor the platelets closely.
-Use cold sponging and Paracetamol for fever.
-Aspirin, Ibuprofen other pain killers should be avoided.
-Antibiotics are not required.
-It is important to be watchful of any danger signs (bleeding, rash, abdominal pain or vomiting).
-The patient can follow up with their doctor every 24 hourly.
4 . WHEN DOES A PATIENT NEED TO BE HOSPITALIZED?
-The patient is usually admitted if he is dehydrated or bleeding or has any other danger signs.
-The patient is generally not admitted if the platelet count is above 50,000.
-The platelet transfusion is generally given if the platelet count is less than 10,000 in absence of bleeding manifestations.
5 . CAN A PERSON GET DENGUE AGAIN?
-It is possible to get dengue more than once.
-There are 4 different but related strains of dengue virus.
-Being affected by one strain offers no protection against the others.
6 . IS A DENGUE PATIENT INFECTIOUS?
-Dengue will not spread by touch, cough or secretions. But the spread of dengue from a patient to others is possible through a mosquito bite.
-The patient should be protected from contact with the mosquito by ensuring he sleeps under a bed net.