Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Richa AroraYour feedback matters!
*if you are speaking to someone on mobile, you can keep moving around while talking.
*if you are on laptop, take breaks from time to time and move around.
* take stairs instead of going by lift.
*park your vehicle some distance away from your destination point and walk the short distance to and fro.
*spend part of your weekend time in physical exercise and any other physical activity.
Most important- realise that your efficiency will go down soon if you neglect your health.
I am seeking from high fever and headache and I pregnant since 9 month so I can take a medicine.Please tell.
I got my periods on 18th july n ended on 21st july. And then on I inserted multiload on 26th july and after that some of the red clotting is cuming? Can I know why this is so?
What is the best to get pregnancy I got married going 1 year till my partner not getting pregnancy, what time is the best in sex activity? My partner will get date every month 4th of beginning month, I hear from date time to 15 days is best time but we don'n have any problems we did check up all sexual problem.
Em 22 years old female. Terminated the baby 4 months before due to toxoplasmosis n rubella. Toxo then was igg 400 n em pregnant again toxo is positive as 2 (no vaccine taken) em really scared wil this positive toxo affect my fetus please help me.
Me and my girlfriend had met in our room. Actually what happened is when I was inserting my penis into her vagina it doesn't get fit into it. What is the reason for that. Will you please suggest me.
I am 25 year old girl. I am feel like in future I ll have sugar problem. What should I do to I can cure this problem. I have cyst in left breast.
I went to my gynaec for a checkup this month as i'm trying to conceive frm d past 6 months. All my reports r normal. According to my follicular study I ovulated on d 25th day of my cycle. She asked me to have intercourse for 3 days. Every month after ovulation I have pain in my breasts. And I end up having my periods. This month too I have started wid d pain 5 to 6 days after ovulation. Does this mean I have not conceived this month also? please help im really worried.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I am Ms. Vamsy got married since4 months unable to conceive. I am 28 and my husband is 36 yrs old May I know the reason please? 1. I have frequent urination but no diabetes. I always drink water 2. During intercourse there is white discharge every time no fishy smell, but it happens even before periods and after periods.
I am not getting my periods from last two months. I took contraceptive tablet before my last period.I did check twice with d pregnancy kit n its came negative twice. I evn ate papaya continuesly for three days but zero results. Plz let me know y I m not getting my periods. I am 30 years old
There was an era where we had deadly infections like plague and polio causing death of thousands of people. We still have occasional outbreak of swine flu, but by and large, infections are quite controlled. The new killer diseases are caused because of the lifestyle we have adapted and the damage we have done to the environment. High intake of processed foods, artificial chemicals in our foods, sedentary lifestyle with very minimal to no physical activity, couching over the computers; the list is quite long.
All these have led to diseases like diabetes and cancer that were not so common about say few decades ago:
Detailed observation has revealed that both these new epidemiologic diseases have a close correlation. There are factors, which induce diabetes and diabetes in turn and in some cases, diabetes inducing agents, can cause cancer also. It has also been observed that mortality is severely increased if diabetic patients are diagnosed with cancer. There are two types of diabetes. While type 1 is mostly hereditary, type 2 is lifestyle induced and the age at which this is being diagnosed is taking a severe plunge. Adolescents and teenagers are being diagnosed for diabetes. Cancer, on the other hand, is of various types (leukaemia, melanoma, myeloma, etc.) and can affect various organs (lung, breast, prostate, stomach, liver, etc.).
The medical community is yet to decipher the disease pattern of both these conditions. While there is no definite correlation between diabetes and all types of cancer, some types of cancer are definitely correlated with a definite reason identified, pancreatic and liver cancer for instance. The high amounts of insulin that diabetic patients are exposed to causes changes in liver and pancreas including fatty liver and cirrhosis, here the incidence of cancer is higher. The linkage is not very clear in lung and intestinal cancers and also there is no link between prostate cancer and diabetes.
Diabetes is considered as a state of chronic inflammation and leads to conditions like hyperinsulinemia (higher levels of insulin in the blood) hyperglycemia (higher levels of sugar in the blood). These are believed to aggravate the neoplastic process of cancer formation, thereby inducing cancer at a greater pace and also increasing the mortality rates.
The following are risk factors that are applicable to both age, physical activity, diet, obesity, drinking and smoking. It is also possible that onset of one can be followed by the other. As noted earlier, more detailed research is awaited to establish a definite linkage, but the correlation cannot be ignored at all.
Both these new epidemics are here to stay and since they have a common set of factors, we need to work on ways to contain them.