Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Richa AroraYour feedback matters!
Hi. I had sex after my ovulation period. I was on top position. My last date of period was 3rd May 2017. I didn't got my menses. Can my position on top and it was only intercourse can I get pregnant when can I test for pregnancy. Pls suggest as no symptoms of pregnancy is there but my period is skipped.
Natural cures for irregular periods or delayed menstruation at home.
Irregular periods or delayed menstruation/ periods is a common problem faced by women. Irregular periods are also known as oligomenorrhea. The average menstrual cycle is for about 28 days. Though this no can increase or go down for some woman. Due to hormonal imbalance or certain other factor a women can face irregularity in periods or menstruation. This can be due to stress, certain medicines, strenuous exercising, poor diet, anemia, tuberculosis, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes etc. For the normal menses and regularity of the periods, there are various home remedies that can cure the irregular periods at home.
Natural cures for irregular periods at home.
1. Bitter gourd for irregular periods
Bitter gourd or karela in hindi, is a good cure for the irregular periods condition. Daily consumption of a 2 teaspoonful of karela juice will promote the regularity in the periods and menstruation.
2. Ginger remedy for for irregular periods
Ginger is a multipurpose product which has so many health related benefits. Ginger juice is highly recommended as a good home remedy to treat the irregular periods. Take ginger juice, one teaspoonful three times in a day for at least a month and soon it will help for the regulation of the menstruation.
Another alternative to this can be taking a small piece of ginger and boil that in half cup of water. Drinking that water two times in a day after the breakfast and dinner will also show good results in curing irregular periods.
3. Cinnamon cure for irregular periods
In the health benefits of cinnamon, we mentioned that cinnamon is good for curing the irregular periods and the menstrual cramps that the women common face. Cinnamon has a warming effect which helps to reduce the menstruation cramps. It also helps with the irregular periods.
4. Carrot juice for delayed menstruation
Carrots are good for health. Carrot juice is high on beta carotenes which helps the formation of vitamin a. Carrot juice is rich in iron hence this is great cure for anaemia. Drinking carrot juice everyday helps boost natural immunity, overcoming anaemia, irregular periods and delayed menstruation.
5. Unripe papaya
You might have heard that unripe papaya should not be used during the pregnancy. This can lead to miscarriage. Papaya has a warm effect on the body. Moreover, it induces muscle contraction in the uterus. But this unripe papaya remedy is helpful in regulating the menses when one is facing irregularity in periods. Eating unripe papaya daily in some quantity will help treat the irregular periods naturally at home.
6. Turmeric for for irregular periods cure
Turmeric is antispasmodic which is why it is beneficial in cramps during menstruation. Similarly turmeric is also beneficial in the delayed periods especially for teenager girls. Turmeric can be taken along with milk is the regarded as the best indian treatment for irregular periods. Take a glad of warm milk and add half teaspoonful of turmeric powder in it. Drink this every day.
7. Sesame seeds and honey
Another effective natural cure for irregular periods is with sesame seeds. Sesame seeds help in the hormonal imbalance and lower the stress as well with nutrient richness. Take a teaspoonful of sesame seeds with one teaspoonful of honey daily. This treatment will treat oligomenorrhea within a month and will make the periods regular. [ clean and dry daily intimate powder ]
8. Fennel seeds for delayed menstruation
Most of us take fennel seeds as a mouth freshener after the meals but their function can be much more than that. They aid in the better digestion and absorption of food. Fennel seeds also prevent the irregular periods problem. They make the menstruation regular and reduce the cramps. Take one teaspoonful of fennel seeds every day. This will induce the regular menstruation.
Other cures and tips for irregular periods and delayed menstruation
Along with the remedies shared above there are certain things that you should keep in mind. These tips will help make body healthy and the periods become regular.
Fruits and vegetable:
Fruits and vegetable should be taken in decent portions. Fruit and vegetables are rich in vital vitamins minerals etc which helps in blood formation, prevents anaemia, helps to cure hormonal imbalance. Certain fruit enzymes also relive stress as well.
Intensive exercise can be a cause for the irregular periods or delayed menstruation. But a sedentary lifestyle is also a cause for the same. Try to exercise or do brisk walking for at least 15-20 minutes daily.
Please note that these remedies for irregular periods are to be used when you are not menstruating or are not pregnant. For any serious issues please consult a doctor.
I wanted to ask one question 2 day back I done sex. While that I used protection (condom. And even I ejaculated outside. please I am scared is there any chance of my gf to get pregnant if yes what should I doo.
Hello. I am 22 years old and taking pills for two and a half years. I stopped for three months, and now after three months I started the first pack again. During the three months since I stopped, I have not received a period. Now when I was in the middle of the first pack, I slept with my friend and the condom broke in the middle of sex and he finished inside me. The question is how dangerous it is and what can I do?
Hi I have pcod multiple cysts on ovaries. I have been using geocysts tablets & gycon syrup for past 50 days and its been 70 days that I got my last period. And I am also trying for pregnancy. Negative pregnancy test last week. My height is nearly 5. Weight 50. Age 26. My stomach is bloating and having on & off pains. Please suggest me. Im sooo confused wat to do. How can I get pregnancy soon?
Are you concerned about your current diet and want to shift to a healthier diet, which will keep you fit? In that case, you have to make several modifications in your regular eating habits. You need to stay away from fried foods and foods containing too much of carbohydrates and fats. There are several food items, which are very beneficial for the body and help you to stay fit and healthy all the time. They are as follows:
- Milk: Milk is very important for people who perform rigorous activities in their daily lives. Milk contains muscle healing proteins and calcium, which are good for the bones and refuelling sugar; all essential for the body to keep fit and healthy. Milk contains serotonin and melatonin, which enable you to get enhanced sleep.
- Dried fruit: Dried fruits contain natural sugars and concentrated carbohydrates, which re very good for boosting your energy levels. You should consume dried fruits like raisins, apricots and mango. They are also rich in fibre, potassium, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, all of which enhance your overall health.
- Broccoli: Broccoli and several other green vegetables contain free radical antioxidants, fiber, which promotes digestion. It also has several minerals and vitamins. You should consume broccoli, kale, green cabbage and spinach. They contain folate, which is essential for pregnant women. They also contain calcium, which is good for making the bones strong.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain vitamin C and an antioxidant known as lycopene. Lycopene is considered to be a very powerful nutrient, which helps in the prevention of prostate cancer in men. Tomatoes also help when you are undergoing a weight-loss program as they contain weight loss hormones like leptin. This hormone helps in maintaining our body’s metabolism rate.
- Curd: Curd has a number of health and nutritional benefits, and eating curd every day helps your system stay cool, improves your digestive system, and helps get rid of stomach problems. The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create.
- Salmon: Salmon contains Omega 3 acid, which helps in keeping the heart healthy. The effects of memory loss are slowed down. The protein-rich fish helps in muscle repair and gives energy.
There are several other foods, which you should include in your daily diet in order to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. You may consume Brazil nuts, blueberries and cocoa as well. It is advisable to consult a dietician to get an ideal food chart. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am 24 years old and I am 5 months pregnant. Please advise if I have sex during this time will it effect the brain of the child, please suggest me.
I am 12 week pregnant and during my 2 month I have little spotting for 2-3 days, So doctor prescribed me 4 HCG injections that last in 10 weeks. And again doctor prescribed 2 more HCG injections after 10 week. Is it right to take HCG injections after 10 week as corpus luteum is going to degrade after 10 week.
1. Cuts Risk of Cancer
2. Protect against skin disorder
3. Increases metabolism
4. Stay Young
5. Control Blood Pressure / Cholesterol
6. Tea is naturally rich in antioxidant & hence helps to reduce the harmful effect of stress, Pollution, smoking, etc.
7. Preventing damage to healthy cell and tissue
8. Good for Brain power , Lungs , Liver , Bad Breath , Immunity & Bone
From about a month I am having discontinuous pain in right lower side near appendix, it is mild pain. I do not show any symptoms of appendicitis. From about a year I am suffering from poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Please tell from what I am suffering from and medications to be used for it. Thank you.
For small penis:
For increasing penis size, following treatments are available.
1. Use vacuum pump.
2. Penile jelquing device.
3. Penile weights.
4. Penile traction
5. Penile lengthening oil.
6. Penile platelet rich plasma injection.
7. Low energy shock wave therapy.
8. Acupuncture therapy.
9. Hydro pnemo therapy.
10. Penile massage therapy.
11. Venous ligation surgery.
12. Penile lengthening silicon sleeve implant in surgery
11. Take nutritious and healthy diet -avoid fast food, junk food, spicy and oily food.
13. Flatten your abdominal wall - do abdominal crunches, leg raises, push ups 20 times each daily.
14. Reduce your weight if you are obese.
Dr C Sharath Kumar.
Mbbs, ms, drcog,
Super specialist in male and female fertility.