Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Reva Tripathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reva TripathiYour feedback matters!
In which week of pregnancy ict test should be done? As I have ab negative blood group. .my husband has b positive. Its my first pregnancy. .is it mandatory to take anti d.
Hi am 60 days pregnant. Today morning I get bleeding lightly. But not in blood colour. Some brown colour thick paste like that. Little quantity. I do not know what happening. Bt no pain. Is there any problem.
What should be the endometrium thickness. After ovulation and in pregnancy if you conceive that month.
Hi my age is 23. I am taking fertility treatment from last 4 months. My hsg FSH and lh another tests all are good. I don't have thyroid, But have vitamin d deficiency. Why I didn't get pregnancy. Can you please tell me the tips to get pregnancy early. Thank you.
Small endocrine glands, which are located on top of each kidney are known as Adrenal glands. These Adrenal glands produce hormones that regulate blood sugar, stress and sexual functions. Any problems in the pituitary gland can affect the Adrenal gland as the pituitary gland regulates all endocrine glands.
Different types of Adrenal gland disorders are:
- Cushing's disease: This disorder occurs when the Adrenal glands produce too much cortisol in the body. Cortisol is a hormone that Adrenal glands produce when a body is exposed to stress. The cause of this disease is the intake of steroids and tumors present in the pituitary gland. Its symptoms are increase in blood pressure, weakness in the muscles and weak bones.
- Adrenal cancer: Presence of cancerous cells in the Adrenal cortex leads to Adrenal cancer. Symptoms of the disorder are stomach cramps, blood pressure problems and irregular menstrual cycle.
- Addison's disease - This disease occurs when the Adrenal glands produce less cortisol. This disorder is linked with the immune system as the Adrenal glands are attacked by it during this disorder. Symptoms of this disorder are nausea, loss of appetite, constipation and muscle pain.
- Pheochromocytoma - It is a tumor that develops in the adrenal gland and causes excessive production of a hormone called catecholamine. These hormones help in regulating blood pressure. The primary causes of this disorder are genetic factors. Common symptoms of this disorder are headaches, shortness of breath and sweating.
- Conn's syndrome - This disorder occurs when the hormone Aldosterone is produced in excess by the Adrenal glands. Symptoms of this disorder are feeling excessively thirsty, muscle weakness and high blood pressure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi,I Have breast pain during early pregnancy, Is that one of the symptoms? I get pain in breast during periods also.
Whenever you peruse through snack options in a store, looking for a fulfilling yet healthy option often turns out to be really challenging. This is where you might consider nuts, such as almonds or walnuts. They are healthy snacking options with rich reserves of protein, fibre, and energy.
However, even in the choice between almonds and walnuts, there are certain things which need to be kept in mind.
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams worth of fat, and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium - essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amounts of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber,which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% Vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of Vitamin E - essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They are both essential, especially if they can be incorporated into our diets in the correct proportions.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits
Male fertility surgery
Male microsurgery also involves specialised operative techniques for the repair of very small structures, such as the tubes that carry sperm (the vas deferens). It is commonly used where there is a low sperm count, or no sperm at all.
Microsurgery can be used to:
- reverse a Vasectomy
- bypass a blockage in the epididymis,
- cure a Varicocele (swelling of the veins about the testis), which allows the testis to produce better sperm,
- In the case of azoospermia (absence of sperm in the testes), microsurgery is also used to perform surgical sperm retrieval so it can be used for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI). The genetic make up of the sperm is tested first, before fertility treatment.
Most microsurgery is done as a day surgery procedure, and you will need up to a week to recover after the procedure. Occasionally we can cure obstruction to sperm passage in the urinary tract.