Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reva TripathiYour feedback matters!
My both breast is paining a lot I cannot bear usually before period I have pain in n both breast but my date also done on 8 th of may but now pain has increased a lot from ten days I have sex on 12th of may that is on 5th day of period so is it is symptoms of pregnancy.
I am 6 weeks 2 days pregnant and my doctor prescribed me duphaston jusprin 18 mg and follicum tablets. I had missed abortion last year and having hypothyroid also and from last 4 days am unable to take my hypothyroid tablet due to lack of stock in my area. It will take one more week to bring tablets from india. Will it effect my baby and when I should go for scanning of my baby to know about heartbeat.
My 29 years old sister is taking Olanzapine 2.5 mg tablets everyday. She is a breast feeding mother to a premature baby. Is it safe for both mother and the baby to continue this medication?
World salt awareness week 20th -26th march 2017
The theme for this year is "salt: the forgotten killer"
So let's see is salt is the spice of life or the hidden culprit.
Sodium is a mineral that occurs naturally in nature as sodium chloride, or common salt.
Since ancient times human beings have been adding salt to their food, at first as a primitive method of preserving it against spoilage, and then as a flavor enhancer. Your body needs a little bit of sodium in order to maintain proper fluid balance, but you can get enough from eating fruits and vegetables.
If a large part of your diet consists of processed and fast foods, you are almost certainly taking in too much salt.
How does body handle sodium.
In the body, sodium is processed by the kidneys. However, when a person eats too much sodium, the kidneys cannot process all of it. The excess sodium ends up in the bloodstream. Because the mineral retains water, the volume of blood in the body increases. As a result, the circulatory system has to work harder to pump the blood. Over time, this added strain on the system can result in heart disease and kidney failure.
According to the harvard school of public health, long-term intake of too much salt can damage the kidneys along with the heart and aorta. Salt intake may also raise blood pressure, which can cause damage to the kidney’s nephrons, which filter wastes.
If you must add salt, use just a pinch sea salt.
I am a 23 year old female, This month my periods got delayed by 5 day I went to doctor she suggest beta test to check pregnancy my hcg came as 12.5 I asked her to give me bleeding tablet she said we will wait for 1 week as those medicine can cause complications. However yesterday night ihad half Papaya and this morning I got my periods now am concern whether this bleeding will create problems in future or I am not pregnant.
Recently I had laparoscopy for removal of ovarian cyst (endometriosis, can I conceive after this, I want baby.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure or technique where the inner and outer muscles and structures around the vagina are surgically tightened. Remember that the vagina and surrounding tissues are composed of muscles and elastic tissue. With age and the process of childbirth, these go through a lot of changes. This could lead to changes in the way a woman experiences sex and improve her urinary function. All of this can affect overall health, both physically and emotionally.
Vaginal rejuvenation as a surgery helps to restore muscle tone, improve control and strength. It not just increases sexual pleasure, but can also relieve urinary incontinence.
Ideal candidates: Now, there are specific women who would benefit from this. They are:
- Women who desire a more youthful appearance and improved functioning of the vulva and vaginal areas.
- Women with weakened muscle tone and strength. This could be result of aging, trauma, genetics, or childbirth. In these women, the vaginal tissues are stretched and therefore have less tone and strength and poor control. The sexual experience may be less than satisfactory because of the laxity of these tissues.
Options: Rejuvenation of the vagina can begin with a nonsurgical option and progress to gradually invasive modes.
- The first option would be the Kegel exercise. This involves conscious effort on the woman to hold her breath and consciously control the pelvic floor muscle contractions. This can be done anywhere and often yields wonderful results.
- The second option is the laser wherein a beam of fractional laser light is used to heat the vaginal tissues to about 60 to 70 degrees Celsius. This increased heat causes neocollagenesis, which is the production of new collagen that is firmer and more elastic. The result is growth of a thicker, more youthful vaginal lining.
- The next option would be surgical where the vaginal tissues are surgically manipulated to remove excess, redundant tissue, or shaped to improve cosmetic appearance. This is often required if the pelvic floor muscles have separated. These exercises need to be followed up with Kegel for long-lasting results.
- Increases friction during sexual intercourse
- Improves control over vaginal tissues and muscles
- Improves sexual satisfaction
- Improves cosmetic appearance of the vaginal area
- Reduces internal and external vaginal diameters
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, and can also help relieve urinary incontinence
What to expect?
- This procedure may not be covered by insurance
- Get yourself in safe hands and be clear on what to expect. Expectation mismatch can be a big disappointment post-surgery, and there is nothing much that can be done about that aspect. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!