Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Retu GuptaYour feedback matters!
Alopecia Areata is a kind of balding that happens when your insusceptible framework erroneously assaults hair follicles, which is the place hair development starts. The harm to the follicle is generally not perpetual. Specialists do not know why the resistant framework assaults the follicles. Alopecia areata is most normal in individuals more youthful than 20, however youngsters and grown-ups of all ages might be influenced. Women and men’s are, influenced similarly.
What occurs in alopecia areata?
Alopecia areata for the most part starts when clusters of hair drop out, bringing about thoroughly smooth, round bald fixes on the scalp or different zones of the body. Now and again, the hair may wind up noticeably more slender without observable patches of sparseness, or it might develop and sever, leaving short stubs (called "outcry point" hair). In uncommon cases, finish loss of scalp hair and body hair happens. The male pattern baldness regularly travels every, which way hair will become back more than a while in one territory however will drop out in another zone.
At the point when alopecia areata brings about patches of balding, the hair for the most part becomes in a couple months.
- Although the new hair is generally an indistinguishable shading and surface from whatever remains of the hair, it occasionally is fine and white. Around 10% of individuals with this condition may never re-grow hair.
- You will probably have lasting male pattern baldness in the event that you:
- Have a family history of the condition.
- Have the condition at a youthful age (before pubescence) or for longer than 1 year.
- Have another immune system ailment.
- They are inclined to sensitivities.
- Have broad male pattern baldness.
- Have anomalous shading, shape, surface, or thickness of the fingernails or toenails.
Since hair is an imperative piece of appearance, male pattern baldness can bring about feeling ugly.
In a few people with alopecia areata, the fingernails and toenails end up noticeably hollowed they look as though a stick had made numerous little scratches in them. They may likewise look like sandpaper.
How is Alopecia areata analyzed?
Alopecia areata, is analyzed through a medicinal history and physical examination. Your specialist will get some information about your male pattern baldness, take a gander at the example of your male pattern baldness, and look at your scalp. In addition, he or she may pull delicately on a couple of hairs or haul some out.
Tests for Alopecia Areata include:
Your specialist will take a specimen of your hair and analyze it under a magnifying lens. A scalp test, is additionally taken here and there.
How is it treated?
Since hair more often than not becomes back inside a year, you may choose not to treat alopecia areata.
In the event that you pick not to treat the condition and sit tight for your hair to develop back, you may wish to:
Wear hairpieces – Hairpieces are, produced using human or engineered hair that is, embedded into Nylon netting. Hairpieces, might be appended to the scalp with paste, metal clasps, or tape. Nevertheless, hair weaving, which includes sewing or interlacing bits of longer hair into existing hair is not suggested in light of the fact that it might bring about perpetual male pattern baldness.
Utilize certain hair mind items and styling methods. Hair mind items or perms may make hair seem thicker. Colors might, be utilized to shading the scalp. In any case, ceaseless utilization of perms or colors may bring about more balding.
By what method will Alopecia Areata influence your life?
Alopecia areata does not influence you, as another condition may be it is not difficult, it does not make you feel debilitated, and it does not bring about genuine medical issues. You cannot spread it to other individuals, and it ought not to meddle with school, work, or diversion.
Nevertheless, if male pattern baldness is making you feel ugly, it is vital to converse with somebody about it. A guide can help, as can conversing with other individuals with a similar condition.
HI im kishore and im 22, im suffering from dark circles from my child hood. And till now, is there any permanent solution to remove it.
I am 25 years old girl. I have extremely dry skin condition. Do not know the name of the condition. But its resembles a lot with ichthyosis vulgaris. My skin is very very dry flaky scaly. Skin becomes dark when its dry. I have tried scrub. But it again becomes dry. Its genetic. My father has the same problem.
I'm 24 years old and ne disease like hair loss of the head growing day by day please suggest me a medicine that will help me ou. And help me to wipe out my dandruff please help me sie, for kindness I have suffered from this from 4 years.
Hi Tell me some herbal shampoo for effectively removing dandruff . Having less chemicals . I currently use Himalaya anti dandruff shampoo and not satisfied with it. As after the wash also, dandruff doesn't go from scalp.
Dear doctors, main cigerrate smoking ka addict nahi hu kbhi kbhi ho jata h uski wajah se mere lips pe black colour k daag dhabbe bn gye h pinkness aur shining loss ho gyi h, so pls help me how I recover it and be a pinky lips and I promise to get quit smoking forever. Thanks.
Mera age 31 hay .aur mera hair White hona suru hogi side sy .pls kuch upai batay .taki may White bal ko rok saku.
Hello Doctor, I just want to ask can I take Amway nutrilite tablets for skin nails and hair actually my hair is long but getting thin day by day and my skin looks dull and dark circles appear under eyes so kindly suggest me is Amway nutrilite is good for me or not thank you.
I am 16 years old boy and my hairs are falling out, can it will be regrown? What should I do to avoid hairfall? Which shampoo and conditioner should I prefer?
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is spread upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles absorb the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
- Precision: One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is the fact that you can pick and choose and remove only the hair, which you want to remove, which is not the case with waxing.
- Speed: Laser hair removal is relatively quick as an area, roughly equal to the size of one coin can be treated within a second. Therefore, small areas which need to be treated can be treated in under a minute while the whole back can have all the hair on it treated in about an hour.
- Reliability: Laser hair removal is very predictable and reliable due to the fact that hair growth will permanently be reduced if this treatment is opted for.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
- Limit plucking, electrolysis and waxing: All of these treatments remove the root of the hair. This is not good as the laser hair removal treatment is meant to be performed on the root of the hair. These should not be done for six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure: Exposure to the sun creates complications and should be avoided for up to six weeks before treatment and also six weeks after treatment.
There are also few risks of laser hair removal, about which you should be aware of. These include:
- Blisters and sunburns: Even though blisters are rare, sunburns are pretty common. You can wear makeup on your face to cover up this.
- Changes in the color of the skin: Sunscreen can be worn to treat this problem.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!