Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Done sperms test 2 times but it was 0 counts. I have 5years daughter planning for 2nd baby that time it was diagnosed. What are the causes of 0 sperms count. Is it possible to have 2nd baby with this report.
Every morning you may require your shot of coffee (or caffeine) to be wide awake, in the evening to lessen fatigue or at night to improve focus and concentration. But like every other thing, even coffee comes with its sweet spot. Research reveals that the appropriate caffeine intake per day should be about 500-600 mgs, which adds up to about 5 cups of coffee. When you cross this limit, coffee can have several unsavory effects on your body. Sample these.
1. Heightened sensory experience
A 2009 study by Durham University revealed that individuals who have about 3 cups of coffee are 3 times likelier to see things, hear voices as well as sense the presence of imaginary beings. Hallucinations are a result of the caffeine content in the coffee, which bring about an aggravation in the physiological effects of stress. The caffeine in coffee causes overproduction of cortisol (a stress hormone) leading to heightened sensory activities.
2. Too much coffee could end up making you fatter
A study published in a reputed journal revealed the links among caffeine, cortisol, and fat storage. It disclosed that caffeine has the propensity to significantly increase the levels of the stress hormone, cortisol. High levels of cortisol can bring about an increase in storage of fat around your mid-section, and can subsequently lead to obesity and other serious diseases like Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular ailments.
3. It can cause liver damage
Too much coffee can damage your liver. Results from a study indicate that individuals who consume about 2 or more cups of coffee every day were 50% likelier to develop chronic liver disease compared to individuals who drank less than a cup per day.
4. It can cause twitching of your muscles
Since coffee contains caffeine, too much of it can cause the muscles in your body to move erratically. This is because caffeine found in coffee is a natural stimulant, and can affect the nerves of your muscles adversely.
Whether it’s coffee or tea or even beer, moderation is the key to enjoying your favourite beverage to avoid the negative effects it can have on your health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I'm 19. N my boyfriend is 21. We have sex 3-4 times in a year. We do use a condom bt for extra safety I take an emergency contraceptive pill as well. How safe is it to use that pill? and what are the other options available.
I m 18 yrs old n my problem 1> is that m not feeling well from 4 months feeling like vomiting and weakness headache and some time my head become cold from inside and digestion problem too. 2> usually my period come in 30 days but due to unwanted few times it comes in 8 days is it right. and can I take unwanted 3 time in a month is it harmful.
Hi Doctor, In October 2015, I have had ectopic pregnancy which was treated by salpingectomy and one of my fallopian tube has been removed, want to inform you that my fallopian tube was not raptured but beta-HCG level was high i.e. 50,000 and heartbeats were also present. I just want to know that in future there will be any complication related to my pregnancy?
Hi doctor, I m married and I want to planning baby. How can we conceive baby easily? I try to do from last 5 months but no result. please help me. My wife age is 28.
• Cut down salt (common table salt) intake in your diet to avoid hypertension. Intake should not exceed more then 2 to 2.5 gm a day.
• Avoid foods rich in cholesterol: ground nut oil, ghee, butter, whole milk, eggs, lard (fats derived from pig meat), tallow (fats derived from goat or sheep mutton) – all non-vegetarian food contain cholesterol in varied amount.
• Avoid non-vegetarian food especially red meat.
• Increase intake of foods that contain PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids): flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, sesame oil, olive oil. As all oils are high in fats, its consumption should be limited. The intake of oils should not exceed 20gms a day.
• Sesame oil and almond oil hinders the absorption of LDL (low-density lipoproteins), so it is advisable to use replace other cooking oils by sesame oil.
• Increase your intake of water.
• Consume whole grain cereals and whole pulses.
• Take high fiber diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables etc.
• Cut down the intake of sugar and other sweeteners.
• Avoid fat-rich portions of flesh foods. Instead have lean meat.
• Avoid fat-rich desserts and fried snacks like cakes, pastries, puddings etc
• Instead of frying food boil, steam, grill or roast food.
• Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks, junk food – pizza, burgers etc.
• Consume food rich in magnesium.
– Nuts and sea food, green leafy vegetables, sea plants like Japanese sea plants, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds.
• Increase intake of vitamin C, it maintains the elasticity and integrity of the artery walls.
– Citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, vegetables- cabbage, broccoli, tubers- potatoes and sweet potatoes.
• Increase calcium intake:-
– milk and sea food, nuts- ground nuts, walnut, almond and cashew nuts; green leafy vegetables, whole grains, fruits like - custard apple and banana.
– Peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
Feeling a lump on your breasts can be a terrifying moment. 'Cancer' is the first thing that comes to mind but in reality, most lumps in the breast are not caused by cancer. Apart from cancer, breast lumps can be caused by non-cancerous growths, injuries and infections. The only way to correctly diagnose the cause of a lump in the beasts is through a biopsy. Hence, this is the first step towards treating a breast lump. From here on, treatment will depend on the cause identified.
Mastitis or Breast Infection
Mastitis is a painful infection of the breast tissue often faced by women who are breastfeeding. It can be treated with heat treatment and antibiotics. Massaging the breast while taking a warm shower or applying a warm compress. This will open up the milk ducts and should be followed by nursing the baby or using a breast pump to relieve the swelling and pain.
Antibiotics are the first line of treatment against an abscess but this is effective only if given in the initial stage of the infection. In later stages, an abscess will need to be surgically drained.
This is a non-cancerous tumour often found in young women. It is often difficult to distinguish between a Fibroadenoma and a cancerous tumour and hence these are usually surgically removed.
In some cases, the breast itself is composed of knotted, rope like tissue. This is known as having fibrocystic breasts. If a new lump presents itself on fibrocystic breasts, a mammogram and an ultrasound are performed to evaluate the lump. In most cases fibrocystic changes do not require any medication or surgery.
Cysts can be defined as fluid filled lumps. In some cases, these cysts become apparent at the time of ovulation and disappear after the period. In other cases, it may need to be drained with a thin needle. Cysts often recur and need to be re-drained.
Fat Necrosis and Lipoma
Fat necrosis is a lump caused by an injury to the fatty tissue in the breast. Lipoma is a fatty growth within the fatty tissue. In both these cases, no treatment is required but if it causes any problems, it can be removed.
If the biopsy reveals the presence of a cancerous tumour, you must immediately consult an oncologist. Treatment options for breast cancer include chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and hormone treatment.
Sir, my wife is pregnant from last one month. After blood test report thyroid level 6.78.whether it will affect to child.
I am 32years old married male my wife had medical abortion using pills unwanted kit. Now its 1 year can we try to have kid now. Will this medical abortion cause any problems. Its already year last april we had medical abortion. Please help me is it ok to try for baby now. Will there be any problems. Once we tried this month when we had sex the sperm came out is this a problem. Or its natural some sperm to come out please let me know we are worried about it. As we want a baby now.
I am 19 years old but I do not get my periods regularly. I have consulted gynecologists she tested me and said I have some air bubbles and until and unless they go I will not get my periods regularly. She said to use tablets and I hv used for 6 months. While I was using them I got my periods regularly but now when I stopped I am not getting. I am realizing that there is a kind of smell coming from me. Is weight is the only reason? Do I need to loose my weight? If yes then how can I loose my weight? Pls help me! I need any suggestion that helps me.
A new study has revealed that a commonly prescribed anti-depressant, sertraline, marketed as zoloft, significantly increased the volume of one brain region in depressed individuals but decreased the volume of two brain areas in non-depressed individuals.
The findings of the study also suggest that although it is a common practice to prescribe antidepressants for various disorders besides depression, taking these medicines for treating disorders other than depression may expose us to unknown risks.
Is there any Pill like viagra for Female because my Wife don't have interest to do sex. We got married before 5 years and we have a 3.5 years child. From starting she is afraid for Inject, she is having too much pain at the time of Injecting and because of this reason she is not ready to do intercourse. After child birth we have not done a single time intercourse and now she completely don't have interest in sex. Pls help me out from this problem.
Hi Doctor I am 23 years old and I am pregnant. Its 8th month running of my pregnancy and I worried about that some time I feels much pain at the chest and lower part of belly. Is it serious thing or I have to take any precaution. Kindly advice.
Men diagnosed with the fertility related issues or infertility are more susceptible to type 2 diabetes according to recently published study.
The study recommends routine visits of such patients for check-up. The rates of infertility among men are rising due to changing lifestyle, dietary habits, stress and other physiological factors.
The scientists have been studying the associated factors for infertility. Now for the first time scientists have studied the effects of infertility on general ailments.
The scientists from stanford university, school of medicine conducted the study which showed that patients diagnosed with infertility have a greater risk of developing other conditions such as ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes compared to fertile men.
The scientists conducted retrospective study in which they assessed the medical records of over 1, 15, 000 men filed between 2001 and 2009.
The scientists scrutinized the men's medical visits before and after fertility testing to determine what health complications they developed in the years after fertility evaluations. They compared general health conditions of men with infertility diagnoses to men without the diagnoses and to men who underwent vasectomy.
The results of the study showed that the infertile men had higher rates of most diseases the researchers had shortlisted.
The scientists found that the infertile men had higher rates of diabetes even when the results were adjusted for the obesity. They found similar results for ischemic heart diseases.
The scientists have wished to expand their research to check physiological relationships between these conditions. Meanwhile, scientists have recommended that infertile men should regularly undergo health check-ups in order to prevent of onset of these conditions.
गर्भावस्था में किसी भी महिला के लिए पौष्टिक आहार अधिक महत्वपूर्ण हो जाता है। यह न केवल मां के लिए बल्कि होने वाले बच्चे के स्वास्थ्य के लिए भी अत्यंत आवश्याक होता है। इसलिए गर्भवती महिला की आहार योजना में पौष्टिक पदार्थों का सही मेल होना बेहद जरूरी है। साथ ही, आपको अपने खाने का लिए अतिरिक्त ध्यान रखना होता है। लेकिन, जानकारों की नजर में आयुर्वेद किसी भी गर्भवती महिला के लिए बेहद उपयोगी आहार योजना हो सकती है। गर्भावस्था में खाने-पीने के मामले में आयुर्वेद विश्वसनीय उपाय है। आयुर्वेद गर्भवती महिलाओं के लिए एक आदर्श प्रोटोकॉल है।
आयुर्वेद आहार को 3 श्रेणियों सात्विक, राजसिक, और तामसिक में बांटा जाता है। सात्विक आहार ताजा और पौष्टिक होता है, राजसिक आहार ऊर्जावान, और तामसिक आहार कुछ हद तक भारी और सुस्त होता है। इन सब में से सात्विक भोजन गर्भावस्था के दौरान सबसे अच्छा आयुर्वेदिक आहार माना जाता है।
आइए जानें, गर्भावस्था में आयुर्वेदिक आहार मेन्यू के बारे में-
• आयुर्वेद के अनुसार, गर्भधारण से पहले कम से कम 3 महीने तक सात्विक आहार करना चाहिए। इस आहार को ताजा फल आड़ू, आम और नारियल के रूप में मिलाकर करना चाहिए।
• गर्भावस्था के दौरान आयुर्वेद आहार में बासमती चावल को बेहतर विकल्प के तौर पर देखा जाता है। मीठे आलू, अंकुरित अनाज और स्क्वैश सब्जियां उनके उच्च पोषण के महत्व की वजह से सूची से बाहर नहीं रह सकते।
• मां बनने जा रही महिला तरल या घी के साथ या दूध के साथ मिश्रित चावल खा सकती है। मछली एक गर्भवती महिला के लिए स्वस्थ आहार है। लेकिन लाल मांस खाने से बचना चाहिए। इसे भी पढ़े- (गर्भावस्था में न लेने योग्य आहार)
• हर सुबह एक गिलास फलों का ताजा रस पीना चाहिए।
• दलिया और अनाज खाएं।
• गर्भावस्था के दौरान आयुर्वेदिक आहार में विटामिन सी भी आता है। जो माँ और बच्चे दोनों के लिए बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है। गाजर, टमाटर में प्रचुर मात्रा में विटामिन सी होता है। इसलिए दोपहर के भोजन में इसे शामिल करें।
• भ्रूण के विकास के बारे में बात करे, तो गर्भावस्था के पहले तीन महीने अत्यधिक महत्वपूर्ण हैं। भ्रूण के विकास के लिए दूध और पानी, नारियल पानी और फलों के रस जरूर पिएं।
• 7 महीने के दौरान नमक और वसा की मात्रा को कम करना आवश्यक है।
• आयुर्वेद आहार में गेहूं, राई, जई, अंकुरित, सेम, मसूर, रोटी, सोया सेम, और सूखे मटर आते है। इन खाद्य पदार्थों में प्रोटीन का खजाना होता है, और गर्भावस्था के लिए एकदम सही आयुर्वेदिक आहार है। आलू, पालक, बादाम, अंजीर, अंगूर और सूखे मेवे भी एक भ्रूण के लिए अच्छे आहार है।
गर्भावस्था आहार का सही चयन वास्तव में बच्चे के मानसिक और शारीरिक स्वास्थ्य का फैसला करता हैं। इस समय के दौरान स्वास्थ्य के प्रति जागरूक होना बहुत जरूरी है। और इस दौरान आप आयुर्वेदिक गर्भावस्था आहार पर पूरा विश्वास कर सकती हैं