Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Renuka MalikYour feedback matters!
The immune system is extremely important in an individual's system. A strong immune system helps to combat the invasion of foreign particles and consequently resists the diseases. Vaccination in such a context becomes imperative as it strengthens an individual's immunity. In vaccination, antigens or germs are given in very small doses. They stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies to fight against that particular infection. Vaccinations are provided to both children and adults to protect them from a number of diseases. However, different vaccinations are provided in different ages according to the susceptibility to diseases.
Some of the vaccinations that are provided to newborns are:
1. Hepatitis B vaccine: This vaccination is given in order to prevent the child from having Hepatitis B. Hepatitis B is a liver disease that if persists can lead to liver failure or even liver cancer. This vaccine must be injected immediately after the birth of the baby. The first dose must be followed by administering a second dose within a span of a month or two.
2. Rotavirus Vaccine (RV): This vaccine, taken orally, prevents the infant from Rotavirus. This virus causes vomiting and diarrhea in children that often leads to severe dehydration. This vaccine is administered within two to four months of the baby's birth. Sometimes, on doctor's prescription a second dose may be necessary in the sixth month.
3. Acellular Pertussis Vaccine and Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids: This is a combination of various vaccines that protects the child from tetanus and diphtheria. Newborns are extremely prone to diphtheria that causes fatal illness and sometimes even deaths in children. This vaccination thereby, is extremely important and must be administered within two or four months and must be followed up with secondary doses later under the doctor's supervision. Vaccinations do not end with childhood. In many cases adults too need to be vaccinated against certain diseases. Some of them are:
- Hepatitis A Vaccine: You can get this vaccination if there is any risk of you suffering from Hepatitis A. Much like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A too is an acute liver disease. This is extremely fatal and is seldom accompanied by any symptoms.
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccine: This is a sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical dysplasia in women and men. The apt age for both men and women for this vaccination differs. Women who are twenty six years of age or younger and men below or at the age of twenty one are most suitable for this vaccination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Antioxidants are substances that help the body protect itself from harmful molecules called free radicals. Free radicals are not necessarily formed by medicines. It needs change to free radicals produced by enzymatic and nonenzymatic reactions/by inflammation and external factors like smoking x-rays, chemicals, industrial pollutants, ozone and certain drugs.
Antioxidants include vitamins C and E, beta carotene and minerals such as flavonoids and selenium; both of which are found in plants. The best kind of antioxidants the human body receives is from fruits and veggies. While flavonoids are found in red wine, fruits and in different types of tea; pharmaceutical companies also sell dietary supplements rich in antioxidants.
Antioxidants and their role in the human body:
Antioxidants play a great role in management, prevention and in the subsequent elimination of diseases such as various types of Cancers, Alzheimer’s and a few arthritis related conditions.
How safe are antioxidants for your body?
Medical practitioners are of the opinion that the best source of antioxidants is your natural sources rather than dietary supplements. Over abuse of antioxidants can be lethal for your body. It is always advised to have plenty of fruits and vegetables each day.
Not only does diet contribute to antioxidants, the body too employs certain mechanisms to protect itself from damage. Antioxidant enzymes such as glutathione peroxidase and superoxide dismutase are few such enzymes. Micronutrients such as iron, copper, selenium, zinc and manganese are required to help facilitate these mechanisms. Inadequate intake of these minerals in your diet might reduce the activities performed by antioxidants; these claims have been backed by scientific studies.
Hi I am 31 years old recently I had an miscarriage in second month of pregnancy after 5 years I had conceived my first baby is 5 years old. I want to conceive now need your advice it is good to conceive now my D&c was done at 16 Nov.
As your pregnancy progresses, changing positions may become necessary for your comfort. After the fourth month of pregnancy a woman may notice feeling dizzy or nauseated while lying flat on her back. This is related to the weight of the growing uterus pressing on major blood vessels. Positions may need to be altered at this time.
A water-based lubricant may be used during intercourse if necessary.
During intercourse, you should not feel pain. During orgasm, your uterus will contract. If you have any contractions that are painful or regular, contact your doctor. Also, discontinue intercourse and call your doctor immediately if you have heavy vaginal bleeding (light spotting is normal) or if your water breaks (nothing should enter the vagina after your water breaks).
Talking to your partner about how you are feeling about sex and any concerns you have will help you stay comfortable. Also, encourage your partner to communicate with you, especially if you notice changes in your partner's responsiveness. Communicating can help you both better understand your feelings and desires.
I am Married, having hypothyroidism since 2004, we are trying for baby for past six months , my recent tsh level was 8.3microIU/ml, and dosage 50 mcg, In order to conceive should I need any extra dosage? And is there is any optimum level of tsh for conceiving? Why I am not able to conceive? Kindly help me out with your suggestions.
My girl friend should get periods after 13th march but she didn't get. We had unprotected sex many times after 1st march 2016. Today is April 1st and still she doesn't have her periods. I insisted her to eat papaya bcos I heard that I can terminate pregnancy.
No periods its 5 weeks after medical abortion, only once had sex with pull method 2 week back, home pregnancy test is negative, but no periods yet only bloating and cramping from one week.
Successful living is a state where the mind and body are in perfect sync. In this state, one is able to make use of all of the available resources to live happily and with satisfactory results as far as life, work and relationships go. This does not mean that there are absolutely no problems. It simply means that you look at the problems and challenges as opportunities for growth, and solve them to live to the best of your abilities.
So what are the rules for successful living? Here is our list!
- Believe and Understand: While you may have heard the phrase, 'Believe in yourself', you would not have heard the word understand associated with it on a normal basis. Yet, the crux of the matter is this to believe, you must understand. Believing in your abilities is one side of the coin. Understanding your limitations is the other side. So, once you have both things in place, it becomes easier to plan your actions in a realistic manner. When you believe in your competence and understand your limitations, you will either take on those tasks that will be commensurate with your skills, or you will equip yourself with higher skills so as to take on even more varied activities and tasks.
- Simplify: This is an often repeated and extremely underrated term. To be more organised, you do not merely need the latest modular fittings in your home and office. One of the aspects of simplifying is decluttering. When you declutter, you are effectively removing all those things that do not serve you. If these things were to remain in front of you, they will only serve to expend your energy with thoughts of wastage and wastage of time as well, since you will be working your way through chaos to get to your core.
- Moderation: Simplification and moderation go hand in hand. Superfluous acts may give instant gratification, but they do not serve you in the long run. They strip you of self-control and can even alienate you from your relationships as you get closer to things rather than people. So, it is good to have a healthy dose of everything in your life for true balance and successful living.
- Perspective: If problems are bogging you down, then there are chances that your perspective is all wrong. Being more open and looking at the big picture are two sure shot ways of ensuring that the problems come and go without affecting your equilibrium.
Being in the moment and putting your family first is a part of creating a balanced situation in life where judegments, material wants and egos will not matter.
I got my girlfriend accidentally pregnant. And we want to avoid this . Is there any prescribed medicine for that ? It's her 12 th day and she tested positive by a pregnancy testing kit . Thanks.
Dear Doctor, I am 11 weeks pregnant. My next scan is on 5th Nov when I complete my 3 months pregnancy. Today morning I had little bleeding, went to my doctor and she gave injection and asked to put tomorrow also and she said no need to worry. Please let me know why it's happening? Before also I got blood spotting 2-3 times. I'm really worried. Hope it will no effect my baby. Waiting for your kind reply please.
Is there any way to find out that she is virgin or not? Has she done sex before? If yes then how can we check.
How can one stabilize hormones to treat PCOS condition naturally . Rather than supplement with hormones for regularizing menstrual periods at the age of 14.
I am 26 years old I've had unprotected sex with my girlfriend around 15 days ago after that I've given her I-Pill Tablet next morning. Now she's having her period but she's having problem like less blood count because in previous periods she had change pad twice a day but now the blood count is so lesser because of that we are worrying if their is any problem? Please reply me as soon as possible Thank you.
Use male condoms made of latex, or polyurethane if you or your partner is allergic to latex. Use male condoms for vaginal, anal, or oral sex.
Keep male condoms in a cool, dry place. Don't keep them in your wallet or in your car! This can cause them to break or tear.
Check the wrapper for tears and for the expiration date, to make sure the condom is not too old to use. Carefully open the wrapper. Don't use your teeth or fingernails. Make sure the condom looks okay to use. Don't use a condom that's gummy, brittle, discolored, or has even a tiny hole.
Put on the condom as soon as the penis is erect, but before it touches the vagina, mouth, or anus.
Use lubricants only made with water, such as K-Y jelly. Oil-based lubricants, such as Vaseline, can weaken the condom. The lubricant is put on the outside of the condom. It helps to keep the condom from tearing. Don't use lubricants with the spermicide N-9, which might make it easier for HIV to get into your body.
After sex, pull out the penis while it is still erect, holding the condom firmly at the base of the penis so it does not slip off.
Use a new condom if you want to have sex again or in a different way. Do not wash and re-use condoms — they are for one-time use!
The female condom, known as the FC2, is made of a rubber-like substance that is not latex. This condom is made for vaginal sex only. FC2 has a ring on each end. The inside ring holds the condom in place inside the vagina. The outer ring stays outside the vagina so it covers the labia. Some research suggests that the female condom is effective at preventing HIV. It is not yet known whether it is as effective as the male condom. The male condom is still considered best for preventing HIV. Use female condoms for vaginal sex if your partner won't use a male condom. Remember: Don't use a male condom and a female condom at the same time. They could break.
Check the wrapper for tears and to make sure the condom is not too old to use. Open the wrapper carefully. Don't use your teeth or fingernails. Make sure the condom looks OK to use. The condom will be moist and may be slippery.
Put the condom into the vagina up to eight hours before having sex, but before the penis touches the vagina. The condom cannot disappear inside your body.
To insert the FC2, squeeze the inner ring with the thumb and middle finger and insert it into the vagina like a tampon. Then, use the index finger to push the inner ring as far up as it will go, without twisting the condom. There should be about an inch of condom outside your vagina to allow for the condom to expand during sex.
FC2 comes pre-lubricated. But it is okay to use water or oil-based lubricants too. The lubricant is put on the inside and outside of the condom.
During sex, make sure the outer ring of the FC2 isn't pushed into the vagina.
After sex, hold the condom in place while your partner withdraws his penis. Remove the condom before standing up. Grasp the outside ring and twist the condom to trap in fluid and gently remove. Or, you can hold the condom tight around your partner's penis and he can pull out his penis and the condom at the same time, being careful not to spill any fluid out of the condom.
Use a new condom if you want to have sex again.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.