Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renuka MalikYour feedback matters!
The problem with my wife's vagina is odour. After foreplay some liquid comes out which smell very bad. Could you please tell me what is that and how to treat and what kind of infection is that? these days my penis is also smell like my wife's vagina. On my penis's glance something like a white past use to appear and it smell very bad. Please help. And these days my penis doesn't erect properly like before. I want my penis to be very strong and hard. But it is soft, I am worried about these things, please help me. Waiting for your response impatiently.
I had a pill only on a doubt after having sex on next day after my periods and now after five days I have pain in lower abdomen and also a lot of continuous bleeding from vagina I had changed about 10 pads since last one day please suggest me some medicine to get rid of itt.
I had sex with my girlfriend and it seems she is pregnant. How can be this pregnancy avoided. Without any hard procedure. Can it be avoided with pills only. Please sir give me advice.
Hello, I have one small doubt. That is how we can avoid pregnancy after sex? And which tablets will work?
I have an protected sex this month. But she is vomiting. And her periods date is 29. Does she pregnant. Tell me one thing more that after how many days preganews work. After having sex.
Laughter is the best medicine, they say. Apart from making you happy and thawing a potentially anxiety ridden atmosphere, laughter can also promote good health. A deep rooted laughter session once in a while can actually rejuvenate you and give you a dose of health.
If this surprises you, then you need to read the rest of this article to find out how a bout of stress free laughter can help you in the health department. Read on to know more!
- Blood Pressure: Laughing can helping in keeping your blood pressure low, as per various medical studies. This can potentially reduce the risk of falling prey to heart attacks and strokes. The blood pressure will genuinely come down when you laugh heartily, which is especially helpful in situations for patients of hypertension so as to bring down the stress levels.
- Immunity: Did you know that the immune system of the body can get affected by the stress hormone levels? When your brain brings on signals that hint at stress and anxiety, laughter can also help in bringing down the stress levels simply by sharing a joke and laughing about a funny episode with someone close to you. This also gives a boost to the body's immune system. Also, when you laugh really hard, the T cells of the body get activated, which is how the immunity gets a boost so that the next time you are about to catch a cold or flu, the immunity takes over naturally.
- Cardiac Health: Laughter is great for the cardiac health because it helps the heart pump and burns the same number of calories that one would during a long walk. It is a great cardio workout that is ideal for people who are bed ridden due to illness or injury.
- Abs: A long and heartfelt laughter session can actually work your abs as it helps the inactive muscles of the area in contracting and relaxing. This is similar to a moderate work out for the abs. So getting a toned tummy can actually be as easy as having a good laugh.
- Endorphins: The body's natural pain killers reside in the Endorphin hormone. So have a good laugh and release these hormones as a natural side effect of laughing hard. This can help in reliving chronic pain as well.
The best part about laughter is that it generally increases the feel good factor inside you and helps you achieve a more relaxed mind and body where the immunity, heart health and general wellbeing are taken care of. So laugh your way to good health and get a well-functioning immune system with a well-toned body as well.
My wife is not open in sexual activities. She is very shy how can I motivate her so that we can enjoy our married life.
Hi, I am 32 years old and pregnant by 14 weeks. I am the patient of migraine and suffering from severe migraine for last 2 months. It gets over for a day or half after every 10-15 days but then again come back on the very next day. My gynecologist has only suggested me to have crocin advance in this condition. Can someone help me to get the medicine which can be taken while pregnancy in migraine. Also I have the case if low lying placenta and have allergic to BRUFEN salts.
Me and my partner had unprotected sex 17 days ago. Now we are worried as she missed her periods by 2-3 days. She didn't take any kind of contraceptives. Need help?
I have little dark blood clots with the bleeding during menstrual cycle. Is it a major problem for conceiving?
My wife period twice in a month but after 12 oct, her period start on 26 nov she dose not take any medicine because doctor told that it may be stop because her age is 48 years.
Dear doctor: Having 28-day menstrual cycle. Last period started on October 2, 2016 and lasted until October 5, 2016. Now, seen a little bleeding today morning (October 13, 2016, one week after the menstrual period). We are newly married (marriage date sep 4), trying to get pregnant and having daily intercourse. What might be the cause for bleeding and what is the possible time to get pregnant? Thank you.
Piles or Hemorrhoids has become a common problem now a days. It may be due to our changed lifestyles like reduced physical activity, irregular food intake and consumption of fast food etc. These factors lead to disturbance in digestive system leading to constipation. Due to which the person has to put extra strain while passing stool leading to pulling of blood in veins and subsequent engorgement in the form of pile masses. Thus we see the Piles are nothing but engorged blood vessels in the anal canal.
Piles are commonly known as बवासीर in the society and is considered as social stigma. Due to lack of knowledge and social inhibition; people do not discuss this problem openly and are subsequently misguided by quacks like benagli treatment, madrasi treatment, Chandsi treatment etc. etc.
Anal region being a very sensitive part; the pt. usually avoids any type of surgical intervention in this area and they are looking for some alternative to surgery. We at Sushruta Anorectal Institute, are constantly trying to manage Piles in all its stages preferably without surgery or with minimal surgical intervention.
Depending upon the presentation the hemorrhoids (Piles) are grossly divided in two categories-
1. External Piles
As the name indicates; these are the pile masses which are present outside the anal orifice. They do not bleed but when large in size; may put some obstruction to the passage of stools. Some times patient complains of itching in these masses. When inflamed they become painful and swollen. They are removed by minimal surgical procedure with ligation of Ksharsutra at the root. This is an OPD procedure and patient can go home after 1 hour rest.
2. Internal Piles
There are three stages of Internal pile. In first stage; patient complains of painless bleeding. At this stage; doctor finds presence of internal pile masses on proctoscopy. In the second stage, the pile masses start protruding out while passing stool. Initially they get reduced by itself but in advanced stage; patients need to reduce these manually. In the third stage; the internal pile mass comes out not only at the time of passing stool but also while walking and sitting.
Treatment for Piles
The first stage internal piles are treated by Kshar Karma and oral medication. Second stage piles are treated successfully by combining Kshar Karma and sclerotherapy. If the pile masses are big enough then they are ligated by Ksharsutra. In the third stage also Ksharsutra ligation is done at the base of Pile mass which drops out in 5-7 days. This way the internal hemorrhoids can be successfully treated without surgery without hospitalization in all its stages.
Dos and Don'ts
The patient suffering from piles should:
- Increase consumption of fibrous food
- Increase intake of fluid/ butter milk
- Exercise regularly
- Always try to reduce the pile masses by applying pressure with fingers so that they remain inside the rectum
- Should not Spend more than 10 minutes for passing stool
- Should not Strain too much while passing stool
- Should not Consume fast food, spicy and oily food
I and my wife got married 1 month back on 12th october. She had her periods on 9th of october. She took some medicine to prepare periods last month. So I wanted to ask that she dint get any periods this month yet and we had used protection every time. We checked for pregnancy test also it was negative. So I asked to know that why the periods dint came yet which was supposed to scheduled on 9th november?
My 13 yrs daughter had first periods on 4th dec. 2014. The periods last for more than 5 days i. E. 8-10 days. The time gap between period is less than normal. It is decreasing. Last time the gap between end of previous periods and start of next period was only 6 days. The periods lasted for around 10-11 days and next time for 5 days. Other complications are - loss of appetite, weight reduce, tiredness and lethargy, irritation etc. Two doctors did not recommended treatment while another doctor has prescribed 21 days medicine course and calcuim syrup. My question is whether the advice of the last doctor is ok. Your advice please.
Hi, I'm married 8 months before we are trying for our baby we are doing unprotected sex but still now I didn't get pregnancy can I know whats the reason and I want you to suggest me what I have to do for getting pregnancy.
Diabetes is one of the most common problems that are caused by obesity, unhealthy and inactive lifestyle. It is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to store and use energy from food. Being physically inactive and eating unhealthy food are primary causes of diabetes. It is a long term condition, which causes high or unstable blood sugar levels in the body.
When a patient suffers from low blood sugar it is called Hypoglycemia and if the blood sugar levels are too high, it is called Hyperglycemia. Both are extremely harmful for a patient.
Type 1 and Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes:
In Type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. The condition has no known cure and is usually hereditary in nature. Approximately 10% of those suffering from diabetes have Type 1 diabetes. Patients with Type 1 diabetes have to take regular medication, including insulin injections as well as take care of their diet.
Type 2 diabetes happens when the body does not produce enough insulin for its proper functioning. 90% of all diabetic people suffer from Type 2 diabetes. It is usually caused by poor lifestyle choices, like physical inactivity and unhealthy food habits. The disease lasts a lifetime and is usually progressive in nature, but can be managed by taking regular medication, choosing an active lifestyle and maintaining proper body weight.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. This has to be managed by taking medication or in extreme cases insulin shots. If undetected or untreated, gestational diabetes increases complications during childbirth, and causes unusual weight gain in the baby. However, gestational diabetes usually ends after the baby is born and women can go back to their normal lifestyle and eating habits post delivery.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger or thirst
- Weight loss
- Problems with vision
- Tingling or numbness of the extremities.
- Unexplained fatigue
- Dry skin
- Cuts or sores that heal slowly
- High number of infections
Who is at greatest risk for developing diabetes?
- are 45 or over
- are overweight
- are habitually physically inactive
- have previously been identified as having IFG (impaired fasting glucose) or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance)
- have a family history of diabetes
- are members of certain ethnic groups (including Asian American, African American, Hispanic American, and Native American)
- have had gestational diabetes or have given birth to a child weighing more than 9 pounds
- have elevated blood pressure
- have an HDL cholesterol level (the good cholesterol) below 35 mg/dl and/or a triglyceride level above 250 mg/dl
- have polycystic ovary syndrome
- have a history of vascular disease
What is pre-diabetes?
Pre-diabetes is a condition of elevated blood glucose level that has not yet reached a diabetic level. Along with insulin resistance, pre-diabetes causes no symptoms. An individual may be pre-diabetic for years without knowing it. Pre-diabetes increases your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Weight loss and exercise may halt the onset of diabetes from pre-diabetes by returning blood glucose levels to a normal range.