Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renuka ChhabraYour feedback matters!
Impetigo is a disorder caused by bacterial infection resulting in sores and blisters. It usually occurs more in children and less in adults. It is characterized by red sores filled with fluid, along with yellowish brown crusts. It is contagious in nature and may spread via sharing sheets, clothing and towels.
Impetigo may be classified as:
- Bullous impetigo: This type usually occurs in children below two years of age. The body, arms and the legs are the areas where the symptoms first appear.
- Impetigo contagiosa:This form of impetigo usually appears near the mouth and the nose. The rashes are not usually painful but may be itchy. After the blisters burst, they leave red rashes.
- Ecthyma: This is a form of impetigo that affects the second layer of the skin. The blisters may turn into open sores or ulcers. It may also lead to swollen lymph nodes.
The symptoms of impetigo are:
- You may have small red spots that turn to blisters
- The blisters emit fluid
- The blisters may increase in number
In addition to the above symptoms, you may experience swollen lymph nodes and skin lesions.
This disease is caused by strep or staph bacteria. The bacteria enter the body through other skin conditions such as insect bites, eczema, burns and poison ivy. It may also be triggered by irritation of the skin. The likelihood of contracting impetigo increases if you have allergies.
It may also occur if you come in contact with an affected person. Sharing personal items such as bedding, towels or comb may lead to symptoms of impetigo. If you have dermatitis, diabetes or have a weak immune system then you are prone to impetigo. The disease is treated with antibiotics. Mild symptoms of impetigo may be treated by following basic hygiene practices.
Can you tell me medicine to delay my periods for 2-3 days but without any side effects. And from when I should take it. Period cycle is 29-30 days. Patient is a mother and younger baby is 1 year old.
Hello! Main saat saal sa femilon tablet larahi ho. Mai 35 saal ki ho meri shaadi ho kar 13th saal huwa kya femilon mera liya safe hai kya.
I am a Female and currently Pregnant. As per my last Period date the Pregnancy shows 31 weeks but as per the Last Doppler Test it shows 33 weeks. Is there anything to worry about? Moreover the Doctors are suggesting Operation as per my Period date which will be around the first week of November. One more question on the Doppler test it states that there is a single cord around the neck and breech pregnancy. What does that mean?
Greetings doctors I am 36 wks pregnant now doctor said cervix is dilated 1 finger .She gave cyclopam pain killer for cramps .In scanning cephalic position is mentioned .i am not feeling good to use pain killer because it may stop labour pains .And they said baby has chance to grow still in womb so we will stop till 2 weeks is it really possible is it good to take painkillers at this moment and postpone my delivery. Kindly suggest I am mentally fixed for normal delivery and I am not ready to take any pain killers I can bare this cramps. Please help me.
I am 22 years and I have not got periods for one and half month and once after becoming after 45 days the flow will be more kindly suggest the tablet.
I have spotting one week before period due date and had pregnancy symptoms but today I got my period. What does it mean?
I want to prepone my periods? I went to the medical shop they suggest me haem up gems n told me this will make your period come faster.
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.