Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Renu Tanwar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renu TanwarYour feedback matters!
I am on medication montair LC and foracort 200 autohaler since 3 years. Nw m pregnant. My doctor recommend me to stop this medicine. And nw m in big trouble and the main problem is difficulty in breathing. please advice me.
Sir, am 27 year old Feb 2015 I got married. When iam doing sex with my sex she gets stomach pain. Any one can help me regarding this issue.
Hi doc I'm 17 years old nd of 4.5 months pregnant advice me how to take care and pls help me how to do gender test at home?
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be:
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir I was pregnant three years ago on sex with boyfriend but now I am going to be married after two month so please suggest the method or any cream that can hide virginity or fool my husband bcoz I am very afraid. So please guide me to hide virginity. Please sir.
I am virgin. I never had penetrative sex before. Last month my bf rubbed his penis in vulva for couple of mens and it was dry but he ejaculated 10 mins before the incident. He is not sure either. I have 30 days mensuration cycle and have never missed periods. I am missed 1 week periods now. I also took urine test and it ve-. Am I pregnant? Please help me.
Most of us get to know about sex from chatting with friends, sex education, and the internet or television. Despite plenty of information, there are quite a few myths associated with sex. To throw some light on the most prevalent and popular sex myths here is the truth about the top 10 sex myths:
- The size of a man’s feet mirrors that of his genitals: Many people think that it is possible to guess the size of a man’s penis by looking at his palms or feet. But the truth is that there is no evidence suggesting that men with bigger feet have bigger genitals.
- Men’s sex hormones peak at 18: Though it is true that men’s sex hormones peak at 18, it has no direct influence on one’s personal relationship. The desire for sex fluctuates constantly and it depends on many factors other than age.
- Sex aids in weight loss: Though it may sound feasible, in order to lose weight, you will have to have sex for an extended span of time and with much vigour. In reality, sex is considered to be a mild physical activity and any intense sexual activity lasts for just about 5 minutes.
- Men think of sex every 7 seconds: It is true that men think about sex more than women do. Younger men, however, think about sex a little more than older men. But that doesn’t mean that men think about sex as much as every 7 seconds and it is just an exaggeration.
- Semen is a low-carb edible: The reality is that semen mostly contains fruit sugar and essential enzymes. It is not a low-carb diet and therefore, oral sex is not suggested for those wanting to lose weight.
- Masturbation can lead to the most satisfying orgasm: Though this may be true for some people, most people say nothing can be more satisfying than having sex. It is entirely dependent on the individual and there is no hard and fast rule concerning it.
- Oysters make one crave sex: There is no food that can make you horny! Though some people get excited about having chocolates or other food, there is no scientific evidence that says oysters can boost sex drive.
- Cutting out broccoli from the diet can improve semen taste: The taste of semen is bitter naturally and eating anything bitter such as broccoli, sour gourd or even coffee can make the taste worse.
- Having sex before a crucial event can ruin the performance: Swiss researchers suggest that having sexual intercourse before an important event has no adverse effect on one’s performance provided the body gets enough time to recover.
- Having sex in water can kill sperm: There is no reason to think that having sex in a shower or swimming pool can spare you from using a condom.
With this new information about sex, you can make informed decisions about your pleasure from now on.
I got my periods normal after i pill and i tooked home pregnancy test it shows me ( NEGATIVE) But before test i was suffering from low blood pressure for 3 days and my family physician tooked me for cyline 3 days and some medications also . After tht i tooked home pregnancy test which shows me result ( negative). I just want to confirm tht (NEGATIVE ) Result is from i-pill which prevents my unwanted pregnancy or bucz of cyline nd medications . Plz help me for this wht i do .Do i need to take home pregnancy test again awhat .Or no need to have hpt .Plz help
Folic acid is an important form of vitamin B which women must take during pregnancy. It is a form of man-made vitamin B known as folate. Folate plays a significant role in producing red blood cells and helps in the development of your baby’s neural tube into the brain and spinal cord, preventing any kind of birth defects in your baby. Birth defects of the brain or spinal cord may occur in early stages of pregnancy. Therefore, by the time a woman discovers her pregnancy, it may become too late to prevent the defects.
How much folic acid should be taken?
A woman should start taking folic acid within the first three to four weeks of pregnancy, as birth defects may occur during this time. Women who start taking folic acid a year before getting pregnant produce healthy babies without birth defects.
400 mcg of folic acid is the recommended dose for all women who are of childbearing age and also in the first trimester of pregnancy. Multivitamins with the recommended amount of folate and folic acid supplements are generally prescribed as they help the mother deliver a healthy child. From the fourth to ninth month of pregnancy, the dose must be increased to 600 mcg.
Benefits of Folic Acid-
Without sufficient folic acid in your body, the neural tube of your developing baby may not close properly. This may lead to neural tube defects, which include:
Spina bifida, a condition where the spinal cord or vertebrae develop incompletely. A baby with spina bifida may be disabled permanently.
Anencephaly, a condition that features incomplete development of the brain. Babies affected with anencephaly do not live long.
Having a sufficient supply of folic acid prevents these neural defects from developing in your baby.
Taking folic acid before and during pregnancy protects your baby against many other conditions. They include:
Low weight during birth.
Chances of miscarriage.
Folic acid also reduces the risk of developing pregnancy complications in the mother such as heart diseases, stroke, several cancers and Alzheimer’s disease.
Folic acid is naturally found in dark-green vegetables, which you must consume in abundance. Other sources of folic acid include fortified breakfast cereals, beef liver, lentils, egg noodles and great northern beans. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.