Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Lahul & Spiti and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Renu MisraYour feedback matters!
Gaining lot of weight and even menstrual cycle is irregular. Last period was on 17th Jan 2016. There is also a lot of pain in foot and leg. Also whenever I stand or walk for long time I get pain in my stomach and it get swollen as well.
Hello i'm a lactating mother. Delivered baby just 3 months before Due to post pregnancy weight gain my tummy looks like i'm pregnant with 6 months What should I do but I don't have to time for exercises Does Any kind of drink help like nutrislim or anything else for weight lose please help and can not skip any meal. Just want lose weight specially inches around my waist.
Hi, I am 32 years old I have some irritation in my vagina its paining or smelled badly please suggest some good advise when I go washroom I also feel pain to pass urine too. And some time vagina is to dry. Pleas help.
How to avoid pregnancy after having sex She is feeding Baby still, and she didn't had periods till now.
I am 20 years old girl I do have acne problem from last 2-3 years. I took treatment too but after leaving medicine pimple started again. And my maturation cycle is also irregular. When periods get late or time comes near it get more. Please suggest some permanent treatment.
Monthly I have irregular periods, some times for continuous 3 or 4 months I am nt getting periods. What should I do?
Do you have Mood swings before periods?
It is possible that like millions of women worldwide, you could also be suffering from PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome.
PMS is diagnosed if a woman persistently (more than six months) seems to be suffering from a group of symptoms. Mood swings, irritability, feeling of loss of control, bloating, headaches, breast pain etc are part of the symptoms.
These symptoms appear a week or ten days before the onset of periods and subside when the menstrual bleeding starts. The first two weeks from the onset of periods are relatively easier and symptom-free.
7 tips to reduce your mood swings:
1) Well, the first thing to do is to tackle the situation head on rather than feeling helpless over the whole situation. Stop blaming other people in your life like your husband, brother, children or mother-in -law for your mood swings.
Accept that this situation happens to many other women like you and you are not alone.
2) Try practicing relaxation techniques like Meditation, Yoga, deep Breathing exercises and Pranayam. It helps you give greater insight, to calm down and reduce the extent of swings.
3) Chamomile tea and Supplements contain Evening Primrose oil which is available over the counter may help to soothe frayed nerves.
4) Eat a healthy diet and avoid high salt and sugar containing foods. Include fresh fruits and salads in your diet. Your diet should contain enough vitamin B,D, and calcium. If you are not sure about the diet, you could take supplements for a few days and see if it makes a difference.
5) Exercise regularly, even if it is for 20 min a day. Get outdoors and try to get the benefits of early morning sunshine.
6) Get enough sleep and listen to the signals your body sends you about fatigue and rest. Allow your body to rejuvenate and renew.
7)If nothing works and your mood swings threaten to upset your social or personal lifestyle, please consult your gynecologist who may want to prescribe pills to tackle the whole situation. Anti-anxiety drugs sometimes help to correct the balance of a chemical called serotonin.
I am a 26 year female. I want to get Non Hormonal IUD placed. May I know the price of IUD and the best one to be placed and any protocols to be followed for placement of IUD.
I am suffering from fever from last one year four months and twenty nine days, and I had heavy headache during this period, so please inform me what to do?
My wife have a baby of 2 month 11 day, after birth of baby she has a continue periods as usual after pregnancy, after periods stop of pregnancy she has a periods 1 month but in second month she has no periods so i'm very tensed that is she pregnant, I tested with pregnancy kit 3 times.
46f suffering from prolonged and heavy flow periods. Other than heavy there is no other complaint. Periods are regular Dark patches (brown) on nose ,below the back neck,
Hello Dr. Good morning .i have period problem. I am a newly married girl. I had intercourse with my hubby for the first tym on 29 th oct n then on 31 oct without any protection. I am not sure what happened during those two days .i have taken unwanted 72 on 4th noverm in noon .then on 5 we have done it with full protection. My before last period date was 13 and last months date was 8 now today is 13 of november .and still I do not get in periods I have checked trice from preganews. First on 5 then on 6th and then on 11th. All.tge results were negative .I m very worried. although I have taken papita n hot things as well to produce heat. Today I have done exercise also. Is prega is the right brand to test from. I am very worried please help me out.
I have thyroid and I am taking thyronorm 75 mcg current thyroid is 2.270. I am getting my periods 56 days. Now light spotting from 2 days. Hpt is negative. Is there a chance of pregnancy.
Homeopathy is scientific, logical, safe, quick and extremely effective method of healing. It offers long lasting to permanent cure, treating the disease from its roots, for most of the ailments. Homeopathy is one of the most rational sciences with respect to its concepts of health, disease and cure. Homeopathy does not treat superficially by just driving away the symptoms but heals the patient from within. Undoubtedly, homeopathy is the medicine of future.
- Homeopathic medicines act deeply to eradicate the disease completely
- No recurrence after the treatment is withdrawn
- Suitable for all age groups, children, teenagers, adults, and aged population
- Homeopathy treats the patient and not just his illness; therefore the patient feels good on all planes after the treatment
- Boosts immunity
- Many nasty diseases find permanent cure in homeopathy
- Most affordable treatment option
- Now available online; so you need not even step out to seek expert homeopathic prescription
Homoeopathy: Ideal for children
Most of the children ailments like Cold, Cough, Fever, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Dysentery, Colic, Tonsillitis, Bronchitis, Asthma, Measles, Chickenpox, Mumps, Dentition problems, etc., could be very effectively and quickly treated with homeopathy without producing any side effects whatsoever. Unlike antibiotics and other such medicines, homeopathic pills do not hamper digestion, or lower body’s resistance. Neither do they cause any allergies nor cause any damage even if taken over a long period.
Children, willingly ingest homeopathic pills being sweet in taste.Besides, homeopathy is effective also in temperament and behavioral problems seen commonly in children like irritability, obstinacy, temper-tantrums, fears, phobias, destructiveness; and thumb- sucking, nail biting, bed-wetting; as well as in mentally and physically backward children.
Homeopathy: Better substitute to Antibiotics…
Homeopathy has definite treatment for most of the infectious disease such as Sinusitis, Tonsillitis, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Meningitis, Otitis media (pus from ear), Gastroenteritis (vomiting-diarrhea), Dysentery, Urinary Infections, etc. Homeopathic remedies create healing by removing toxicity from the body, as opposed to suppression of symptoms by allopathic medicine.
The remedy creates balance in the body and the body responds by eliminating the negative energy that is causing the illness or symptom. Homeopathy encourages your immune system to do what it was designed to do–keep you healthy!
Homeopathy offers wonder treatment for Viral infections:
Viral infections such as common cold, influenza, measles, chickenpox, mumps, viral hepatitis (jaundice), viral meningitis etc. are very well treated with homeopathy Allopathic system has no curative treatment for viral diseases.
Homeopathy: Often avoids Surgery
Homeopathy is not against surgery. Surgery is an art and science by itself. There are number of diseases which are labeled as ‘surgical’, where homeopathy works curatively and can avoid surgery. Some such ailments are: Septic recurrent Tonsillitis, Piles, Fissure-in-ano, Fistula, Appendicitis (except gangrenous), Chronic ear discharge, Vocal cord nodules, Polyp in nose-ear, Kidney & Biliary (small) stones, small size Ut erine Fibroid, Ovarian Cysts, Warts, Corns, etc.
Homeopathy: Answer to Allergic diseases
In modern life infections have diminished and various allergic disorders have grown rampant. Homeopathy offers very effective treatment in all allergic diseases such as various skin diseases like Urticaria, Eczema, Contact Dermatitis.
Homeopathy: Excellent for Psychosomatic ailments
The psychosomatic disorders like Migraine, Asthma, Acidity, Peptic ulcer, Allergy, Ulcerative colitis, etc. are successfully treated with homeopathy.
Homeopathic Opinion: A must…
In this scientific era of health consciousness, the time has come that for the treatment of any disease, which does not respond to any particular line of treatment, one must take a homeopathic opinion immediately.
Homeopathy: Not a last Resort
To obtain the best results and full benefits of homeopathic science, one should resort to homeopathy in the early phase of sickness. Because of ignorance and lack of awareness in general public about the usefulness of homoeopathy in all kinds of diseases ranging from Cold to Cancer.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
My wife has irregular period time. She has never come this period on time. Sometimes it comes at one month, sometimes 40 days, sometimes 45 days. Please give suggestions. And tell about medicines, which are useful in this problem.
Pregnancy stretch marks
Stretch marks are narrow pink or purplish streak-like lines that can develop on the surface of the skin. They're also known as stria or striae. If you get them, they usually appear on your tummy, or sometimes on your upper thighs and breasts as your pregnancy progresses. The first sign you notice might be itchiness around an area where the skin is becoming thin and pink.
What causes stretch marks?
Stretch marks are very common in the general population and don't just affect pregnant women. They can happen whenever the skin is stretched. For example, when we're growing during puberty or when putting on or losing weight, but hormonal changes in pregnancy can affect your skin and make you more likely to get stretch marks.
Whether or not you get stretch marks depends on your skin type, as some people's skin is more elastic. After your baby is born, the marks should gradually fade and become less noticeable, but they won't go away completely.
Pregnancy weight gain
You are more likely to get stretch marks if your weight gain is more than average in pregnancy. Most women gain between 10kg and 12.5kg (22 and 28lb) in pregnancy, although weight gain varies a great deal from woman to woman.
Stretch marks are not harmful. They don't cause medical problems. Over time, your skin will shrink and the stretch marks will fade into white-coloured scars.
Preventing stretch marks
Some creams claim to remove stretch marks once they've appeared, but there is no reliable evidence that they work. There is also limited evidence about whether oils or creams help prevent stretch marks from appearing in the first place.
Prevent stretch marks during pregnancy to some extent-maintain a healthy lifestyle
Make your diet skin-nourishing
You've probably started eating a balanced diet to ensure that your baby gets enough nutrients and vitamins. While you are at it, incorporate foods that promote skin health and those that will improve the elasticity of your skin. This will help keep stretch marks from appearing. Incorporate these foods to your diet:
- Foods packed with antioxidants: as they will help protect and nourish your skin. They include vegetables and fruits
- Food that is rich in vitamin E: as it protects the cell membranes of your skin. Eat collard greens, broccoli, seeds and nuts.
- Foods rich in vitamin A: as they repair the tissues of your skin. Eat red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash and mango.
- Food that is rich in omega-3 and 6: as it will make your skin glow and keep the cell membranes healthy. Eat, eggs, walnuts, fish oil and fish.
Increase intake of liquids
Liquids help detoxify the body and also keep the cells of the skin plump, which in turn makes the skin healthy. Your skin will also be able to get back to normal from the stresses brought by stretch marks. Here are some liquid drinking habits you should practice:
Drinking eight glasses of water each day. If you are unable to ingest all at once, you can get a bottle of water that can carry all 8 glasses of water and drink the water in bits throughout the day.
Do low impact exercises
Exercise helps to retain your skin's elasticity by improving circulation. Additionally, you will be able to keep off those extra pounds.
Perform exercises for pregnant women. They include kegel exercises, stretches and all other simple movements.
Try low impact exercises and yoga. Pilates and yoga help you get rid of uncomfortable positions during pregnancy.
Pay attention to your weight
When you gain too much weight fast, you will have stretch marks. That is why you need to keep an eye on your weight. You can do so by:
- Avoiding overeating. Even though pregnant women are required to eat more calories than they were eating before, it does not mean that you eat twice as much.
- Keeping cravings at bay. When they do come, just have a little of whatever food you have cravings for and top it with a hefty serving of fruits. That way, you will have satisfied your cravings while watching your weight.
Apply natural oils
Natural oils moisturize and hydrate your skin. Apply natural oils on your lower back, legs, thighs, sides, belly and anywhere else.
Bio oil, shea butter, almond oil, wheat germ oil and cocoa butter are quite popular oils for moisturizing the skin of pregnant women. Pure lanolin is also wonderful.