Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renu ManchandaYour feedback matters!
Hello I am having severe menstrual cramps on first day of my period for maximum extent I bare it but suddenly when it becomes intolerant I take 1 tab meftal spas even though it does not set it last for about 3_4 hours I have pcod problem please give me some suggestion to cure it it shows me hell during examinations please.
Here are some causes and treatments of infertility
Hello I am Dr. Rita Bakshi a fertility consultant. To make a baby it required a male and a female . A male sperm and female egg. Its very easy to blame a female for not having a baby but really speaking 50% of the cause lies with the male Or the sperm.
Today I would like to tell you that male that means the sperm produced in the factory called the testis they carry through the tubes and then they come out and ejaculate. Now the problem can be in factory itself that means there are no sperm being made it could be in the tubes that means obstructive where you know tubes are blocked and sperms are being produced but they are not coming out in ejaculate or the problem could be in the structure or the function of the sperm. That means the numbers and the motility its very common you know we have seen patients from Afghanistan, Iraq who are and if you see the number of sperm they have a very few or none it does not appear. Otherwise but single one sperm test done three days of abstinence when the male does not had any ejaculation for three days if he gives us sperm sample its very easy to see the number the motility the fallacy of the sperm weather to see its normally or not now people with obstructive so you know if you there is an obstruction and the sperm production is normal.
Then we either open the tube, the carrying tube or we can take out the sperm directly from testis by putting a needle and then doing an IVF procedure. I really like to give hope to all the males who are carrying this guilt of not having a baby because of the problem with them. But today it is possible, it is very much possible to have a baby of your own by the process of IVF, XE, IMC and carry your own genetic material forward. Of course lifestyle modifications like you know controlling alcohol controlling smoking drugs going for exercise you know keeping the diabetes under control not taking you know. People are taking a lot of strain so they have an ejaculation problem or they have impotence.
So all these causes can be easily dealt with in the process of IVF. it really doesn't matter because of you are able to give sperms or we are able to take out the sperm from testis sperm do. The process of IVF XE and give you your own baby now. That is so important so male do not lose hope their is so much hope in the proved of IVF XE. Keeping a good lifestyle is very important please maybe you don't realise that smoking has a huge territial effect on activity of the sperm. Taking lot if antioxidant is very important so keep a good lifestyle go to the Doctor there is enough health going for the procedure which can give you your own baby so. My motto in life is to have at least one child per couple.
OCPC is what I really believe in and for that I would like all of you who would like to contact me I am available at Lybrate. I am also available on my consult me online.
Sir I was using medicines for postponing my periods last month. Than I had it, I had sex on second day of my period since then periods have stopped its been around 35 days. Can you tell me what can be the problem.
I am 24 year girl but in my body there is no hormonal growth so can you suggest me what I have to do when I take medicine I become healthy otherwise I am thin.
Hi I am a 22 year old girl. I had sex with my partner five days ago and the condom failed in between , the next morning (within 12 hrs) I took the ipill (morning after pill) , but it shown no side effects to me . I am now tensed that I might get pregnant. My period date is 25th august and I had sex on 15th august. How can I be sure. Please help me !
I am a 26 year old female, I got my last periods on 27.03. 16 and I took my UPT on 8.5. 16 when I dint get my periods and it was positive, everything was going good till today when my doctor did my TVS and couldn't find any heartbeat, she said baby is visible but their is no heartbeat and prescribed me course of injections for a week, I am worried please help and can you temme m how many weeks pregnant?
Hi madam or sir. I am now 4 months pregnant which food I eat. I am suffering from headache too much. My doctor suggested me paracetamol tablet. When I feel so much migraine headache I took paracetamol tablet. But any side effects that tablet. I want my healthy baby. Please tell me.
Hello I am 28 years female I have a copper t IUD inserted in 2013, the problem is I forgot about the date of expiry will there be any problem if it's still in the ureters even after expiry.
Gist of rujuta divekar's talk today organised by borivali medical brotherhood:
1. Throw out your weighing scale cause it is not a reflection of how healthy you are.
2. Bmi is not an accurate representation as each of us is different. Instead two new terms have come into play- tofi and foti (thin outside and fat inside and vice versa) means you are unhealthy even if you look thin on the outside.
3. New research is showing that cholesterol is not directly the cause of heart disease.
4. Eat 4-5tsps of ghee everyday. It is good for the gut bacteria and will actually help in reducing abdomen fat.
5. Bring back rice on your plate. Not brown not white but handpounded. Eat rice at night too if you have grown up eating it. Leave the quinoa to the south americans
6. Stop looking at food as carbs, protein &amp; fat. Instead look at it from farmer, trader, consumer point of view. So eat what takes the least time to come to you - eat local!
7. All fruit is the same. All have fructose- again eat local grown seasonal fruit.
8. Bananas are good for you.
9. Eat before you drink alcohol - eat early, drink early.
10. Weight loss industry has somehow managed to get everyone to believe that what tastes yuck is healthy and good for you. Don't equate healthy with yucky tasting food.
11. Keep moving. For every half hour you sit, move at least 3mins.
12.150mins of exercise a week is mandatory.
14. Weight bearing exercise is what one should be doing to keep bones strong and for stronger muscles.
15. Oil your hair once a week, rub ghee on your feet and drink plenty of water to alleviate bloating.
16. Salt is not bad for you. Don't go salt free. Use rock salt.
17. Sugar is also not bad for you provided you eat it the right way. Indian sweets are better than your pastries and brownies etc.
18. Work on strengthening your legs.
19. Don't believe that drinking green tea will make you lose weight. A myth that google and weight loss industry has promoted just because chinese are thin.
20. Red meat is absolutely fine as long as you watch the quantity.
21. Latest research is linking wine to breast cancer
22. Eat so much that when you get up from the table, you should feel light.
23. Don't count calories
25. Make lifestyle changes and don't follow fad diets which rob your body of essential vitamins and minerals)
Hi Doctor, I am 29 year old and currently having heavy bleeding like periods but my last date was 20 july, so please advise what to do now. I have a 5 month old baby.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the condition when a woman's sex hormone levels get imbalanced. This can cause women to have irregular periods and may also have an impact on their fertility. Women suffering from PCOS also tend to grow small cysts in their ovaries which can also lead to severe health problems like diabetes and heart disease, if left untreated.
What causes PCOS?
The exact cause of PCOS is not known. However, the condition may be triggered by hormonal imbalances and genetic factors. Women are more susceptible to developing this condition if their mother or a female family member also has the condition. Excessive production of androgen, which is a male sex hormone, may also lead to this condition. Women suffering from PCOS tend to have high levels of androgen. The formation of eggs and their release during ovulation can be delayed by high levels of androgen. High androgen levels may result from excess insulin present in the blood. Poor lifestyle and irregular eating habits contribute to obesity which intern leads to increased insulin resistance and hence delayed ovulation and irregular cycles leading to infertility.
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
The type of symptom in case of PCOS varies from person to person. Since PCOS is characterized by low levels of sex hormones, this condition may lead to symptoms such as:
- Excessive hair growth on stomach, face, chest, toes and thumbs
- The breast size starts to shrink
- There is a change in voice, making it deeper
- There is excessive loss of hair from your scalp
- Sometimes the face is filled with acne and the skin turns oily
- There are fertility problems like having trouble in ovulating or recurring miscarriages
- Frequent depression or mood swings
- Facing breathings problems while sleeping
On examination, findings in women with PCOS may include the following:
- Virilizing signs
- Acanthosis nigricans
- Enlarged ovaries: May or may not be present; evaluate for an ovarian mass
Lifestyle modifications are considered first-line treatment for women with PCOS. Such changes include the following:
Pharmacologic treatments are reserved for so-called metabolic derangements, such as anovulation, hirsutism, and menstrual irregularities. First-line medical therapy usually consists of an oral contraceptive to induce regular menses.
If symptoms such as hirsutism are not sufficiently alleviated, an androgen-blocking agent may be added. First-line treatment for ovulation induction when fertility is desired are letrozole or clomiphene citrate. [2, 3, 5]
Surgical management of PCOS is aimed mainly at restoring ovulation. Various laparoscopic methods include the following: