Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RenuYour feedback matters!
Sir, My wifes breasts are ejecting milk. Though she is not pregnant. Its a white liquid from 1 year. Will there be any problem?
I have got delayed in period usually all the time. please tell me how can i get it in regular intervals?
Hi sir I am 22 years old I am doing sex with a married women without any protection she do not have any health issue and she is also doing with her husband also does it leads to aids if I continue sex with her with out any protection.
I deliver baby by cesarean 9 months ego. But my tummy did not got shape I am still looks like 9 months pregnant lady. I started walking morning evening daily but no effect. I am working women dont have so much time but desperately want to reduce tummy fat please suggest.
I am having some rex, brown vaginal discharge after 7 days of my periods, it continues from 4 days not stopping. I had sex with my partner on 4th day of my periods. Tell me what is this. Help me pls.
Hii doctors m 20 n I had 2 ectopic one was 9 months before and second 2 months before Both removed with an open surgery Doctor suggested me to take Tab-LOETTE till I dnt want to get pregnant But please suggest that is it safe. Or it will be harmful fr me in future (like further pregnancies)? Please help me out and give me a full detailed info And if its not safe then PLZZZ SUGGEST ME THE BEST.
I have suffer in nose bleeding. It's clear at to take a tablet period only. Just I want immediate relief. So give your valuable suggestion.
I am 38 years old, I am Diabetic and thyroid level is high Trying to conceive for past three years Will IVF help me.
Last day he and his girl friend did oral Sex. And he erect semen into her side of a triangular part on vagina. Not over there, and within in five minutes she wash her that part using water. And now she is Virgin only, but the problem is now they having some doubt that, is there any chance to get pregnant? Hers last period was Feb 24 th and this happened in 25 th March. And she having also late period. Any chance for pregnant? Please reply.
I have felt one of my breast has swollen & without pain is it a symbol of cancer. My weight is not getting increase.
I have hormonal disorders so I take aldactone n decadrone and tell is it good to take it for long time.
One of the most debilitating psychological conditions is Anorexia Nervosa, an eating disorder which is also the leading reasons of psychological deaths. This eating disorder is characterized by intense fear of gaining weight or body dysmorphia, where an individual believes that they are severely overweight or obese even when they are healthy. It results in obsession with becoming dangerously thin. The condition has several signs, including less than normal weight, obsession with constantly monitoring food and intake of calories, negative body image, extreme exercise and phobia of eating foods that may make one fat.
Some of the symptoms of anorexia nervosa include significant weight loss due to restricted food intake, distorted body image, constipation and yellowish skin, dental decay, hyperactivity and sleep difficulties, weight obsession, fine downy hair on face and arms, frequent problems with digestion, mood swings and anxiety, preoccupation with food and menstrual irregularities. Anorexia usually is a result of physical, emotional and social triggers.
Some of the causes are mentioned below.
1. Extreme dieting : Dieting affects the way your brain and metabolism work. Women who diet to the extreme tend to gain weight back and go on the diet cycle again. This cycle results in stresses on the body and leads to development of eating disorders.
2. Runs in family : People with eating disorder like anorexia are likelier to have family history of the disorder, obesity or other mood disorders.
3. Lower self-esteem : Low self-confidence and negative body image perpetuated by the medical one of the main causes of growing number of eating disorders.
4. Emotional imbalance: Perfectionist and certain personality characteristics. Women who are emotionally restrained are more likely to develop the condition.
5. Obsession : To have feelings of obsession/compulsion (even when it isn’t clinically diagnosed OCD).
6. Biological factors: Puberty and pressures or stresses at school including bullying, other biological factors and malnutrition.
7. Certain life events: Stressful life event such as breakdown of a relationship, physical abuse, death in the family
If you suspect that you or someone you know has anorexia, ensure that you refer them to a psychologist. Anorexia can be life-threatening over the years and needs instant support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi doctor, I'm 27 years old female. I'm trying to get pregnant since 6 months. I have regular cycle of 26 days. These time I did not get my period. On day 30 I had pregnancy strip test at home. It was negative. Still I did not get my period.. Should I consult doctor. Or should I wait until next period.
I never had sex with anyone, last week my bf tried touching his penis to my vulva and he ejaculated, and I missed my periods, does it mean I am pregnant?
I'm 5 weeks pregnant And I have mild abdomen pain for 2 sec And I have White discharge Is this a problem or normal?
A dietary pill in simple words is a supplement which contains chemical substances and nutrients that help your body in some way or the other. A dietary pill can efficiently act as a substitute for other food products and can also provide a sustainable balance to your routine nutrient intake of the body.
Here are some of the benefits of diet pills which you should know about:
1. Improved metabolism - The most important characteristic of a diet pill is that it helps in increasing the metabolism of the body which in turn results in losing fat rapidly.
2. Lowers the acid-alkali levels - Overweight and obese people are more likely to have unbalanced levels of acid and alkali. Thus, taking diet pills would not only help in reducing weight but also getting rid of the excess acid.
3. Lowers your appetite - Consuming diet pills help in suppressing your hunger. It makes you feel full. Therefore, you can avoid consumption of extra food when you don't need to eat.
4. Breaks down fat - Taking FDA-approved diet pills would help in getting rid of fat in a much easier and faster way. In such a case, you won't require going to the gym anymore.
5. Boosts energy levels - Taking diet pills help in increasing your energy. It makes your everyday tasks and chores much easier and quicker. It reduces depression and increases physical activities, which in turn helps in reducing weight.
6. Improves cardiovascular health - Your cardiovascular health depends on your weight. If you are obese or over-weight, you have high chances of suffering from a heart attack. Therefore, taking diet pills would indirectly improve your cardiovascular health because loss of weight would mean reduced pressure on the heart to pump more blood.
The most devastating period for any pregnant women is a miscarriage. This normally happens because of genetic abnormality noticed in the fetus caused due to tripling of a chromosome. This is also called ‘spontaneous abortion’ because the body rejects the random genetic abnormality. Apart from this, there are many other reasons for miscarriage namely blood clotting, deshaped uterus, uterine fibroids, unhealthy cervix and so on. Now, this could lead you to the next question - What can we do to prevent miscarriage?
Time to meet the gynaecologist:
When there is tripling of chromosomes or genetic mismatch, the body actually rejects the fetus, thereby preventing birth of an unhealthy baby. But, if the miscarriage repeats several times, then you have to meet your gynaecologist for further tests and appropriate medical intervention.
Symptoms of miscarriage:
In the normal course, when miscarriage occurs, the women would experience back pain or vaginal bleeding or blood in the vaginal mucus or cramping or abdominal pain. Ironically, sometimes the miscarriage may happen without any of these symptoms. It would get noticed only during routine scanning. However, in the normal course, the chance of a miscarriage is highest before the 12th week. But if miscarriage happens after the 12th week and before the 24th week, then it is called spontaneous abortion. Thereafter, it is known as a ‘still born’ baby.
However, there are some steps that can help women prevent a miscarriage. These steps are briefly explained here.
- Nicotine retards growth of fetus and it is for this reason the couple should shun smoking, months before they plan pregnancy. This change in lifestyle has remarkable effects in preventing miscarriage. Similarly, caffeine can also be the cause of miscarriage. Therefore, women should regulate their intake of coffee as per the advice given by the gynaecologist.
- Women suffering from chronic ailments like lupus, problems with thyroid, epilepsy and such other ailments are prone to a miscarriage. Similarly, it is also advisable that women should get tested for STD/HIV because these ailments can cause a miscarriage. Women suffering from such ailments should be under constant medical care.
- In addition to these, the women should take food rich in vitamins, proteins, Omega-3 and fibres. Further, they should also do physical exercises as per the instructions given by the gynaecologist. One should drink enough water so as to keep oneself sufficiently hydrated. Women must practice meditation, which helps in reducing stress.
The causes of a miscarriage are many; women should discuss about the issues relating to a miscarriage with a gynecologist. This helps them take appropriate preventive steps against this unwanted situation.