Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RenuYour feedback matters!
Main three months pregnent hu. Pls mujhe bataye ki kaun kaun si stages mein kya kya hota hai .kya kya krna chahiye.
Hi. I got married 2 months before n I feel quite pain full during the intercourse n some times my vagina starts burning and I no more enjoy it. But from past 3-4 days I am noticing some kinda discharged which on my under wear looks light green in colour and it's itchy and burning even though from past three days I didn't have sex. It's vry painful. M worried coz yesterday when we had sex my husband felt some white small patchy substance on his penis.
Dr. SM 24 old female. Trying for baby married about one & half year my all reports are normal hubby (35 old) reports are also normal, Dr. Giving treatment fertomid tablet 2 tablet at night and folic acid 1 tab @morning. My weight is 69 Dr. Told me loose your wait. How to lose weight is it cause to my pregnancy and me give me any medicine for weight loss please please please Dr.
I am 29 year old female. Till now I never felt that orgasm during sex. And the semen fluid is oozing out completely from the vagina and I haven't conceived yet. Its been 6 months to my marriage.
I am 29 week pregnant just got diagnosed to diabetes, is it save for baby growth n should I avoid eating sweets. Please just food to be taken in or avoided during pregnancy with diabetes. Regards Rashmi.
I am 23 years old female. I had sex with my boyfriend on december without any protection. I took unwanted 72 tablet within 2 hours. Is this harmful to me in future? Is there any chance of pregnancy?
My wife's have last period is 16th March. We have doing unprotected sex on 19th March and after that she take I pill on that day. On 26th March her period is start for one day. On 30th March again her period start for the half day. Her period didn't start. Today she will check her pregnancy with prega news and result is negative and we have again unprotected sex today. Is there any chance to pregnant? Can she use again I pill? When she get her period?
As much as you would like, an ice cream can't help you cool down in the scorching heat of this summer. Although one may argue that one feels just fine after an ice cream, the truth is that it's only temporary. Cooling foods are what you should have as they help to cool heat and cleanse toxins from the body.
Here are some of the foods that help cool down your body naturally:
- Cucumber - Not surprisingly, being 'cool as a cucumber' actually holds true. Cucumbers are fruits that help keep the body hydrated. Keeping your body cool during hot days is vital to your health as it can help prevent a number of complications such as heat strokes and dehydration. Munching on cucumber slices and hummus is a good way to beat the heat and stay cool.
- Watermelon - This quintessential beach fruit is yet another one which would help you beat the heat. This seasonal fruit acts like an internal air-conditioner, and is rich in water, helping in reducing body heat to a large extent while keeping you hydrated.
- Peaches - Peaches are not only delicious but are very rich in vitamins A and C, which help in keeping your body cool. Besides, these vitamins also help in maintaining healthy skin and provide useful calories to the body.
- Apples - Apples are fruits that help to fill you up and cool down your body at the same time. They contain about 4g of fiber and around 95 calories and are enriched with a soluble fiber called pectin, which stops hunger and helps in shedding weight.
- Pineapple - Along with banana, cucumber, and some other fruits, pineapple helps to make a healthy smoothie. These ingredients have cooling properties, which hydrate the body and help to clear the heat. Also, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the body.
- Avoid caffeinated or carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages, and those high in sugar - All these drinks contain preservatives, colours and sugars. They are acidic in nature and act as diuretics. They cause loss of fluids through urine.
- Do not drink very chilled liquids - They do not really help cool you down in summers, though they make you cool for some time. Drinking really cold liquids when feeling hot may lead to a slight constriction of the blood vessels in the skin and decrease heat loss, which is not advisable when trying to cool down.
Apart from this you must limit all strenuous activity, eat light, nutritious and non-fatty meals, and reduce intake of heaty vegetables and fruits, like spinach, radish, hot peppers, onions, garlic, beetroot, pineapple, grapefruit and ripe mangoes (if you cannot resist mangoes, soak them overnight in water). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian/nutritionist.
Hello, Actually I need some help for my girlfriend. We had sex around 2 weeks ago with a protection and now she's feeling like she is pregnant cuz she's suffering vomiting and dizziness etc. So my question is what's the best step we should take on this stage. I'm mentioning all the below details according to her only. Thanks.
Sexual problems are very common in men and women. There are various reasons because of which sex may not be as pleasing as it can be. The reasons for this could range from the emotional connect that is shared with the person to actual physical issues which stop you from performing. Read on to know the 3 most common sexual problems in males and females.
- Impotence: When the male cannot attain and/or sustain an erection to allow for a good intercourse, it is termed as impotence. This is one of the most common problems, and it could be due to strained relationships, performance anxiety, smoking, diabetes, hormonal problems, etc. Most often, it is psychological and easy to cure.
- Reduced libido: A man not being “in the mood” may be something hard to associate with, but many a time, it happens. This is largely due to psychological causes, and if the partners don’t strike a chord, that could be the reason too. Other reasons could be hormonal imbalance, high blood pressure, etc.
- Ejaculation issues: There could be disorders which could be due to ejaculation that is premature, inhibited, or retrograde. These lead to improper release of sperms, either premature or delayed or back into the bladder. The underlying problem usually is easily identified by the doctor and is treatable.
- In all of these, admitting the problem is the first and most effective step towards treatment.
- In addition to counseling, which usually involves the partner, hormones may be needed in some.
- Quitting smoking, beginning exercise, blood sugar and pressure control, etc. are also required.
- In very rare cases, vacuum devices and penile implants may be required.
- Dyspareunia: The most common sexual problem in females is painful sex, which makes it difficult for the couple. This could be due to vaginal dryness, UTIs, pelvic area infections, etc. This is one of the main reason for reduced libido. Topical lubricants are often useful, in addition to counseling to allay fears and improve overall relationship.
- Reduced libido: This is very common in women, and could be due to relationship issues, painful sex, hormonal imbalance, etc. This is also possible due to the multiple roles that a woman plays, so much so that she never has time to think about it.
- Anorgasmia: Women have more difficulty in achieving orgasm, which is also more psychological and often a combination of sex education and counseling helps.
- Includes combination of medications, hormonal therapy, and sex education.
- Vaginal dryness is improved using lubricants
- Supplement hormones are very useful.
- Sex counseling also involving the partner
- Infections or inflammation in the pelvic tract need to be treated with medications.
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.