Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Renu
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RenuYour feedback matters!
Yesterday I did a oral sex with my gf it was the first time we did something like that in our life we both are virgin during oral sex I licked her vagina and from today morning my throat is getting reddish there is neither any swelling nor mucus or cough I am having little bit pain in my throat if I rate it on 10 it is 0.5 She has a normal and healthy vagina she is not suffering from any infection And we both are not suffering from hiv or any other std.
Hoarseness in the simplest sense means, 'hoarse voice'. It may be defined as an abnormal voice change. It is experienced in the form of strained, rough, thick, harsh and grating voice. Variations can be felt even in the loudness and pitch of the voice.
Hoarseness is a temporary infection associated with the larynx, which is also known as the voice box in animals as well as humans. Vocal cords are present inside the voice box. Depending on the vibration of the vocal cord, different sounds are produced.
What are the general causes of hoarseness?
Hoarseness may be caused by common cold, viral infection, cough, irritation due to screaming, smoking, allergy, thyroid problem, acute laryngitis and benign tumor. In adults, the stomach asset comes up to the throat causing hoarseness. Heartburn can also be one of the causes.
When hoarseness arises due to common cold and cough, it will last for 2 to 3 days and will subside using cough suppressant and home remedies like salt water gargling, drinking hot milk with turmeric and pepper powder. As cough or cold suppress, hoarseness will also reduce.
When to see an Otolaryngologist (ENT specialist)?
Serious infections in ear nose and throat are treated by an otolaryngologist. It is very essential to consult this specialist if hoarseness lasts for more than 2 to 3 weeks; pain in ENT is not due to cold or flu, coughing up blood, lump in the neck.
Evaluation: The medical specialist starts his diagnosis by physically examining the vocal cord. Flexible light weight fiber optic tube scope is also used to visually examine the larynx area. Videotaping, acoustic analysis is also done to study voice irregularities, airflow to guide treatment.
How can hoarseness be treated?
The mode of treatments depends on underlying the cause of the problem. The patient may be advised:
- In most cases, hoarseness can be treated just by resting your throat or modifying the use of your voice.
- To avoid smoking or passive smoking
- Referred to a speech therapist to improve sound of voice.
- In case of benign tumor the nodule or polyp is removed by surgery.
How can you prevent hoarseness?
We've all heard the phrase, 'prevention is better than cure'. Alas, it is. Preventing hoarse voice and throat is a much better option than treating it. Here are some tips on how to prevent hoarseness:
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid overconsumption of caffeine and alcohol.
- Consume plenty of water
- Avoid eating spicy food.
- Avoid speaking loudly for long intervals of time.
I have a fibroid in uterus. It is a hypoechoic mass of 38x40 mm in size. Any treatment of it except surgery.
Am a 19 year and I want to know is the ipill is safe to be taken after evry sex? I means if we do sex in a month or in a week so after sex having ipill will it make any kind of harm to my body or any kind or problem in future for me. Is ipill safe for me after having sex with my partner?
Female infertility affects nearly 40 million women world over, as per medical studies. If the female patient is not able to conceive after trying for a period of over six months without the use of any protection or contraception, there are chances that she may be suffering from infertility. This condition must be checked and treated at the earliest. Read on to know more about the various causes behind female infertility.
- Fallopian Tubes: When the fallopian tubes undergo any kind of damage, it may lead to infertility for the woman in question. These tubes are used by the eggs as they travel from the ovaries to the uterus. The eggs meet the sperm in order for the baby to be conceived and to develop. Pelvic infections and pelvic surgery can cause scarring and bleeding which can stop the sperm and the egg from meeting. This scarring may also come about as a result of endometriosis.
- Hormonal Issues: There are a variety of hormones at play within one's body at any given point of time, and a balance of these hormones is absolutely essential for the various functions of the body to be carried out in a normal manner. When the body does not go through proper hormonal changes that are required for the release of the egg, this can prevent the pregnancy from happening. This can also lead to a thickening of the uterine lining which can stop the egg from travelling from the ovaries.
- Cervical Problems: The cervix is one of the most important parts of the female reproductive system. It is a passage that can be found at the lower end of the womb. When there is a condition that may affect the cervix of the female patient, it can also prevent the sperm from travelling through the cervical canal in order to reach the egg. This comes about as a symptom of a cervical problem.
- Uterine Problem: One may develop polyps or fibroids within the uterus, thus giving rise to difficulties when it comes to getting pregnant. These growths can usually be found when there are too many cells thriving in the endometrium, which is basically the lining of the uterus.
- Unexplained Reasons: There are a number of 'unexplained' reasons that can prevent pregnancy. These reasons plague almost 20% of the couples who are suffering from infertility or the inability to conceive a baby.
- Tests: While the diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of an HSG test using an ultrasound, the doctor can also use this method to check for fallopian tube blockages. A laparoscopy may also be used for diagnosis.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am pregnant from one month but one or two drop bleeding in black colour happen one or two times daily it's safe or dander.
All painkillers work by interfering with the pain-transmission process.Although there are many different types, painkillers-or analgesics-usually relieve pain in one of two ways:
· By predominantly reducing inflammation or
· By predominantly affecting the central nervous system.
PAIN KILLERS THAT ACT BY REDUCING INFLAMMATION
Inflammation is the body’s way of responding to injury, infection or invasion by foreign bodies. Inflammation is controlled by inflammatory mediators, substances that are made by the body and which may make inflammation worse by sensitizing pain receptors.Drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen are called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
As their name suggests, they work by preventing or limiting inflammation-specifically by blocking the manufacture of prostaglandins. Although prostaglandians do not cause pain themselves, they sensitize nociceptive nerve endings to other inflammatory mediators (like bradykinin and histamine) and thereby amplify the basic pain message. Prostaglandins are manufactured in the body by an enzyme called cyclo-oxygenase, or COX for short.
The COX enzyme helps to metabolise (or breakdown) a larger substance called arachidonic acid, into pain-causing prostaglandins. By attacking COX and stopping it from doing its job properly, aspirin-like drugs slow down the production of the pain-causing prostagladins. However,slowing down COX is not always a good thing. Confusingly, there are two forms of the COX enzyme- COX-1 and COX-2. Blocking COX-2 ultimately helps to relieve pain. But, most NSAIDs block COX-1 as well, which disrupts other biological processes that are far removed from pain transmission. One of these processes is the production of protective mucus in the stomach. This explains why some people develop gastric ulcers, indigestion and general nausea after taking NSAIDs.
WHEN PAIN ‘GETS ON OUR NERVES
Pain becomes a problem to us when it affects the way in which we live our
lives (i.e. becomes chronic). For example, if we injure our backs or are suffering from a disease like arthritis, we can experience pain that is persistent. But when does pain become ‘a pain’?
When our pain machinery becomes sensitized and is activated when it shouldn’t be. Pain can be triggered by the irritation of nerve endings (one cause of which is inflammation) or by damage to the nerves.
Pain is generally divided into three types:
· Acute nocicpetive pain usually originates from the site of injury.
· Inflammatory pain involves the activation of the immune system.
· Neuropathic pain is usually caused by damage to the peripheral or central nervous systems.
Type of pain
1. Acute nociceptive Cause- injury to muscle, soft tissue, bones, joints or skin.
How it feels-sharp, stabbing, aching, throbbing, can be excruciating but is not usually long lasting.Example-twisted ankle, bee sting, childbirth.
2. Inflammatory Cause- generation of inflammatory mediators following a painful stimulus.
How it feels- burning, dull ache, can be excruciating, can come and go, or be virtually permanent.Examples-rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Neuropathic Cause- damage to nerve tissue.
How it feels- aching, tingling, numbness. Can be excruciating, can come and go, or be virtually permanent.Examples- trapped or compressed nerve, nerve damage caused by diabetes.