Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 18 March and my last periods date was 24 Feb, this month I missed my periods, I don't know the exact reason for missing my periods, is it pregnancy or any other reason like stress etc?
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants.
I used to have irregular mens bt nw my mens is regular 4m 22 years of age. B4 dre used2 b gap of 3 months like dis bt nw without medication its regular. I have showed many doctors n hv done test bt everything ws normal bt stl had irregular mens n wn I have it used2 last for 7 days. I had my 1st period wn I ws 9 n half years old. Wl it affect in my pregnancy later on?
We had unprotected sex on july 15 only once 5 minutes. Her periods date every month 5th. After sex same day she had 2 pieces of papaya. 3 days later she took ipill 2 tables. She was expecting periods on 5th aug but didn't came. Today its 12 aug still periods didn't came. Is she pregnant. Are you sure how much percent chances (1% to 100%). Or because of first time sex she miss her periods. You want me to wait some more days for periods. If yes how many days. Please give us answer we are not ready for baby. Please don't give answer like use condom, consult doctor, check with pregnancy test. According to your knowledge and experience please give answer. Thank you. Her age is 23 years. 4 days regularly periods.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor
Usually my period date is 15th, but did not get so I attended for pregnancy test on 20th so doctor checked urine test n told me you are pregnant. I had vomting n little pain stomach down so doctor suggested me to go for tvs scan n ultra scan but not showed anything in 5days so what will I do now.
Every moment from the minute we are born, we are constantly inhaling and exhaling air. However, we rarely think twice about the quality of the air that we breathe. Ideally, we should be inhaling air rich in oxygen, but today, the air we breathe is contaminated with carbon dioxide, particulate matter etc. as a result of air pollution. Breathing this polluted air can be extremely detrimental to your overall health.
What is air pollution?
Air pollution can be defined as the introduction of gases, fumes and dust particles that distort the natural balance of elements in the air. Pollution in the air spreads easily and is difficult to avoid. These elements that pollute the air can be classified as primary and secondary pollutants. Primary pollutants are gases or particles, such as carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxides etc. that are directly emitted into the air. Pollutants that develop as a result of interaction between primary pollutants in the air are known as secondary pollutants. Smog, such as what is enveloping the Northern India today is one of the most common examples of this type of air pollution.
How is it measured?
Air pollution is measured by measuring the amount of pollutants such as Carbon monoxide, Ozone, Nitrogen dioxide, particulate matter with a diameter less than 10 micrometres and particulate matter with a diameter of less than 2.5 micrometres. This data is collected through monitoring stations in various cities and measured in the form of micrograms or milligrammes per cubic meter. For carbon monoxide and ozone this reading is taken as an average concentration of pollutant over 8 hours while for others it is averaged against 24 hours. This can be seen online on India’s air quality index.
What is the significance of air quality index(AQI)?
The air quality index is a visual representation of pollutant levels in the air around you. A quick glance at this colour coded map can tell you if the air outside your home is likely to harm you or not. The code is broken down into 6 levels ranging from green that signifies minimal impact to red that marks pollution levels that can harm a healthy person and seriously impact those who are already ill. The higher the AQI, the higher the level of air pollution.
How does it affect your health?
Watery eyes, coughing and wheezing are the most common results of breathing polluted air. The risk of falling ill due to air pollution is dependent on the pollutant type and amount and duration of exposure to the polluted air. Heart disease and lung disease patients, pregnant women and children under the age of 14 are most vulnerable to diseases caused by air pollution. Air pollution can aggravate respiratory and cardiovascular illnesses, damage cells in the lungs and put the heart and lungs under additional stress to pump oxygen. Long-term exposure to polluted air can cause the lungs to age faster, lead to decreased lung capacity and functioning and can also result in the development of asthma, bronchitis and even cancer. It can also cause heart attacks and shorten the lifespan of a person.
How can you protect yourself against the ill effects of air pollution?
Looking at the AQI levels of your city every morning should become a habit for city dwellers. If the pollutant levels are excessively high, it is advisable to stay indoors. On an average, air pollution and day temperatures have a direct relationship. Hence, avoid scheduling outdoor activities for the afternoons. Avoid routes that have heavy traffic and try carpooling or walking, biking etc. In areas where it is not possible to escape the pollution, use a handkerchief or face mask over your nose and mouth to filter the air. Eating fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants can help strengthen your immune system and shield your body against the ill effects of air pollution.
Within your house, clean the air conditioner and heater filters regularly and vacuum the house often. On days when the AQI is low, open your windows and allow fresh air to circulate. Sheets and stuffed toys are magnets for particulate matter in the air and hence should be washed often. Do not burn trash or allow people around you to do so.
Air pollution is a big problem to tackle and in order to fight it, requires effort from each and every individual. Take a look at the amount of pollution you generate and try reducing it. Car pooling and using public transport are often the first steps towards reducing your carbon emissions. Wherever possible use hand powered or electrically powered equipment instead of gasoline powered ones. Simply stating that the air is polluted will not help; get involved with the efforts being made in your locality to clean up the sources of this pollution. Remember that if you do not do your bit to fight this menace, it is you that will be harmed by it.
What is the disease called alopecia? How can be this treated? Does this can occur more than once during a life period?
I and my wife just got married last month of feb 2016. And we have some sex approx 6 times without any protection (condom) ot etc. And once she has her complete her period but at the last day of the period we have it again and she got her period again for few time. So I and my wife want to know is it safe or not actually we have plan for a baby but my question is we have it 6 time please suggest me was it is good or bad.
its due to sex hormone changes in your body during that time mainly estrogen & FSH.
try to control your emotion by doing yoga- it acts like miracle. eyes closed & deep breathing in & out in the early morning makes you calm & control your sex steroid releasing hormones through hypothalamus.slow body twisting improves your circulation in lower abdominal organs.
for abdominal/breast pain-try to use home remedies like cold compress/ cold cod oil massage.
diet- raw onion and pumpkin seeds. flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil lavender and tea in the evening. try to have vegetables and fish- avoid meats.
**do not let your hormones to control your mind**
in severe cases, you may need medicines, consult your physician- we are always their to solve your problems.
I am 6 months pregnant and during my last visit to doctor , she said that I am having loose cervix. What does that mean and what should I do to prevent that. Please suggest.
Sir I have sex with my gf a day before her menstrual period i.e on 13 march but her menstrual period falls on 14 march. We failed to use condom and I ejaculate inside but not deeply. Till date her menstrual period didn't come. This is the first time she miss her menstrual period and also not feeling any pain in stomach as she usually meet before mensuration occur. Both of us feel very anxiety and having stress. Why this skip happens and is she may get pregnant and any good measure to prevent unwanted pregnant if it happen.
हमारी रसोई में अनाज के अलावा कई ऐसी चीजों का समावेश होता है जिनके बगैर हमारा भोजन स्वादहीन कहलाएगा। और इस बात से हम इंकार नहीं कर सकते कि दुनिया स्वाद के पीछे भागती है। तमाम मसालों सब्जियों के गुणों को निखार कर हमारे भोजन को लज़ीज़ बनाता है तेल। जी हां हमारे भोजन में तेल का विशेष महत्त्व होता है, तेल का इस्तेमाल खाने को और टेस्टी बनाने के लिए किया जाता है। जैसा कि हम सभी जानते है की हमारे स्वास्थ्य का सीधा कनेक्शन हमारे डाइट से होता है। हम जैसा खाना खायेंगे वैसा हमारा शरीर परफॉर्म करेगा, हम अगर मिलावटी खाना खाएं तो हमारा शरीर कमजोर होता है और उम्र कम होती है। और जब बात हो तेल की तो हर बात पर इस्तेमाल किए जाने वाले इस पदार्थ की गुणवत्ता ऊँची होनी जरूरी हो जाती है। बाजार में कई प्रकार के तेल उपलब्ध हैं, जिनमें से आज हम आपको उस तेल के बारे में बताएंगे जिसे पसंद करने वालों की तादाद काफी है। जी बिलकुल हम बात करेंगे गुणों की खान माने जाने वाले राइस ब्रैन ऑइल यानि की चावल के छिलकों (भूसी) से निकाले गए तेल की।
जैसा कि हम जानते है कि राइस ब्रैन तेल को चावल की भूसी से तैयार किया जाता हैं। चावल के छिलकों से निकाला गया होने के कारण इस तेल में फैट बिलकुल भी नहीं होता है। और इसमें पाया जाने वाला ओरिज़ॉनल एक बेहद लाभदयाक तत्व होता है। जो कोलेस्ट्रॉल कम करने में हमारी मदद करता है, उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करने में कारगर है और हाइपर थाइरोइड के रोगियों के लिए काफी फायदे मंद साबित हुआ है इतना ही नहीं यह नाड़ी तंत्र की रक्षा करने में भी कामयाब साबित हुआ है।
सही तेल को अपने आहार के लिए चुनना आपके हेल्दी लाइफ के लिए बेहद जरूरी होता है। पिछले कुछ सालों में लोगो ने रिफाइंड ऑइल को खाना कम किया है क्योंकि अनियमति दिनचर्या और तरह-तरह के तेल के सेवन से लोगो मे कोलेस्ट्रॉल की मात्रा बढ़ने लगी और दिल की बीमारी जैसी शिकायत देखने को मिली इसलिए लोगो ने अपनी सेहत का ख़्याल रखने के लिए अन्य तेल की तुलना में राइस ब्रैन ऑइल का इस्तेमाल करना शुरू किया।
तो अब जरूरी है कि हमें मालूम हो चावल के छिलकों से निकाले गये इस तेल का हमारी सेहत पर किस तरह और कैसा प्रभाव पड़ता है।
1. कैंसर होने से रोके
राइस ब्रैन ऑयल में टोकोफेरोल्स एंड टॉकटरिनोल्स नामक पदार्थ हेाते हैं,जो फ्री रैडिकल्स से होने वाले कैंसर को रोकते है। इसलिए कैंसर की संभावना नजर आये तो यह तेल जरूर अपनाएं।
2. वजन कम
राइस ब्रैन ऑयल में ट्रांस फैटी एसिड और कोलेस्ट्रॉल बिलकुल भी नहीं होता, जो मोटापा बढ़ने का सबसे अहम कारण होता है। यह तेल के इस्तेमाल से आप बेहिचक अपना मन पसंद खाना खा सकते है।
3. बढ़ाए चेहरे की रंगत
क्या ये बेहद खुशी की बात नही होगी कि जो खाना आपकी सेहत बनाता है उसी खाने से आप सुंदर भी बन सकते है। यह तेल सेहत के साथ रूप-रंग भी निखरता है। झुर्रियां कम करता है और त्वचा को स्वस्थ बनाए रखता है जिससे आप अपने उम्र से अधिक जवां दिखते हैं।
4. बालों का झड़ना करे कम
राइस ब्रैन ऑइल का बना हुआ खाना खाने से न ही आपके बालों का गिरना रोकता है बल्कि आपके बालों के ग्रोथ को भी बढाता है। इस तेल में फेरुलिक एसिड और ईस्टर्स होते हैं जो कि बालों की ग्रोथ के लिये जरूरी होते हैं। इसके अलावा इसमें विटामिन ई, ओमेगा 3 और ओमेगा 6 पाए जाते हैं, जो कि बालों को सफेद होने से बचाते हैं और उन्हें स्वस्थ बनाए रखते हैं।
4. लिवर के लिये फायदेमंद
राइस ब्रैन ऑयल में लीवर को मजबूत करने वाले विटामिन और प्रोटीन का समावेश होता है, जिससे लीवर की कार्यक्षमता को बढ़ने में मदद मिलती है। यह एग्जिमा रोग को भी ठीक करने में सहायक है। इसी के साथ यह अन्य बीमारियों से भी शरीर को बचाए रखता है।
5. इम्युन सिस्टम बढाए
राइस ब्रैन ऑयल में एंटीऑक्सीडेंट भरपूर मात्रा में पाया जाता है जो शरीर की इम्युन सिस्टम को मजबूत बनाता है। इस तेल से बना हुआ खाना खाने से शरीर के इम्युनिटी सिस्टम को बेहद लाभ पहुचता है। कई प्रकार की बीमारियों से लड़ने में मदद करता है क्योंकि इस तेल में मौजूद एंटीऑक्सीडेंट आपके शरीर में उपस्थित फ्री रेडीकल्स से लड़ता है और शरीर में कई बीमारियों से लड़ने की क्षमता बढ़ाता है।
जैसे की हर पदार्थ के कुछ नुकसान और कुछ फायदे होते हैं उसी तरह राइस ब्रैन ऑयल के भी तमाम फायदों के साथ कुछ कंडीशन्स में नुकसान भी हैं।
1. अत्यधिक न करे इस्तेमाल
राइस ब्रैन ऑयल लगभग हर किसी के लिए फायदेमंद है, लेकिन इसे जरूरत से ज्यादा इस्तेमाल करना हो सकता है आपके शरीर के लिए नुकसानदेय।
2. सीधा न करें सेवन
इस तेल का इस्तेमाल केवल खाना बनाने में ही करें, सीधा इसका सेवन करना सेहत के लिए हानिकारक साबित हो सकता है।
3. पेट की बीमारी
राइस ब्रैन ऑयल को जरूरत से ज्यादा इस्तेमाल करने से गैस तथा अन्य पेट से संबंधित परेशानियों का सामना करना पड़ सकता है।
I gave birth a baby boy on 20th March 2016. After 7-8 days, he starts breast feeding. Now, for last 3-4 days, my nipples are paining and there are scratches and scuff. Kindly advise.
I am 24 years old female (not married), I have urine and vaginal infection, how can I get relief from these two as it is frustrating me often, even I am being hygienic.
Helps prevent cancer.
High in anti-oxidants.
Lower high bloodpressure.
Helps improve vision.
Strengthens immunity system.
Promotes healthy glowing skin.
Helps the brain and nervous system function.
Low in calories buy high in nutrients.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end twice.
Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.