Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Renu Chawla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renu ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Normal delivery or vaginal delivery is when childbirth takes place without the use of any vacuum extraction or forceps. It is basically when a woman goes into labour without the use of any other external drugs which induce labour. C-Section or rather caesarean section is basically when a baby is delivered surgically via an incision in the mother’s abdomen. This is usually performed when a normal delivery can put the child’s or the mother’s health at risk. It is also performed when you are expecting twins or rather multiples.
Why Normal Delivery is preferred over C-Section Delivery?
- One of the major benefits of having a normal delivery over a C-Section is that the former leads to a shorter hospital stay as there is no major surgery involved. If there is no surgery involved then obviously the risks associated with it, such as, permanent scarring, severe bleeding, septic infection, are completely eliminated.
- Reaction to anaesthesia is another thing that one must consider and it is the most crucial difference between a normal and a C-Section delivery. As C-Section is basically a surgery, the mother is administered an anaesthetic to numb the pain. Sometimes, even spinal anaesthesia is used and the side effects of it include: back pain, prolonged numbness or weakness, shortness of breath and in extreme cases, even maternal morbidity (death during pregnancy).
- After C-Section delivery, there can be a severe loss of blood leading to hysterectomy (permanent removal of the uterus).
- The best reason to avoid a non-planned C-Section is because, once a C-Section has been done then there is a potential risk of having all your future deliveries done via C-Section.
- A research has shown that women who deliver via C-Section are less likely to start early breastfeeding as the recovery time from a surgery is pretty high.
Hello I had a laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis which was around 13 cm on 1st June 2018. Dr. Added one more surgery hysteroscopy on the same time to check my tube and uterus. Everything was ok. On 2nd June Dr. Have me an injection luprodex 3.75 mg. I had periods on 15 June, but after June till date no periods, and there is no pregnancy as well. I am 35 years old, and no baby yet. Want to conceive now it's already too late. Please give me an advise.
Hello sir , meri age 27 n meri wife ki age 24 year he, meri marriage ko 1 .2 year hue hai , meri problem hai ki marriage hum 8 month se child karne ki try kar rahe he par abhi tak success nahi huye he , me intercorse karne k bad 10 min tak penis apni wife ki vagina me rakhta hu aur sperm bhi bahar nahi aane deta hu phir jab uthta hu tab sperm bahar aata hai so kya prob he hame k child nahi ho pa raha please ans me .
I have taken 2 rounds of iui treatments. 1st time my husbands count were lil less, and in second all the parameters were fine. Hystrosocpt also done. Both tubes are fine. Endometrium last was 10. 1 mm.60 ml sperm with 98% moritilitt, 2 follicles each sizing 20 mm and 23 mm. Still it failed. Can you tell me why did it fail? And I should go for ivf or contribute few cycles with iui only. I am 35 year old and husband is 36. I am very worried. Please help.
I am 31 yes female, trying to conceive since 2014, I was on HMG injection and siphene, ccq,nothing worked out, later took treatment from other doctor, he prescribed me FSH injection (follicular 75 IU, and siphene 100 mg, I got conceive and miscarried in 19th week, it was iui pregnancy, after 2 months of miscarried got same treatment done and iui done, not sure if it worked or not but I got my periods, again got same procedure done on 11 Oct and was supposed to check on 25th of this month, but urine test and blood test came out to be negative but strange part is I still have all pregnancy symptoms like fatigue, abdomen cramps, ovarian pulling, severe back pain, stuffy nose. And I have still not got my period s. My question is can I still b pregnant after both test? If not why do I have pregnancy symptoms.
The human appendix which thought to be of little use to the body may actually serve as a reservoir for beneficial gut bacteria a new study has found. The appendix a narrow pouch that projects off the caecum in the digestive system has a notorious reputation for its tendency to become inflammed (appendicitis) often needing surgical removal as in the study found on mammal species that species with an appendix have higher average concentration of lymphoid (immune) tissue in the caecum, which can stimulate growth of some types of benefecial gut bacteria.