Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Imbalance in the hormones is the primary cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The polycystic ovarian syndrome may result in an enlarged ovary with accumulated fluids. This disorder may lead to various changes in your appearance.
The various symptoms of this disorder are:
- Acne: This disorder may cause or aggravate acne on your skin (learn more about acne problem)
- Abnormal periods: You may face irregularities in your periods as the intervals between periods may extend for more than 35 days or heavy periods.
- Excess androgen: The male hormone known as androgen may increase in the female body which results in facial hair and excessive body hair. It may also cause acne.
- Hair loss: This syndrome may lead to thinning of hair on the scalp and thus, resulting in hair loss (know more Ways to Deal With Hair Loss)
- Enlarged ovaries: The ovaries may be enlarged with various fluid filled sacs.
The various causes of polycystic ovarian syndrome are:
- Low-grade inflammation: The body's immune system produces various substances that fight foreign infections in the body. If you are affected by the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then you are more likely to be affected by inflammation which causes androgen production in the body.
- Heredity: If someone in your family has this disorder then you are more likely to be affected by this disease.
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that allows the cells the body to produce energy in the body. You may experience insulin resistance which means energy production in the body may be hampered. It may also lead to increased androgen production which may impair the ovaries’ ovulation ability.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome may lead to various complications in the body:
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- It may increase chances of cardiovascular diseases as it may lead to metabolic syndrome
- It may lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You may experience heavy bleeding in the uterine region
- It may lead to complications in the cholesterol levels in the body
I am 24 years old and my wife age is 23 years, both of us has the same blood group. I.E B, will that effect during pregnancy or health?
Hi doctor. My age is 20. And am physically involved with by boyfriends. I have no problem. is it right for my future health or not?
Last month I was prescribed yamini pills for 21 days and I got my periods within two days after I finished the pack. This month My periods have still not come and all my tests are negative. Is it late because of the pills?
I am 24 years female. My hemoglobin level is 9.5 g/ dl. Is there any problems for conceiving pregnancy.
Hello Doctor, I am trying to conceive since 6 months. And I really want to know how much Penetration is required to conceive. Hardly 1 inch Penetration we get. My hubby says he cannot get more and it's not required. I am using OPK's past one month for tracking my ovulation. Can I conceive like this.
I am married 8 month ago. I am not pregnant till date. I want a baby now. So I like to know that what is the problem for pregnancy. Take my problem very seriously.
I am 41 and my wife is 36. Its already 4 years to our marriage and my wife is unable to conceive. Please advise.
Hello, My friend is facing some pain and itchiness in her vagina after sex from last two days. Please suggest any medicines to cure this problem. .
Im now 7 months pregnant having problem with stomach ache, ultrasound scan and all reports positive, what should I do can I get any answers pls.
Fluid retention is a crushing problem faced by many across the world. The condition can be well understood by paying close attention to its name; the propensity of the human body to store water or fluids in general in the tissues leading to a swollen and bloated appearance can be referred to as 'fluid retention', edema or hydropsy. An observant person must have seen signs of fluid retention in people around. The condition usually surfaces in the form of swollen limbs that can result in soft depressed pits on the application of slightest pressure. Your arms, legs, feet and joints such as the ankles and wrists are more prone to the effects of edema.
The various ways in which fluid retention can be disastrous for your body have been laid down here:
1. Edema can impair your ease while walking. A person goes through so much of pain that walking becomes more of a challenge; limping comes naturally in such a situation. Thus, your gait can completely change under the effect of fluid retention.
2. Fluid retention in the joints can make your joints excessively stiff. It therefore prevents free movement, stretching or bending.
3. There can be alterations in the texture and health of your skin over the affected area. It may turn tender and may itch intermittently.
4. Skin ulcers are also a common phenomenon among patients of edema. Ulcers in the skin are hard to remedy and it is hence best to curb the possibility of their development.
5. Tissues that now have a higher content of fluids are larger in size and face friction between one another. This leads to scarring of tissues.
6. Improper blood circulation is a condition that comes along with edema. The blood vessels narrow down when tissues swell up. As a result, there is a sharp decrease in the amount of blood circulated throughout one's body.
7. Veins, arteries and joints lose their inherent elasticity in this case. Subsequently, expansion and contraction of joints may not take place involuntarily and may thus cause immense discomfort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.