Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Renu AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I want baby could you tell me in which time period we are doing sex where maximum possibility for baby after monthly period of my wife.
I am suffering with pcod problem in which I have imbalance hormones and irregular periods.What ll be the proper diet to reduce my weight?
Mam mera period 25 din par aa jata hai is baar 9 ka date tha aj 9 hai par ni aya av tak maine 9 ko hi check kiya prega news me to 2 line show kar raha hai ek dark pink hai ek light pink hai to kya mai pregnent hu mam?
Zinc is chemically a metal and a trace mineral with multiple health benefits. It is required by the body for a number of functions in small quantities on a regular basis. Some of its important roles include improving immunity, hormone production and promoting digestion, controlling inflammation, tissue growth and repair, etc. to name a few. It also helps in controlling free radical production and therefore has anti-inflammatory effects in reversing heart disease and fighting cancer.
About 5 to 8 mg of zinc is needed by a person per day, with smaller children needing it in the lesser range and women needing more of it. Natural sources of zinc include animal rich protein foods like animal meat and seafood. Dairy products, legumes, pulses and whole grains also contain good amounts of zinc. Modern day foods contain added zinc and therefore are good sources too, though they availability and utility value for the body remain a question.
- Zinc improves immunity i.e. the body produces what are called as T cells when there is any infection or foreign body in the body. These T cells also help in controlling and regulating immune responses and in people with zinc deficiency, the immune system is suppressed putting them at risk for infections and illnesses.
- Zinc has a great role to play in maintaining skin integrity and delayed wound healing is one of the first symptoms of zinc deficiency. These people also could develop chronic ulcers or wounds. There is increased bacterial growth (reduced immunity), increased inflammation, and reduced re-epithelialization, all leading to poor skin health and delaying wound healing.
- Zinc is essential for healthy gut function and it is one of the best remedies for diarrhoea. Deficiency can lead to leaky gut syndrome.
- Zinc reduces free radical damage, which is responsible for chronic inflammation. Eating adequate amounts of zinc can reduce this inflammation, leading to preventing heart disease, reducing the incidence of cancer, etc. It also is shown to prevent cellular damage in the retina, thereby reducing incidence of macular degeneration.
- Zinc is essential for proper growth and development. Zinc deficiency is shown to produce shorter stature, anaemia, and delayed sexual maturation. During the growing years especially, it is very important to provide an adequate amount of zinc for the body, either naturally or through supplements.
- Fertility and zinc also has a strong correlation. In males, it affects both the quantity and quality of sperm production. The sperm count was shown to improve with zinc supplementation in males who complained of low sperm count.
- Controlling memory is another function of zinc. It determines how neurones talk to each other, which is essential for transmission of signals across the brain and formation of memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My girlfriend and me have sex last night. Unfortunately I didn't use any protection like condom. please help me how can stop my girlfriend's pregnancy. please sir. The age of my girlfriend is 17 years any my age is 16 years.
There are numerous ways to be healthy and happy. Eating right, exercising and leading a positive life are all methods that are easier said than done. While in theory we all know about these methods, in practice it all goes flying out of the window at the first sign of stress and fast paced urban living.
So, how can you make a conscious effort to be healthy and happy? Try our five sure shot ways, as follows:
- Water: Did you know that hydrating is the key to a long life because not only are you pumping essential fluids into your body, but you are also adding plenty of lubrication to your bones and joints. Cut out the sweetened drinks, carbonated beverages and caffeine to make way for water. For every 200 pounds, a person must drink at least 100 ounces of water in a single day.
- Rainbow Menu: Ensure that you take in all colours of food like red bell peppers, orange carrots, green spinach, yellow squash, and even more. Eating a dietary rainbow everyday can help in ensuring that you get all the essential nutrients that are packed in all these kinds of foods. All the minerals and nutrients can be extracted from these different types of food in order to ensure that your body remains healthy with a well-balanced diet.
- Rest: Get plenty of rest along with your dietary intake. A well-rested mind is a relatively stress free and happy mind. It is a scientifically proven fact that a balanced routine of rest, movement and food can help in keeping your mind in a balance of sorts. The rest factor is one that can be achieved with good nutrition and vice versa, as well. When you are taking good nutrition, your mind will be at rest and the quality of your rest will also help you in working up a normal appetite at the right time, throughout the day.
- Exercise: It is a well-known fact that movement of at least 20 minutes per day can help in avoiding an overly sedentary lifestyle which blocks the metabolism and leads to varied aches and pains due to inaction and lack of lubrication of the bones and joints. Exercise also helps in working up a healthy appetite.
- Small Meals: Eat five or six small meals in a day in order to ensure that the metabolism that works on time, and in an effective manner so that your food gets digested properly.
With these tips, you can ensure that you fall into a normal routine of eating, resting and exercising, which will in turn help you maintain a healthy and happy life.
Eating healthy and maintaining a happy number on the weighing scale is stuff that dreams are made of - or so you thought! It is never too late to get on to the weight loss bandwagon in case you have a few extra pounds that you are not too proud of. But the concern is how to get rid of the pesky extra kilos in a smooth sailing and effortless manner?
Well, that's easy - take these diet ideas and lose weight effortlessly even as you eat healthy!
- Shop Right: Get nutrition right by first of all shopping right. When you fill your kitchen and pantry with healthy food, remember that good food choices will automatically follow you. So, ditch the packaged food and go for fresh ingredients that can help you cook up a storm even as you get aromatic and rich homemade flavours, right on your table. And remember there is nothing better than the satisfaction of a home cooked meal at the end of the day. Throw in some organic grains, put out the brown bread, and get yourself some fresh tasting ingredients to make a pasta sauce from scratch or prepare a salad dressing in a matter of minutes.
- Smaller Crockery: Are you guilty of overeating? The real culprit might just be your crockery - or rather, its size. Try taking on smaller portions with smaller bowls and plates. This will ensure that you take smaller heapfuls by default, and before you know it, your stomach will be full!
- Smaller Meals, Bigger Effect: You may have heard this being said many times, but it is true. The trick is to pace your metabolism and throw small quantities at it, so that it is easier to break the food down faster. Take at least five to six meals in a day and watch how soon your tummy starts to shape up and lose its flab.
- Mental Hunger: Hungry for a snack and ravenously so? Well, it may be time to tackle that pesky mental hunger. Begin by taking a few glasses of water and then give yourself a few nuts like almonds as well as some raisins. Keep these kinds of snacks handy so that you can pass your time when you are bored or even anxious, without overeating and putting on excessive kilos.
- Vegetables and Fruit: A good dose of fibre can help in tightening your contours because these digestive fibres are well known for flushing toxins out of your system and breaking down the food really fast!
So get on the effective diet bandwagon and banish those fad diets from your menu, today! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Congratulations, that your Urine pregnancy test is positive and white stork will be visiting you soon! So it's your fourth week and you are advised an ultrasound in the coming week. With all the questions coming in your mind on what to expect from the ultrasound in regards to a normal pregnancy, I am here to help you month-wise. (Know more about dietary facts in pregnancy)
In the First Month (Learn more about First Trimester)
On ultrasound you will see the pregnancy sac and the doctor would describe the same as the womb-pregnancy sac. This highlights that the pregnancy is not ectopic (pregnancy outside the womb).Cheers! You will be called again a week or two later to see the further developments of the baby.
In the Second Month
On ultrasound you can now see a fetal node and the doctor makes you hear a typical galloping horse like sound-that's the fetal heart beat- the heart beat of your baby. You can also see a small ring like structure in the pregnancy sac which is yolk sac. It takes care in terms of nutrition until the placenta is formed
In the Third Month
You are asked to give your Dual test- a blood test which tests for hormones like B hcg and PAPP-A which indirectly indicate whether the baby has chromosomal abnormalities or risk of growth restriction later on. You will be told to have an 11-13 weeks scan .In this scan ,markers for chromosomal abnormalities like Nasal bone, Nuchal; translucency(fluid behind the neck) ,blood flow through the liver(Ductus venosus) , Tricuspid regurgitation along with Length of the baby and heart rate will be studied .During the ultrasound you will be shown the structure of the baby from head to toe. At the end you will be counselled whether you are a low risk or high risk for getting a baby with chromosomal abnormalities(especially Down Syndrome).
And if all is well you are called for the next scan at 5th month.
In the Fifth Month
This is the anomaly scan or Level 2 scan. You will notice your baby has grown significantly since you last saw. The doctor will see the structure of the baby including the brain and heart .The location of your placenta will also be reported. It you have a quadruple test/ triple test ,the results will be interpreted and explained.
If its a thumbs up, you are advised to follow up with your obstetrician and come for an ultrasound at 8th month if everything continues to be as expected.
In the Eighth Month
This scan checks the growth of the baby and the fluid around it. The medical experts check the blood flow through the essential structures like the brain,liver and umbilcal cor (fetal Dopplers ). The same is done to reassure you or decide further management. In some cases , this scan may be pre-pond starting at 7th month.
If along with the expertise, there is a high end ultrasound machine , you get a chance to see your baby moving/dancing/thumb-sucking in 4 dimensions. You and your hubby will surely fight over the nosy -its alike yours or your hubby's! And the experience is awesome and ever cherishing.
I had sex 12 hours ago with latex condom and take out from vagina before ejaculation is it safe from pregnancy?
I am 21 years old and I don't have a clear menstruation. Its been two months that I dint had my periods. Every year out of 12months I hardly have periods for like 4-5 months n it bleed only little like 3/4drops. Please help me to have a clear menstruation every month.
I am 47 years old and I am suffering from acidity problem since last 3-4 yrs. If I fell pain in any part of the body n if I press there air is released through mouth. I also often get gases. I hv to go to toilet twice a day. My MC periods hv been stopped since last 7 yrs. please help me getting rid of this.
I have a tsh problem and I am still unmarried, poeple said that the women who have that kind of problem, she will have to face the problem to concieving or she will not have born a baby in future. Is its true? its is very important to me, this situation is very hard & untolerable for me. Please reply me with truth or help me in this situation.
My last periods were on 5 Feb 16. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 22 Feb but as per the sonography report I am pregnant from last 8 weak. How is it possible? He is suspicious about my relationship.
In my wife's breasts before menstruation becomes lumpy internal conflicts comes with inflammation stiffness which is quite uncomfortable. Please advise the pain is too much. before some time took medicine for pregnancy.
Follow these 6 changes to your lifestyle to feel better and live healthier-
1) King’s Breakfast: Most people don't feel like eating much at breakfast, esp. the late nighters. However, ignoring or skipping breakfast sets a bad rhythm for the rest of your day and weakens your immune system. Having breakfast is a must and the ideal breakfast is one which is low in carbs and has a good portion of protein. For people short on time, a seasonal fruit with raw nuts and a little yogurt can be a good option.
2) Water Intake: Drinking inadequate water causes dehydration inside and can lead to a number of issues. Most common issues are headaches, dry skin, impaired sleep, joint problems, poor concentration as well as digestive disorders. Best way to address this problem is to keep water handy wherever you are. Try to drink about two litres of water each day. More, if its hot or after workouts.
3) Sleep Well: Sleep time is rejuvenation for your body. If you don't get enough sleep, you will deprive your body the time to recover and tackle whatever the next day has to offer. Try to be in bed earlier and get atleast 7 hours of sleep.
4) Physical Training: A good mix of aerobic as well as resistance training is quite important for your health. You feel more energetic and productive when you physically work out. Folks who exercise regularly are generally happier than those who are inactive.
5) Stress Releasing: Stress is a major factor in inducing various forms of illnesses. Stress must not accumulate. Try to give yourself some time every week to do things that you enjoy – it can be reading or meditating or enjoying the outdoors.
6) No Self Medication: Often one wrong medicine causes much more harm than any medicine at the right time, does good. Try to avoid popping pills without doctor’s recommendation. Many side effects or reactions to an existing medication or condition can lead to uncalled for problems and complications later. Don’t rely on sources like chemist or a relative to guide you, they might not look at the right details due to lack of knowledge. Say no to self medication.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
Having low lying placenta. Now 17 weeks crossed. I am on Complete bed rest due to brown spotting. Position has much improved, but not fully stopped. Latest usg reflects all OK for baby. Whether I can resume office.
I am currently not having my proper menstrual cycle for around 4 months and I also get few pimples around my left cheek and little bit of hair all too. I think its PCOD.Please tell.
I am a 28 year old mother & having a 3 year old daughter. From past few days I have been experiencing pain in my breast area around the nipple. please tell me what should I do?
Sip your way toward better health with green tea. Touted for its numerous health benefits, the most nutrient-packed types contain catechin and antioxidants that fight and might, even, prevent cell damage. Some of the most effective varieties of best green tea are LongJing, Kukicha, Schincha, Gyokuro and Matcha green tea powder. Enjoy wonderful, hot green tea three times in between meals to reap the most benefits.
And in case you’re wondering just what those health benefits of green tea are, drink these in:
1. Green tea weight loss
The benefit here is two-fold: not only does green tea give your metabolism a boost, but also, choosing this drink over other more sugary options will greatly decrease your caloric intake, therefore, green tea and weight loss go hand in hand.
2. Less stress
According to health.com, the amino acid, theanine, in green tea, is known for its calming effect. Research shows that it can reduce both a rising heart rate and rising blood pressure.
3. Cancer prevention
While the jury is still out on if there’s “proof,” some studies have shown that green tea might help eliminate cancer cells; and because green tea is known to assist healthy cells with growth, many feel that drinking this “wonder” beverage might be one of the ways to naturally help your body heal from the inside.
4. Reduced risk of diabetes
Green tea can help prevent both sharp increase in blood sugar after a meal and high insulin spikes (thus, also helping prevent fat storage).
5. Decreased chance of heart disease
Drink green tea and thus, equip your blood vessels with the ability to better withstand changes in blood pressure and formation of clots – the number one cause of heart attacks.
6. Lowered cholesterol
Leave your good cholesterol untouched and bring your bad cholesterol down with regular consumption of green tea.
7. Protection of brain cells
Green tea might have a role in preventing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s by protecting brain cells from dying and restoring those that are damaged.
8. Stop tooth decay
The aforementioned catechin has the ability to eradicate bacteria and viruses, thus, protecting your teeth from many dental conditions, including tooth decay.
9. Lowered blood pressure
A 2004 study of Chinese tea drinkers showed that drinking as little as a half-cup of green tea daily could potentially lower the risk of high blood pressure by nearly 50%.
10. Less depression
Similar to its effect on those with anxiety, consumption of theanine (a component of green tea), alleviate stress and promote relaxation.
Green tea has been shown to have an antiviral effect on the influenza virus.
The antioxidants in green tea can counteract the effects of free radicals, which are harmful to the skin. When applied topically, green tea can reduce sun damage and rejuvenate the skin.
13. Improved brain health
One Swiss study showed that brains of green tea-drinkers had more activity in working-memory area, than brains of those who haven’t included green tea into their diet regimen.
14. Healthy cells
Because the leaves of green tea are not heavily processed, it’s rich in the catechins that could, potentially, prevent cell damage.
Wonderful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea are likely to slow the development of signs of aging.
16. Protection from arthritis
According to CNN, green tea can boost the immune system and reduce joint-destroying substances.
17. Stronger bones
Drinking green tea regularly can help stimulate bone formation and help slow the breakdown and weakening of existing bones.
18. Combat food poisoning
Drinking green tea frequently can protect you from the diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain and dehydration (that can accompany food poisoning), thanks to powerful bactericidal effects of this wonderful healthy drink.
Green tea benefits also include boosting your immune system. No wonder it’s a favorite in many rehab centres. Prime your immune system to fight off infection with powerful antioxidants in green tea, which can fight off free radicals very efficiently.
20. Prevent asthma
The caffeine in green tea will not just give you a jolt of energy – it can also help those with asthma breathe easier by relaxing their muscles.