Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha YadavYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from knee pain from 2012 . According to x ray report it is Astrio Arthritis. Doctor advice me take medicine (ORTHOBACT FORTE) daily two times after meal.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
Related Tip: Three Ways to Protect Your Knees?