Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Vaish
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha VaishYour feedback matters!
The human body is host to many microbes such as bacteria, fungi and other organisms. These organisms are natural to the body and are required for many functions. The female reproductive organ or the vagina is one such organ that is home to many such bacteria that help in maintaining the correct vaginal pH balance, the ultimate requisite for a healthy vagina.
However, if this delicate balance within the various micro-organisms is disrupted, it may cause problems such as irritation and itching.
Causes of vaginal itching and irritation
- Yeast infection: Just like bacteria, yeast is also present within the vagina and is required for a healthy pH balance within it. However, due to various factors, this balance can go topsy-turvy, thus causing yeast infections. The infections may cause a thick white discharge along with excessive itching and irritation.
- Skin irritation due to foreign products or contact dermatitis: This problem can occur on the skin of your body as well as the vagina. Dermatitis or irritation may be caused due to perfumes, products such as tampons, or sanitary napkins, detergents used to wash underwear, lubricants, and condoms among others.
- Common vaginal infections or bacterial vaginosis: This is the most common form of vaginal infection that women have reported to their gynaecologists. Just like yeast infections occur due to an imbalance in the level of healthy fungi within the vagina, bacterial vaginosis occurs when there is an imbalance with the levels of healthy bacteria within the body.
- Sexually transmitted disease or infections: This is also a very common reason for vaginal itching and irritation. Some of the common STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or infections such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Genital herpes can all cause irritation and in most cases, will result in itching. Pubic lice, also commonly referred to as crabs, can cause itching and are mostly transferred through sexual contact.
- Hormonal changes within the body: This is another common and major factor for changes within the human body and can especially create problems within the female reproductive systems. If you start or stop taking contraceptive pills, have irregular periods, are pregnant or approaching menopause, your hormones may fluctuate a lot. This will result in changes within the vagina and thus, may cause itching and irritation.
- Skin disorders such psoriasis and eczema: Certain underlying conditions within the body may cause problems, such as psoriasis and eczema. These may end up causing infections near the vagina and result in itchiness and irritation as well.
Although you can try out home remedies, it is advisable to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for either gynaecological issues or underlying physiological issues which may be causing the problems in the first place. Some of the medications that could be prescribed to you could be anti-inflammatory drugs as well as antibiotics, either in the form of oral medications or topical ointments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 25 years old and now 26 weeks pregnant how to increase my baby weight by foods. I am scare because of my anemic problem it will affect my baby. So how to recover tis problem.
My mom age is 45 yrs. She is feeling itchy on the chest area and sometimes the skin on the chest is paining also. Are these symptoms of breast cancer and what is the way to cure it? Pls help me I am afraid. Pls. No other symptoms r there.
I am four months pregnant. Doctor told foetus heart beat is low. I Is it serious? How to increase my child's heartbeat.
Dr. My wife is pregnant of 1.5 month. Can we have sex and for how long with how intense. please suggest.
Hello I am 30 years old unmarried girl, My eyes are going deeper inside my face, please give me a solution to overcome.
Completed one year of marriage. Married life is not good. As the sexual too. My hubby likes me but don't want to perform sex with me. But maybe I am more excited about this thing. What I do? Even my hubby sometimes agree to do it but never I reached at the stage of orgasms. Coz of it maybe I am in bad habit too. Even a sharp water pressure from toilet seat excites me and I reach at orgasms. This thing neither I can tell anyone. After hubby's regular denial no to perform sexual activity I become in acute anger. And start weeping. The whole night goes spoiled. Every morning evening I promised myself k no tonight I will not weep I will not tell him to sex or love. Will sleep tonight well. But I can't keep control myself I can't calm myself What I do Please help me please.
Do you wake up in the morning feeling like a log? Do you feel so irritated to move around with all the pain that you wish the day never started? People affected with disorders such as arthritis, rheumatism and fibromyalgia (a pain disorder which affects the soft tissue and the muscles in the body) are the most vulnerable to such kind of pain. Body stiffness in the morning can make it difficult for you to get out of the bed and go about your work for the day.
Here are some causes that may lead to such a condition:
- Not exercising on a regular basis
- An unhealthy diet which does not provide you with all the necessary nutrients
- Living in a damp and cold environment can stiffen up those muscles, contributing to this condition.
- A bad sleeping posture such as sleeping on your side can reduce the flow of blood to the concerned muscles, leading to early morning body ache.
Tips to get rid of it?
You can follow these tips to get your body up and about in the morning, right from the time you wake up:
- The first tip to get rid of morning stiffness is to get the required amount of sleep. The recommended amount is 6-8 hours of regular sleep. Avoid distractions such as the glare from the slickest smart phone you recently bought, or another mindless episode of Quantico on your TV set.
- Stretch your body before you go to sleep; a proper stretching routine will help loosen up the muscles and reduce stress from the body.
- Remember, cold aggravates almost any kind of pain. So, if the room is cold or damp, use heaters or blankets to make sure that you are not affected by the cold.
- Taking a hot shower before going to bed is a very good way to relax your muscles and also promote better blood circulation.
- You need to keep yourself hydrated; so drink at least 2-3 liters of water regularly. Dehydration can lead to body cramps that can prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep, a factor which will most certainly add to your morning fatigue and pain.
- Eat a healthy diet which consists of vegetables and fruits. Avoid eating too much carbohydrates as it can overload your system.
- Avoid or at least limit stress: Make use of relaxation techniques such as meditation to manage stress effectively. Meditating early in the morning can set the tone for the day.
- Get regular exercise as it promotes stronger muscles and keeps your body free from almost all kinds of pain. But make sure not to overstrain those muscles as that can add to a separate set of worries for you. Try not to exercise if you find the pain really troublesome and bothering; rather, let it subside before you resume with your exercises.