Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Singh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha SinghYour feedback matters!
I am anaya from karimnagar, I am 29 years old recently I found I have subserosa fibroid and pcod also I am taking homeo medicine from last 2 months, still now am not getting period and I am getting bleeding spotting like dat 9not much) I am planning for kids next year please advice me how can I cure my issue I am gaining weight year by year 70 kgs now.
Sir I have no sexual desire. And there problems of pimple on my face. It irritates me. My vagina always dry. I faced problems with this. My request is to please solve this.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I have delivered my baby in April 2015 now he 6 months old but till the time my monthly cycle not coming. And I have a very bad pain in my back. Please suggest me.
I have a baby girl of 5 yrs. At the time of delivery I have faced a heavy bleeding problem. There was no chance to survive. But after that l have no problem till now. Can I take 2nd issue. That incident may repeat again. Is it?
My wife got period on may 08. We had sex on 24 may without condom. We checked few tracking apps and knew ovulation date on 22~24. We would like to know if taking tablets to advance period in June would affect pregnancy (if conceives).
A majority of women around the world suffer from ovarian cysts at some point in their life or the other. Thus, being diagnosed with a cyst in the ovaries is usually not something to worry about. In most cases, this cyst will disintegrate on its own within a few months. However, if you’re planning a family and trying to conceive, then it is wise to not ignore an ovarian cyst ,but get it checked out by a gynecologist at the earliest.
The connection between cysts and fertility depends on the type of cyst. Ovarian cysts can be categorized into 5 groups.
- Functional Cysts: Functional cysts are the most common type of cyst women suffer from. This can be seen as a sac on the surface of the ovaries and is formed during or after ovulation. Most of these cysts are harmless and fade away on their own. These cysts do not affect a woman’s chances of conceiving a child or pose any risk to a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
- Cysts formed as a result of polycystic ovary syndrome: Women suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) often have small cysts found in their ovaries. Irregular menstrual cycles and fluctuating hormone levels are also associated with PCOS. Irregular menstrual cycles indicate irregular ovulation which can cause fertility problems and make it difficult for a woman to conceive.
- Endometriomas: Cysts formed by the growth of endometrial tissue inside the ovaries are known as Endometriomas. Endometriomas are benign cysts, but are associated with fertility problems. Surgical removal of these cysts can help improve fertility.
- Cystadenomas: These cysts can be described as growth on the surface of the ovaries. They can be benign or malignant and hence should not be ignored. However, they do not create any fertility problems.
- Dermoid cysts: Dermoid cysts are solid cysts that contain tissues, such as skin or hair in place of fluids. These growths are not associated with infertility.
- CA 125 Levels: CA 125 levels should also be done as it is increased in ovarian cancers.
The development of cysts when pregnant is not uncommon. Small cysts are usually placed under observance and left until after the delivery, but cysts that are bigger than 7cm may need to be removed. Large cysts can cause pain to the mother and create difficulties at the time of delivery. Laparoscopic surgery is the preferred form of surgery to remove ovarian cysts. This surgery can be performed at any point in the pregnancy and does not pose any risk to the fetus.
Here are some herbal tips.
Natural home remedy using flaxseeds
Eat 2 tbsp of flaxseeds every day during periods
This reduces prostaglandin levels in the body
Natural home remedy using ginger, honey, lemon and tea
Prepare black tea
Add to it ½ tsp of crushed ginger
Add 2 tsp lemon juice
Add 1 tsp honey
Drink this tea at regular intervals during the day
Natural home remedy using basil leaves
Crush a handful of basil leaves
Press the paste on a sieve to extract juice
Take 1 glass hot water
Add 2 tsp basil leave juice
Drink thrice everyday
Acupuncture treatment provides pain relief
Include in diet:
These remedies are based on the principles of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian science of healing, and are completely natural, non-invasive, and can be prepared at home. Consult your doctor if the symptoms persist.
Consult for further queries and suggestions.