Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
My wife's. Lmp was on 9/5/15. Tested with prefaces on 10/6/15 with indicated negative, when should we do next pregnancy test. She had some cramps on 1/6/15 but no spotting. What should we do now ?
I have 2 tumors in my uterus. I can't conceive a child also. I am married for 3 years. So what should I do.
I am Ashu, 27 years old. I had so much of back pain and M taking pain killer tablet but still M facing same problems. So please help me. And from last 4 months M facing irregular periods soguidefor this also.
Nuking your food in a tupperware container releases toxic chemicals into the food which enters the body at small doses. When you heat the food contamination further increases. This chemical causes insulin resistance and high blood pressure, two factors in diabetes.
Two phthalates compounds (dinp/didp) found in plastic was associated with high blood pressure.
When pregnant woman is exposed to this compounds it may cause lower iq in babies.
What is the solution?
1. Avoid using plastic containers or plastic wraps when microwaving food
2. Avoid washing plastic containers in dishwashers as plasticizers could leak
3. Avoid plastic containers labeled 3, 6, and 7. These numbers usually appear inside the recycle symbol
4. Conventional heating in stainless steel utensils with lpg gas.
Perhaps you should think twice about bringing those leftovers to work in a plastic container, and automatically popping them into the microwave. Instead, use paper plates, bowls, or other forms of dishware to heat up that day-old food.
Thank you for reading it. I hope it has helped you.
Am married 10 months age my last period was on 29 April this month I did’t get period I did UPT on today it’s negative is there any chances still I can expect for pregnancy?
What is the symptoms of Zika virus and what are the precautions need to take to avoid infection? Thanks in advance.
I am pregnant of 8 months dexadran 4 mg injection has been prescribed by my doctor I want to know the reason for which it has been prescribed.
Calcium Defiency in women
Diet is a well balanced food combination which should be tailored according to personal needs and as circumstances changes specially. The wrong food can fail to nourish us, can keep us awake at night, make us sluggish and overweight or tense us up;
Major points to be kept in mind to plan our diet are:
- Personal Needs.
- Stages of our life.
- Genetic and temperament conditions.
- Clinical condition.
- Personal needs are likes, dislikes and your time availability
- Stages of our life we are in is very important as age plays a major role. So, supplement and manipulation of food group depends on our age.
There are many health problems those arise because of lifestyle we follow:
- Posture-related problems.
- Mental health disorders, like depression and anxiety.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Abnormal heart beats.
- Menstrual problems.
- Acne and other skin problems.
Common deficiencies noted in women are:
Vegetarian and non - vegetarian diet have their unique role in maintaining bone mineral metabolism of body.
- Calcium Deficiency in women makes entire matrix of the bone week, therefore keeping check of calcium in our diet can prevent women from osteoporosis in later ages after menopause. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, with over 99% of the amount present is being found in the bones and teeth. After the age of 35, both men and women start losing calcium from their bones. During menopause, however, the rate of loss increases rapidly for women. It also has a role to play in nerve function, blood clotting, muscle health, and other areas.
- Source of calcium
Learn to combine calcium rich food for proper absorption, food contain oxalic acid prevent ca absorption like spinach and lotus stem.
- Sources of protein: like fish, meat, Poultry, eggs are also important.
- Source of vitamin-D: Vitamin D can be obtained from sun exposure, food like eggs, mushrooms, orange and fish.
- Source of Phosphorus: Phosphorus is found in high amounts in protein rich foods such as milk and milk products and meat and alternatives, such as beans, lentils, nuts, Sunflower Seeds and Broccoli.
Common menstrual problems faced by women are cramps, pcod, menorrhagia, and amenorrhea.
Certain foods like caffeine, alcohol, caffeinated tea and high salt diets increases intensity of cramps. Include 'Ca' rich foods like broccoli, low fat yoghurt, high fiber diets and omega-3 rich foods to help you during your menstrual cycle.
Working women should Try to include energy booster snacks like nuts for mid meals and plan carbohydrate rich diets with more of complex carbs in form of roasted grains and cereals bars. Keeping a check on amount of water intake is also very important. Replace caffeinated drinks with herbal infusion and buttermilk for detoxification of the body.
Ultimately we have to overcome the fatigue, lethargy and all the clinical condition by planning our meals and having a well balanced diet for a healthy body.