Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
I have pupl polyp maybe. Is there any treatment for it? Can it be due to bacterial infection or hiv? I had oral sex 8 months ago. I got tested for stds and hiv regularly till 6 months. All came negative. Why do I have this then?
Hi. My friend got married recently. On December fourth. Her last menstrual cycle was on fifteen of November. She is yet to get her periods. Wat are the chances of pregnancy. Her cycle is usually 28.
M 22 years old, unmarried I feel little pain in the upper side of clitoris I used hair remover cream on th public hair when I did fingering for the first tym. Can it be the reason of the pain. Is it harmful to use the cream Please help. What should I do.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Related Tip: "All About Knee Pain"
Hi It has been 15 days I did not get my periods. I am a virgin. I am 19 years old. Last month I did have a lot of junk food but I have stopped it now. I also have gained 2 kgs. My periods are usually two days early. Am I pregnant? I never had any intercourse? y are my periods this late? my haemoglobin is 11. Please help.
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures. Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 23 and my weight is 55 kg, height is 5'3" I have a fat tummy 33 inches and very little swollen ovaries.. As shown in us of lower abdomen and pcod I get only 8/9 periods in whole year. I don't have thyroid either and normal test are OK like blood test RBC platelets sodium etc What to do? Any home remedy or solution without medicines.
My wife doesn't show any interest in sex. We have been married for 2 years and recently we are blessed with a boy 8 months old. I am getting mentally depressed we also fight often for her lack of interest in sex she doesn't give importance to my feelings always finding some reason to avoid me. I am too much depressed because of this behaviour of her.
After abortion 9 months have passed, breast milk was stored and clotted it became hard in breast, It was so paining now what to do?
I was diagnosed with SLE in 1994. I am on omnacortil 10 mg. I have now been diagnosed with meniers disease and have vertigo. I have small cysts in my left breast and they bleed once in 10 days. I have a poor vision now and am dizzy. please help.
Dear sexolgist, i-pill 72 unwanted medicine preganent ko kitna saal tak rok sakta hai. 21 din medicine ke baad medicine bandh fir 7 din gap ke baad fir naya suru i-pill 72 medicine khana hota hai. Aisa kab tak karna padta hai. Agar 10 saal tak pregnancy bandh karna ho to. Please suggest me.
I am 21 year old. Yesterday I had sex but I and my partner don't think so that we both have done it properly. It's my first time with him and we didn't use protection. My periods is going to be come after 3 days. Should I get pregnant?
I am 22 married. Since 6yrs I am into physical intimacy with my partner, prior to this when I was 11 yrs old dat tym I was being raped by one of the relative for 3 years. My vagina lip is out n too black n it has become too lose that I don't enjoy my sex life with my partner now, nor does he. We get intimate daily n for at least 3 tyms a day. I don't have any kids. please lemme know how can I make it too tight n pink again d way it was in the start. Also my breast has became very lose n downwards. Even that I want in a shape like earlier too tight n round Coz now it has became too lose. Also on my breast dere are stretch marks as it's sloping downwards n lose. please suggest proper care n medicine. Prescription. Thanks for taking the tym to read and providing solution in advance.
Hello doctor. My period is 25 days late. I made a home pregnancy test and the result was negative. To be sure yesterday a went to clinic and have a lower abdominal test and it says that everything is normal. So am I pregnant? And what should I do to have my period.
Mustard oil should be heated upto it's smoking point for cooking or the food tastes bitter. Is this correct.Please tell sir
Hello doctor. My friend had unprotected sex yesterday and after two hours took postpone 72. She was in fertile period. Is there a possibility of her getting pregnant?
I am having mensus problems, on jan 2 2015 laproscopic surgery happened to me, after surgery 2 months mensus not came, after that one month mensus correctly came, now again same problems, heavy bleeding with clots. Please suggest i am 32 age. And weight 89.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!