Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
I am 44 years old female. My complete/full hysterectomy abdominal surgery was done as on 15 June 2015. My doctor advised me to take Tablet Cal-360 in the evening hours and Capsule Osta-eve in the evening hours each day as on 07/07/2015, since then I am taking these medicines. Now I. E. Today when I take bath/press my nipple. Something just like milk comes from my breasts. Is this normal after complete hysterectomy I. E. Removal of both ovaries with uterus. Or what I should do now?. My son is eighteen year old. Please advise me soon. Thanks a lot and good evening.
Ideally, surgical incisions are primarily designed to allow easy access to the desired areas in addition to possibilities of extension, if required. Further, they should be designed to split muscles rather than cut them, with minimal scarring along with the aim of boosting regenerative and healing qualities.
Incisions can be classified under these three groups; Vertical, Transverse and Oblique incisions.
- Vertical incision
1. Midline incision: Almost all abdominal incisions can be performed using this technique. Starting from the midline of the abdomen, it can extend all the way down to the umbilicus.
a) Minimal blood loss
b) Minimal nerve injury
c) Minimal muscle injury
a) Midline scar
2. Paramedian incision: This technique provides more laterality to midline incisions, allowing access to such lateral organs such as spleen, kidney and adrenals.
a) Easy access to lateral structures
b) Closure between incisions in anterior and posterior sheath is more secure
c) Rectus muscle remains undivided
a) More time consuming
b) Difficulty in extension
c) Can result in atrophy of the muscle
3. Mayo-Robson incision: This incision is typically a paramedian incision, but which bend towards the xiphoid process and consequently allows for a larger and wider opening.
- Transverse incision
1. Transverse incision: This type of incision is made just above the umbilicus, and can dissect either one of the rectal muscles.
a) Least amount of pain and damage
b) Muscular segments can be reattached
c) Easier access to upper GI structures
a) Limited lateral access
b) Higher risk of wound infections
2. Subcostal incision: Also referred to as the Kocher subcostal incision, this type of incision starts from the midline and runs parallel to the costal margin. A double Kocher incision is known as a rooftop of Chevron incision and allows for access to the esophagus, kidney, stomach and liver. The Mercedes incision is yet another variant, characterized by a vertical incision from the rooftop incision to form the shape of a Mercedes sign.
a) Heals faster
b) Less risk of post-operative complications
a) Lengthy and time-consuming
- Oblique incisions
They are also known as Thoracoabdominal incisions, these incisions may either be situated in the RUQ or LUQ. They provide entry to the liver, lungs and spleen, as well as to the stomach and esophagus.
- Laparoscopic incision
This technique comprises of tiny cuts in the skin that allow laparoscopic tools and instrument access into the abdominal cavity
Related Tip: "Caring For Your Incision After Surgery?"
Hi my name is Ravikiran. Actually my friend had a sex with her on 9th april, after sex she had taken unwanted 72 tablet also but she is not got her periods till 45 days, what would be the problem.
We had sex for first time, her vagina is tight as well as her ass. So how do we penetrate with ease. And how do you advice us for a first tym fuck. Does oil outside condom acts as a lubricant, tell us few things that we should do for doing a first tym sex.
Having irregular periods some times it doesn't even come for 3 to 4 months and when it does it give very much pain and trouble.
What are the symptoms of pregnancy. I miss my period. No stool from 3 days. Urine passing increase ,Bloating of belly, feeling hungry ,but I didn't vomiting, urine pregnancy test shows negative, I didn't felt to eat Raw mangoes, I didn't felt any changes in my breasts nd nipples. My dad have Hemorrhoids. Am I pregnant doctor. Kindly help me please thank you.
After having sex within how much time we get to know about pregnancy. By what symptoms we come to know.
Good evening doctor, My question is, I have gone follicular study. Day 14th my follicle has been ruptured today is 16th day. We had intercourse 11th day to 15 day daily once is it possible get pregnant or else any signs and symptoms will occur after 15th day. Please tell me i am waiting heard good news or I'll get very disappoint. Thanking you.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients.
In today’s modern, fast paced society, it is easy for people to become stressed. In fact, one would almost think that being stressed is the “in” thing, and if you aren’t stressed it must mean there is something wrong with you! Realistically however, stress is not a good thing for our bodies in general, and has a very real impact on your fertility.
Can Stress Have an Effect on Your Fertility?
If your mind and body is under stress your body is signaled to release a hormone - Adrenalin. This is a stress relieving hormone and gives your body the rush to face the stress. This hormone inhibits the utilization of the hormone Progesterone, which is essential for fertility. Also during stress Prolactin, another hormone, is relapsed which also interferes with infertility. Hence to conceive its essential that your anxiety levels are under control.
How Stress Impacts Fertility?
Recent research tells us that stress boosts levels of stress hormones, such as adrenaline, catecholamines and cortisol, which can inhibit the release of the body’s main hormone, GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), which is responsible for the release of sex hormones. Subsequently this may suppress ovulation in women, reduce sperm count in men and lower libido in both women and men.
Chronic Stress also decreases libido:
Chronic stress may cause lack of libido as well as a decrease in general fertility. This has become such a common issue that they have created a name for it Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction. These facts are very important to consider if you have been trying to conceive with no results. It also shows that stress relief should be a part of every couple's conception plan even if they are going through IVF.
Ways to reduce stress & improve fertility:
If you are having difficulty to conceive, it's imperative that you get fertility tests done and also evaluate your life. Look out for the stress points that may be hindering a relationship. Remember defeating the stress may be the solution to your worries.
- Reduce stress in your life: The issues in your life may be work or result related. You need to learn to balance your personal and professional life. The sooner you do it the better; after all you are preparing yourself to welcome a new born in your life.
- Change your reactions: Get a hang of the situation and react accordingly. Over reaction to a situation can harm your body and mind. Stop bothering so much about the future.
- Let few things be the way they are: Stop getting bothered about people. Remember by nature everything will fall in place. Let few things be the way they are.
- Make it your habit to reduce stress: Call it an obsession or a practice, train your mind to choose options where there is less stress.
- Sleep well: A good rest is essential for a healthy mind and body. Meditate, do yoga or seek counseling. Go for facials if it sooths you.
Please note that if your fertility reports are normal, then it's just a matter of time. Give you, your partner and your body time. There are certain medical complications or disorders that can also be responsible for infertility. Be calm and composed so that you are able to face the rough waters clearly with your partner.
I am 20 years old. I got my last period on 18-8-2016. I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 17-9-2016. But he pour all the semen out of my body. Maybe 1-2 drops went inside me. I have not got my period till now. Yesterday morning I did pregnancy test, it was negative. I never had such a delay in my period. On last period I had taken a pain killer bcz the pain was killing me. Pls tell me what is the problem.
I am on birthcontrol pills since 7 months (loette) I do not actually know if is it very effective or not. dance 7 months. I did not have any problem. However this month. I had sex on the 7th day of my period. N I think he had ejaculated inside me. I do not want to get pregnant. Is der anything I can do about it? Will I be pregnant? Within how many days can I take a pregnancy test to be sure about it. N are der any home remedies to avoid pregnancy? Pls also tell me the effectiveness of the pills I take (loette) I take them regularly without any fail.
Is is safe to take nutrilite tri-folic tab (as it is written consult your doctor in case of pregnancy) for pregnant women, also ARG 9, surgical SACHET (while searching on Google it is used for hypertension) and are these to also protein sachet for pregnant women. Is it safe?
Doctors pls help me. 2 weeks hua me pregnent hu mjhe baby ni chahiye abhi abortion pillls kha rhi me mifepristone 2 day h agr period ni start hua obortion krana hoga me medicine se hi thik krna chahti hu. Plss koi to tarika idea hoga plsss help doctors with safely.
My wife is pregnant and she completed 8 month 7 days but from last 10 days she has problem of having high bp about 150/ 100 or 140 / 90 and problem of protein going in urine report ++ protein doctor given her medicine to control bp at first Dr. Given lobet and has change and given alphadopa medicine so I want to know at this stage what to do is there any risk factor for child.
Mistakes that sabotage a good diet
Eating healthy, eating clean can sometimes be very confusing. With more and more new information coming up every day, one cannot comprehend what is healthy and what not. However, if you understand a few mistakes that can literally sabotage your good diet, you can surely be assured of eating healthy and clean.
1. You can be wrong with juices
Everyone thinks a glass of orange juice or any other fruit juice can do wonders for your health. But the truth is that you will be better off eating the whole fruit rather than the juice.
Why? for the simple reason, that juices lack the fiber content found in fruits. The fibers slow down the digestion of sugar in the fruit whereas their absence in the juice causes the blood sugar to spike and results in insulin resistance.
Besides, packaged juices contain hardly any real fruit, all flavoring and concentrate apart from added sugar, a big wrong in eating clean.
2. Drinking your protein? na! that can be wrong too!
People like bodybuilders, gym goers drink a lot of protein shakes to get their proteins supplemented. However, protein shakes are ok for those who are on the go or for replacing meals sometimes but they cannot be altogether substituted for protein intake.
Your protein must come from your food. Meat, fish, pulses, eggs and dairy cannot be replaced by shakes since you will definitely miss out the nutritional value that whole foods provide.
Besides, protein shakes may have a lot of artificial constituents and refined sugar that can be really bad for you.
3. Can't understand food labels properly? a great mistake!
With more and more people working, many on the move, packaged food cannot be altogether avoided. However, one must make sure to read and understand the food labels.
The food labels reveal what is inside the package. Anything that has the label - organic, raw or gluten-free is not surely healthy. One must know about ingredients especially things like msg, aspartame (artificial sweeteners) etc. That can be really unhealthy.
4. Sugar may be hidden somewhere
Calorie-conscious? avoiding sweets?
Well, even though you are very careful about selecting what you eat and avoid anything that tastes sweet, some sugar may still be hiding in your food increasing your calorie intake, without you knowing about it. Foods like tomato ketchup, pasta sauce, low-fat biscuits/crackers or low-fat dairy products, sandwich bread may all be hiding sugar almost equivalent to that present in a piece of cake. You must learn about hidden sugars and its alternatives to truly understand what you are eating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.