Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
The sugar found in our food is of two kinds mainly – sucrose and fructose.
Sucrose or the table sugar increases blood sugar levels and initiates the pancreas to release insulin forces the sugar into cells, thus contributing to fat formation.
Fructose on the other hand acts upon the liver and hence no insulin is secreted. But fructose is more detrimental to health as it releases the hormone for hunger – ghrelin making us hungrier; one continues to eat, leading to weight gain. Fructose is found in corn syrup which is used to sweeten most processed and packed foods.
Here are top 7 reasons why you should get away from this addictive white powder:
- Sugar and cancer: over consumption of sugar has been found to cause cancer. Studies have linked elevated blood sugar levels to cancers in women. Moreover, pancreatic cancer uses fructose to initiate a particular process that aids rapid cell division. Extra sugar present in the bloodstream feeds the cancer cells.
- Impact on liver: sugar overdose hits the liver and causes the liver cells to bloat up and become fatter. This leads to liver complications and conditions like fatty liver disease. Research shows that extra calories fatten the liver cells first by 27% while external body gains hardly 2% of fat.
- Hurts your heart: excess sugar in the diet contributes to heart diseases and may even damage your arteries. Sugar is known to deplete good cholesterol levels in the blood. Prolonged exposure of the arterial inner walls to sugar causes it to get irritated and less responsive to body’s healing mechanisms. This results in malabsorption of oxygen and other nutrients into the cells.
- Addictive properties of sugar: sugar evokes addictive responses within our body which make us crave for it even more. It is a never-ending struggle that is triggered by the feel good hormones like dopamine in our body. However, the receptors that release dopamine weaken over time and hence need more sugar to get activated which leaves us wanting for more.
- Aids in ageing: fructose especially contributes to ageing by boosting cell damage and causing cells to die faster. Sugars can also cause wrinkles as they are capable of breaking down the collagen and elastin of skin, which are responsible for the tightness and glow of the skin.
- Causes mental anxiety: kicking back on sugar will help you feel more relaxed and less stressed. Excess sugars can also cause depression and reduce cognitive abilities like memory and so on.
- Bad teeth and bones: sugar binds with the bacteria of the mouth to form acid that diminishes the quality of your teeth. Similarly, sugar works to deplete vital minerals like calcium which causes osteoporosis and bone loss. Lastly, sugar directly leads to weight gain and diabetes, the silent killer.
I did my first test for pregnancy using test kit. To reconfirm I have done it twice and it seems I have conceived now. With this I am facing few following symptoms. My belly bloated although it is only 10-15 days after I conceived. Is it normal or any kind of complications. Waiting for valuations suggestions. Thanks, Tapaswini.
Dear sir /mam Meri wife 23 years ki he wo 8 month pregnant he uaki vegina se white sa liquid niklta he Or agar me without condom relation banata hu to mere panis me chale pad jate he 1st month pregnancy se hi yahi problem he Kya koi bata sakta he ki usko koi desease to nahi he.
Hello doctor I am having trouble in my periods they are not propper and days had reduced from five to three in which even blood flow is not propper suggest me wat to do its alot paining
What's are the stuffs or works I should avoid or be aware of to become conceive? How many days in a week I can mate to become pregnant?
My mom is 50 years old and her periods is stopped its almost a year. Before she was not having tummy but now she has. Want to know is there any way to reduce it.
I am having rubella virus in my report and I had conceived a baby. What should I do wthr to abort this child or give brth?
I am single and i am 34 years old female. Before my periods I fall sick. I start getting high temperature, headache, Cold n backache. I suffer through out the completion of my periods. Thereafter I am fine. How to resolve this and stay healthy. Please advice.
Thanks for all doctors who suggest or answer me .i am pregnant now. Please help me what I will do or not do in pregnancy?
People who eat fruit and #vegetables as part of their daily diet have a reduced risk of many chronic diseases. Usda's my plate encourages making half your plate fruits and vegetables.
Vegetables are an important part of healthy eating and provide a source of many #nutrients, including potassium, fiber, folate (folic acid) and vitamins a, e and c. Options like #broccoli, spinach, #tomatoes and #garlic provide additional benefits, making them a superfood!
Potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Dietary fiber from vegetables helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
Folate (folic acid) helps the body form healthy red blood cells. Women of childbearing age who may become pregnant and those in the first trimester of pregnancy need adequate folate to reduce the risk of neural tube defects and spina bifida during fetal development.
I am suffering from vaginal discharge. What I should do to stop it. It is very irritating me .so please can you suggest any remedy. My periods are regular but I will get period for 21 days.
My baby is now 16 months now, I want to stop breast feeding, how to make her to stop breast feeding as I have tried in many ways but she insist for it before going to sleep.
I am 22 years old female I was suffering from lupus still under treatment feeling very weak and having joints pains specially legs are paining a lot all the time and I want to know that will be normal again as before or not.
Folliculitis is an inflammation of the hair follicles. Each hair on your body grows out of a tiny pouch called a follicle. You can have folliculitis on any part of your body that has hair. But it is most common on the beard area, arms, back, buttocks, and legs. You are more likely to get folliculitis if you:
- Use a hot tub, whirlpool, or swimming pool that is not properly treated with chlorine.
- Wear tight clothes.
- Use or work with substances that can irritate or block the follicles. Examples include makeup, cocoa butter, motor oil, tar, and creosote.
- Have an infected cut, scrape, or surgical wound. The bacteria or fungi can spread to nearby hair follicles.
- Have a disease such as diabetes or HIV that lowers your ability to fight infection.