Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
I have 5 month pregnancy my baby is breech position and before 12 days also breech position please tell me kya mujhe hcg ke injection lena chahiye?
I'm stable on aripiprazole 10mg from 2yrs. withdrawal of it lead to relapse episodes. I want to conceive, please suggest me, aripiprazole safe in pregnancy or not? Im very tensed.
Am 33 aged -suffering problem of over weight-inspite of my planned diet-there is no result-i dont have thyroid but taking treatment for PCOS but under control as per latest reports-plz suggesting the way to over come my problem
Whenever I was in periods there is heavy pain occur in my belly and back. So that I can not even walk or move. Was it normal? Because some of girls don't have any pain during this.
Numerous clinical researches have been conducted in the field of acupuncture and they have found that acupressure is extremely effective in treating some diseases. It is very good for treating the diseases of muscles, joints and bones which are collectively known by the name of the musculo-skeletal system. Regardless of whether you are suffering from a chronic pain or a pain arising from a sudden injury, acupressure can immensely help in alleviating the symptoms.
- Treatment of osteoarthritis: This is the most common variant of arthritis and can be caused as a result of continuous tearing down of the system. It normally occurs in older people and can also affect the lower back along the spine, hips, knees, shoulders and elbows. The pain caused due to arthritis normally fluctuates and acupressure can help in relieving it.
- A quick relief to sprains: Sprains or sudden injuries normally respond well to acupressure. This kind of pain usually lasts for a week or so, and acupuncture can work effectively once a clear health evaluation has been made. For instance, if you are exposed to a sudden injury on your shoulders, the pain arising out of it can last for months and even years together. But acupressure can prevent the pain from turning chronic and offers an instant relief to soothe it.
- Helping the rheumatic pains: A great deal of experiments and research works have been conducted for finding the effects of acupuncture for calming the pain arising from rheumatism. If you are on the acute, early and inflammatory stage of rheumatism, then you will need a treatment so that the ailment traverses to its residual stage which can be substantially treated through acupressure. It also helps in treating various types of chronic pains and as a result, many experts suggest this treatment.
- Different types of headaches: Headaches can be caused due to a number of factors ranging from migraines to dental problems, from sinusitis to stress and from neck arthritis to head injuries. Migraine deserves a special mention here as it is triggered by a variety of factors like light, heat, noise and some kinds of foods. It leads to a throbbing pain that is often accompanied by vomiting and nausea, visual flashes and patterns before the eyes. Acupressure is a viable solution to these issues and it can help to a great degree if you take acupressure treatment on a regular basis.
All of these troubles can be treated with acupressure, but it is recommended to speak with a doctor before you opt for the treatment in order to evaluate your clinical history and physical condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Due to my one week delay in my monthly cycle and slight spotting around my ovulation period, I visited a doctor who prescribed some basic tests to get done. In my USG there was a reflection of PCOS which further was followed by blood test. I got my report but since I am on travel, I would need help in understanding the report. Prolactin 38.9 Ng/ml TSH 4.78 mlu/L Rest everything seems to be normal. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I am 34 year old female. I have vaginal itching from 5 years consultant with gyne, skin and psychiatrist but no relief I suffer lot but according to doctors there are nothing what I do?
Hi, Have STD I consulted with doctor abut this, they conforms that you have std. They gave some tablet and they put antibiotics injection for me. After the treatment, 9 days after I had an sex with one Due to this sexual for me by any chance to get STD infection again Or it leads to HIV? But still I have itches on tip of pennis (top edge skin) and little poul smell There is no more itches, pain, and irritation during urine and sexual times And there is no discharge in pennis Due to this sexual after the treatment makes me so scary and afraid of it.
The uterine cavity has a tissue base that is known as the endometrium. When this endometrium spills over or spreads to the other parts of the reproductive organ, it begins to punch through the uterine lining. Such a condition creates complications and even infertility, and is known as endometriosis.
Read on to know more about endometriosis and how it can cause infertility.
When the endometrium tissue spreads to areas like the ovaries, and the abdominal cavity, it can lead to numerous complications. Apart from pain, this may also cause infertility. 5 to 10% of the women worldwide suffer from this condition and have trouble conceiving. Additionally, about 30 to 40% of the infertility cases are due to endometriosis, not all cases. These figures are all confirmed by various medical studies.
How does it cause infertility?
Endometriosis can prevent ovulation, which is the process that occurs every month. During the ovulation process, the ovaries release eggs that may be fertilised in order for the woman to conceive. In this condition, the fimbria of the fallopian tubes also has trouble in capturing the egg, which prevents conception from taking place. This leads to infertility in the long run. Endometriosis also interferes with the proper production of the hormones that are required for normal ovulation and fertilisation of the egg.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of lab tests and ultrasounds as well as imaging tests that can create the image of the womb and the endometrium lining. This will help in showing the severity and damage caused by the tissue. A surgical procedure called a laparoscopy may be carried out by the doctor to ascertain whether the patient is suffering from this condition. In this procedure, a small incision will be made and a camera will be inserted to view the insides on a screen, to learn more about the tissue’s spread and the kind of treatment that will be required. The doctor will also diagnose the condition on the basis of various symptoms like irregular and heavy bleeding.
Treatment for endometriosis associated with infertility needs to be individualized for each woman. There are no easy answers, and treatment decisions depend on factors such as the age of the woman, the severity of the disease and its location in the pelvis, the length of infertility, and the presence of pain or other symptoms. Some general issues regarding treatment are discussed below.
Treatment for Mild Endometriosis
Medical (drug) treatment can suppress endometriosis and relieve the associated pain in many women. Surgical removal of lesions by laparoscopy might also reduce the pain temporarily.
However, several well-controlled studies have shown that neither medical or surgical treatment for mild endometriosis improving the pregnancy rates for infertile women as compared to expectant management (no treatment).
For treatment of infertility associated with mild to moderate endometriosis, controlled ovarian hyperstimulation with intrauterine insemination - IUI is often attempted and has a reasonable chance to result in pregnancy if other infertility factors are not present.
Details about IUI success rates with endometriosis
IUI and endometriosis
Success rates with IUI for endometriosis have been variable in studies, showing:
- A pregnancy rate of 6.5% for women with endometriosis vs. 15.3% per cycle for unexplained infertility
- A pregnancy rate of 5.6% for women with advanced endometriosis vs. 22.7% per cycle for mild endometriosis vs. 25.7% for no endometriosis
- Pregnancy chances with insemination for natural cycle IUIs (no drugs) with endometriosis are about 2% per cycle vs. 11% with injectables plus IUI for endometriosis
Treatment for severe endometriosis
Several studies have shown that medical treatment for severe endometriosis does not improve pregnancy rates for infertile women.
Unfortunately, infertility in women with severe endometriosis is usually resistant to treatment with ovarian stimulation plus intrauterine insemination. If the pelvic anatomy is very distorted, artificial insemination is unlikely to be successful. These women often require in vitro fertilization in order to conceive.
Although the studies of in vitro fertilization for women with severe endometriosis do not all show similar results, pregnancy success rates are usually good if the woman is relatively young (under 40) and if she produces enough eggs during the ovarian stimulation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!