Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
I have two paravorian cyst in my right ovarian and I have not conceived till now. My doctor said it has to be removed before or after conceiving through laproscopy. I just want to ask that Is it important to remover that? Is there any risk after that surgery or anything that is not known to me?
Hello doctor, my age is 23 year and its 1 and half year of my marriage. I am having irregular periods. Sometimes it comes on exact 30 days and sometimes it takes up to 45 days. Before 2 month I went to my gynecologist and and she did my all the testing and told me that my both ovaries has more then 20 follicle but there is no dominating follicle. She suggest me pregnacare conception tab daily once in a day and metmorphin once in a day 500 mg. And duphaston from day 18 to 27 twice in a day. I was getting my periods from last two month on exact 35th day of my periods. This month doctor told me to take duphaston from day 20 to 27 and today is 40th day of my cycle and my periods are missing. I did home pregnancy test and blood pregnancy test also but both are negative. I am not understanding whats going on. Can you tell me the problem of not getting periods.
The human body works as directed by the various hormones released by the endocrine system. These hormones are essential for coordination of various body functions. From the height a person achieves to the metabolic reactions in the body to the reproductive cycle to the stress levels a person can handle, all are hormone controlled.
Pregnancy is another critical, complicated phase that a woman goes through. It is one of the most awaited phases in a woman’s life; however, it is not very simple either. The above-noted hormones play a major role in this pregnancy, as the baby is dependent on the mother for its initial supply of hormones until it can start producing its own hormones. If the baby does not receive the require amounts, there could be various detrimental effects during development and post birth.
Hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid is extremely common in women and there are multiple theories about how hypothyroidism can affect a woman’s chances of getting pregnant. While the correlation between hypothyroidism and pregnancy are quite well researched, a strong connection stating hypothyroid women being not able to be pregnant is yet to be proven.
The following are some correlations between hypothyroidism and pregnancy.
Increased chance of miscarriage: Women with reduced thyroid functions have double the chances of having a miscarriage. Women suffering from thyroid are at a risk of recurrent miscarriages during the first trimester. The chances of miscarriages during the second trimester are also about 40% higher in hypothyroid women. These women are also at a risk of:
- Premature labour
- Low birth weight
- Increased chances of stillbirth
- Maternal anemia
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Developmental defects and/or delays in the newborn
- Placental abruption
- High blood pressure
One of the reasons identified for infertility in women is hypothyroidism. This range varies from 1% to 40% and so remains to be proven still. In addition, the hypothyroid mother will have a set of symptoms to live through, which may be further complicated given the pregnancy. Thyroid replacement should be religiously done and monitored to ensure TSH levels are at the optimal required levels (2.5 to 3 mIU/L) during the entire duration of pregnancy.
If you have the following, be sure to go through a comprehensive thyroid screening before and during pregnancy.
- Family history of thyroid
- History of thyroid dysfunction or goitre or thyroid antibodies
- Clinical signs and symptoms suggestive of hypothyroidism
- History of repeated miscarriages
- History of head and neck radiation
- Family/personal history of autoimmune disorders
While it still remains to be proven that hypothyroidism per se can stop a woman from being pregnant, there are definitely effects of hypothyroidism on the developing child and the mother. A comprehensive screening and close monitoring through pregnancy are extremely essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Me and my girlfriend had sex 42 days ago and she had to take i-pill on 2 consecutive days within 3 hours of sex. She had light bleeding after 7 days. But now she is 4 days late. What could be the reason for this?
I am 24 years old male and going to have sex first time that's why don't want to use any protection but don't want pregnancy also. Please suggest needful.
I am 26 years old, since 4 years I am suffering with PCOD problem and heavy hair fall, weight gain, 5 months back I got married. I want to get rid of this PCOD problem. Please Health me.
I had started taking contraceptive pills named femilon. The dose of 21 tablets got completed on 15th of this month When should I expect my periods to arrive. When I should start the new dose After 21 days of dose and before the beginning of new dose should I use some other precautions to avoid pregnancy during that span of time.
Being able to pleasure your woman in bed can be a very rewarding experience. However, you must know that the key point in pleasing your partner is to bring variety. It is said that variety is the spice of life and it is certainly the case, especially in the bed room. To provide variety, you need to know certain points in her body which are erogenous in nature:
- Head: The skin on the human head is pleasurable to the touch and that is the reason head massages feel so good. If you stimulate the scalp correctly, feel good hormones called oxytocin and serotonins are released in the body. It also increases blood flow to your partner's brain and her entire body. So next time, don't just kiss and cuddle, but also stroke her head. The result will be phenomenal.
- Ears: Ears usually get less attention although there are many nerve endings present in them. This makes them an extremely erogenous spot. Your partner can be aroused by a light caress near the ear or even soft music while you are cuddling together.
- Lips: The lips are the most sexually exposed parts of the body. A huge number of nerve endings are present in the lips. Stimulating the lips also a feel good hormone which affect not only your partner's emotions but also her lady parts. This reason makes the act of kissing the lips extremely essential for couples.
- Neck: The neck is another very active erogenous zone within the female body and is sensitive to even the lightest touch. It is also an extremely sexy place to touch and kiss your partner. Even a gentle breath on the neck can arouse her. It is a great place to sexually stimulate her.
- Nipples: The nipples are extremely sensitive and erogenous in nature. If you are able to stimulate them properly, your partner will experience the same pleasure she will derive from the stimulation of her clitoris and her vagina. Some women can even orgasm from the stimulation of nipples.
Some of the other erogenous parts include the clitoris, the inner thighs, the lower back and her feet. Just feel free to explore them in her body, and you will be able to give her the pleasure you wanted to. Also, remember every woman is different and while certain things may be sexy for one person it may not be the same for another person and ensure that you communicate with her regarding what she likes and dislikes.