Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
I have completed 14 weeks of pregnancy and my first combined test (First trimester test+ NT scan) looks fine. Doctor recommended next scan (Anomaly scan) on 19 weeks. Here my question is do I need to start any vitamin tablet now. Also can anyone tell me what are all other scan and medication I need to take for normal pregnancy and followed by natural delivery. Thanks, Tapaswini.
Which oral pills are best available in India to take for the whole month every day, which helps not to get pregnant.
Coriander leaves are largely used for seasoning and in chutneys across india. Its seeds are also used in making regular indian dishes, giving them a distinct flavour and fragrance. What a lot of us might not know is that it has numerous health benefits.
Some of them are as follows.
1) Coriander assists in increasing milk flow for better breastfeeding.
2) As a culinary spice, it also negates any chance of food poisoning.
3) Essential oils cineole and linoleic acid which are present in coriander enable it to help reduce arthritis and rheumatism.
4) Coriander is also effective on conditions like swelling due to kidney malfunction or anemia.
5) It has antifungal, antioxidant, antiseptic, disinfectant and detoxifying properties which make it useful in curing skin problems like dryness, fungal infection and eczema.
6) It has certain acids which are said to be very effective in reducing levels of cholesterol in the blood, along with reducing the level of bad cholesterol all the while, raising the levels of good cholesterol.
7) Borneol and linalool found in coriander aid reducing diarrheas, digestion and proper functioning of liver. It also fights against salmonella bacteria
8) It is also used to prevent stomach disorders, vomiting and nausea.
9) Consumption of coriander assists in reducing blood pressure in many people suffering from hypertension.
10) Coriander also has antiseptic properties; it heals ulcers of the mouth and wounds.
11) Being high in iron content, coriander is highly beneficial for those suffering from anemia.
12) It protects against urinary tract infection.
13) Coriander is rich in phytonutrients and flavonoids too.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
Masturbation While Married: Male-Female Differences
Married people - or people in committed, long-term relationships - tend to have more partner-based sex than people not in such a relationship, according to a number of surveys and reports. But that does not mean that masturbation goes out the window when a person gets married. Since masturbation plays a role in maintaining penis health (and vaginal health as well), that's a good thing. But do married men and women view masturbation the same way? A recent study suggests they do not.
Coming to terms
For the purposes of this article, "married" is going to refer to a couple which is in a long-term, committed relationship, even if they are not officially married. And "masturbation" will refer to the act of engaging in self-stimulation of a person's own genitals in a private setting. (In other words, mutual masturbation, which might be considered as part of partner-based sex, will not be counted as masturbation.)
Most of the information in this piece is drawn from a recent study published by the Archives of Sexual Behavior and entitled "Masturbation and Partnered Sex: Substitutes or Complements?" This study was conducted by doctors at the University of Texas at Austin and Brigham Young University. It has a large sample size - 7648 men and 8090 women, all from the United States. As the scientists state in their summary, "we explored the association between sexual frequency and masturbation, evaluating the evidence for whether masturbation compensates for unavailable sex, complements (or augments) existing paired sexual activity, or bears little association with it."
In other words, they wanted to look at whether people in a relationship who had more or less sex were more or less likely to masturbate, and what might be the reason for the masturbation.
Not surprisingly, men reported masturbating more frequently than did women (a reflection of reports from other studies on the frequency of masturbation reported by the genders). But sexual contentment seemed to play a strong role in a person's masturbatory frequency.
For example, 79% of sexually discontented men who had not had sex recently reported that they masturbated. But 60% of sexually discontented men who had had sex four or more times recently also reported masturbating. Men who were sexually content (which was only 42% of the sample) reported significantly less masturbation - even if they had NOT had sex recently.
Interestingly, women were who sexually content (57%) and had had sex 4 or more times recently were more likely to masturbate than the sexually content women who had NOT had sex - 33% vs. 21%.
One theory that this data suggests is that married men often masturbate to make up for the fact that they are discontented sexually, whereas women who are sexually content may masturbate more as a way of complementing their sexual satisfaction.
The fact that only a minority of married men report sexual satisfaction seems significant, and it's worth exploring what causes that discontent. Is it the quality of the sex, the frequency, or some other factor(s)?
None of this is to say that masturbation among married people is necessarily negative. Many individuals in a relationship masturbate quite happily and contentedly. But there is clearly more to learn about this aspect of married life.
Whether married or single, masturbation is usually a big part of a man's life, and he will masturbate more happily if his penis is in prime health. Regular application of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) helps maintain that health. Since masturbation-based friction often causes some raw skin damage, using a crème that can rehydrate the penis skin. For this purpose, a crème with both a natural moisturizer (such as vitamin E) and a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) is required. Ideally, the crème should also include L-carnitine. Frequent penile use often leads to a loss of sensation due to peripheral nerve damage, and L-carnitine is an effective agent to help with this issue.
Hi, I am 26 years old I am married and want to conceive, from past 4 months I am under a gynae treatment for polycystic ovaries.(med- glyciphage sr500 and pco care forte, folinze. And also I have reduced 2.5 kg weight from my actual weight 72 kg, height is 5.5 feet. Kindly let me know soon how I can get pregnant? please advise.
What are the things which a girl should keep in mind when she have sex for the first time? What is the safe time to have sex to avoid pregnancy without using any barrier?
Twice I got miscarriage and later I was convinced in May-28-2015 was my due date. But didn't got labor pain so I went admitted in hospital on 27th may-2015 doctor inserted pain killer for labor pain. But still I didn't got pain later again around 9.00 on I got heavy pain and cold. Around midnight I got heavy vomiting doctors came got heart beat is gone low. So they did emergency c section but no use. I lost my boy baby on 28th May-2015. Now I am planning for babies later six months. But too much back pain and body pain. Please tell me know what should be done to become pregnant again soon.
What is the best food for pregnant, and some old persons suggested that egg is harmful to pregnant as well as to child. It's correct or not?
Menstruation is a reality of life for women. There are several options like pads, tampons, menstrual cups and panty liners to deal with menstruation. However, there is often a comparison between pads and tampons - as to which one is a better option. Here is an insight to guide you to what's better for you that also ensures your good vaginal health.
Pads have been occupying the most favorite position among women since a long time and it's the best option if you have just started your period. Tampons are discreet and are the best option for swimmers and athletes as it allows greater freedom of movement. Both have been proven to provide efficient period protection but it really depends on your preference and comfort with a particular product.
Size and fragrance
Both pads and tampons come in various shapes and sizes suiting everyone's preferences. There are large, extra large and even pads with wings to cope with the intensity of flow. Both the products have fragrant variations to combat the pungent period smell.
Impact on vaginal health
The vaginal area harbors microorganisms which are needed to maintain its PH balance. Pads do not affect the PH level but the fragrance can cause irritation which is present in both the products. Pads and Tampons should be changed at regular intervals to avoid leakage or
infection. Pads do not have harmful effects on your vaginal health generally if you are not
allergic to the material which can cause skin rash. The impact of tampons on the vaginal health is a controversial topic.
Many studies show that tampons contain many chemicals to make them super absorbent, which are harmful. Small traces of dioxin are found which influences the reproductive tissue and immune system. Tampons have a tendency of absorbing everything including the microorganisms needed in the vagina to maintain its PH level.
Both tampons and pads have some impact on the vaginal health, but which one you choose really depends on your preference. It is advised to oversee their compatibility with the vaginal area before committing to any of them.
I am 24 years married as I am having pcod problem I had my laparoscopy and took treatment for pregnancy as there was no result came, as I put on my weight so one of my suggested me a ayurvedic treatment as I am taking it now they have have me several test to do as I got a reports they said again the same pcod problem is there and gave a tablets so I want to have a detail of the reports.
I am 25 years female. Married 2 years. I have my baby of 9 months old. I had my periods last month 3 aug it was 10 days before my date. Now it is 25 of september I did not have my periods uptill now. On 12 sep I did UPT but it should negative. On 19 sep I consulted a doc she asked me to take sustain 300 for five nights. I am quite confuse with my health. I really want to know the actual about my health y are the issues related to my periods .i m really worried.
Hi I am navdeep kaur. 25 years old. I am married. My mensus period is 40-45 days from last 2-3 years even when I was unmarried. Please tell me suggestion.
How can I control my belly and waist as after delivery of my first girl child both of them getting to large.
Hi , going to have intercourse with my girlfriend after two days, ie, on 12th or 13th of August , want to know which pill can she take after intercourse to avoid pregnancy and within which time window, please explain in detail a bit. Also for my self, want to know if I want to enjoy full night with her which pill like viagra, can take to maintain my erection and strength so that we can enjoy all moments. Pill that can be safe and have no side effects, not for regular use. Please help.
I am a 27 year old lady. I have hypothyroid and pcos since 2010. I am taking a 50mg tablet for thyriod along ith a 5 mg folic acid tablet daily since 2010 and my thyroid remains in the range of 3.5 to 4.5 in the tsh test. Now I have been married since the past 2.5 years and I wish to get preagnant. What precautions or treatment should I do to ensure a safe preagnancy? will pcos hinder my getting preagnant? is there any teratment for pcos?
I had my delivery on 02.12.2016. But my periods stops since then and four & a half months has been passed. I want to know is it normal after delivery or something problematic situation?
At times I feel like having unprotected sex with my partner but we do not because hes afraid if something goes wrong! I know is not right but yes I want to feel him properly just for 1 time n I do not feel good with protection What do I do? What is the right time for unprotected sex? I should go for it or not?
How do I overcome irregular menstruation problem? How do we cure Anemia and increase the percentage of hemoglobin?
Fibroid size of uterus is non-harmful till what size, my sis is 10cm, not willing for surgery, is it an emergency.?
Successful living is a state where the mind and body are in perfect sync. In this state, one is able to make use of all of the available resources to live happily and with satisfactory results as far as life, work and relationships go. This does not mean that there are absolutely no problems. It simply means that you look at the problems and challenges as opportunities for growth, and solve them to live to the best of your abilities.
So what are the rules for successful living? Here is our list!
- Believe and Understand: While you may have heard the phrase, 'Believe in yourself', you would not have heard the word understand associated with it on a normal basis. Yet, the crux of the matter is this to believe, you must understand. Believing in your abilities is one side of the coin. Understanding your limitations is the other side. So, once you have both things in place, it becomes easier to plan your actions in a realistic manner. When you believe in your competence and understand your limitations, you will either take on those tasks that will be commensurate with your skills, or you will equip yourself with higher skills so as to take on even more varied activities and tasks.
- Simplify: This is an often repeated and extremely underrated term. To be more organised, you do not merely need the latest modular fittings in your home and office. One of the aspects of simplifying is decluttering. When you declutter, you are effectively removing all those things that do not serve you. If these things were to remain in front of you, they will only serve to expend your energy with thoughts of wastage and wastage of time as well, since you will be working your way through chaos to get to your core.
- Moderation: Simplification and moderation go hand in hand. Superfluous acts may give instant gratification, but they do not serve you in the long run. They strip you of self-control and can even alienate you from your relationships as you get closer to things rather than people. So, it is good to have a healthy dose of everything in your life for true balance and successful living.
- Perspective: If problems are bogging you down, then there are chances that your perspective is all wrong. Being more open and looking at the big picture are two sure shot ways of ensuring that the problems come and go without affecting your equilibrium.
Being in the moment and putting your family first is a part of creating a balanced situation in life where judegments, material wants and egos will not matter.