Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex a numerous of times after my last period, I have a missed period by a week now. Taken a few pregnancy tests and they say negative? I have a few pains as if my period has started or that I'm on but I'm not? Could I be pregnant even though the tests say negative now? Don't understand? Help please.
I get pain while urinating and sometime blood comes out while urine and this symptoms are from a week.
Sir, After my delivery my stomach is same as if I am carrying. Mines was operation. Not normal delivery. To flatten my stomach. I am in diet and doing exercise also. Please help me.
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Coconut oil is popularly used as cooking oil and also as a hair care and body oil. It is generally viewed as a substance in which nutritious food is cooked in. But the fact is that, coconut oil itself is a superfood that has tremendous health benefits. The oil itself is a source of nutrition to our body! it can be consumed as cooking oil or can also be directly applied onto the various parts of the body.
1. Rich source of vitamin e - coconut oil is rich in vitamin e which is ideal for both skin and hair. It can be used for repairing damaged hair and skin by direct application as well.
2. Slows ageing - this oil slows down the ageing process by defending various good body fats and several tissues from damage.
3. Aids weight loss - it promotes weight loss and is considered as ideal cooking oil to be used in food while reducing weight.
4. Protects your body - it also is a great moisturizer of the skin and helps in battling oxidants inside the body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Sir as my wife date of periods is 28 March as her last period was on 28 feb as today it is 30 but from past two days she is getting very little bleeding rare ones in a day, is she in period or pregnant pls we are not. Able to clear our mind as we are lil confused.
1) Watermelon - Watermelons have more water than pulp and are easily available. Not only will this relax you but also hydrates you at the end of a very tiring day.
2) Cucumber - With less than 20 calories in a cup of cucumbers, this hydrating food is ideal to carry with lunch boxes to work, or eat at home. They cool and hydrate you at the same time. The seeds are also known to be high in nutrients and health benefits.
3) Tomatoes - Tomatoes and their health benefits are widely known. They cool your stomach and hydrate you. Tomatoes are also good for diabetes and cardio-vascular problems, and are a rich source of many nutrients like dietary fiber, vitamins ? C, A, E, K and B6, potassium and many more.
4) Lemon - Lemon is a super food. Mixed with water, in different temperatures, it helps in weight loss to combating dehydration. Mixed in water with a pinch of salt and a spoonful of sugar, the lemon water mixture is known to cool, energise and hydrate the body.
5) Curd - This is a staple in most Indian homes. Store bought or homemade, it is good to eat a small bowl full of curd every day. A delicious coolant, you can spice it up any way you wish to - by adding fruits to it, or by adding masalas or by eating it straight with just a tiny pinch of salt.
6) Coconut water - Easily available on road sides, coconut water is your ideal drink on the go. While you can surely have it at home, it is highly recommended for students and professionals who are out in the sun, during the day. An immediate energizer, coconut water can be your savior from heat spells.
7) Melons - Just like watermelons, melons and muskmelons too have high water content. The fruit is said to have 90 percent water apart from the nutrients.
8) Buttermilk - Easy to make and easily available in the market, buttermilk can be customized as per individual taste. It is light in the tummy, cools and dehydrates the system.
9) Mint - An inexpensive herb, mint has amazing cooling qualities. Churn it into chutney or just drop a few leaves into your bottle of drinking water, these leaves will keep your insides cool and mind fresh with their mild fragrance.
10) Onions - Red onions in particular are known to have very high water content. Include them in your meals or have them raw, how you eat is up to you.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 44 years old woman. I am feeling very slight pain in my left breast on left side. It is not regular pain. If I touch it while changing my cloths or sleep on the left side. Please suggest is there any problem.
I am 27 years old working lady having weight around 80 kg, I wants to conceive, can you please suggest me how much weight should be there for conceive and other additional information?
Hi I was married and I am not getting pregnancy it has been around 1 year and I consulted doctor and she has reported that I have pcod and I need pregnancy sir kindly give me suggestions for it tablets and exercise.
Do kidney stones cause sour burps? Do kidney stones effect menstrual cycle? Does it effect in delaying periods? please do help with your answers.
Hi I had a sex last night but today morning onwards my wife pee hole blood bleeding and her date is still 8 days far what is the problem is there any serious problem please help me.
Hi I am 30 years old I am suffering from breast infection (granular mastitis likely) I had done sonomammography first after that doctor had given me Antibiotics (Amoxyllin potassium calvulanate) for 7 days and after that she prescribed me zifi turbo tablet and defzacort for 7 day and after ward she prescribed me zifi 200mg and defzacort and Gama linolenic acid tablet for 10 day ask to follow up USG but in report as compared to first there is no changes in size that infection size is same in both report but I touch that I feel it less in size as compared to before size as well as my doctor also feel it and now they suggested me to do FNAC test. What should I do pls help me and now doctor has prescribed me clarithromycin 500mg and defzacort for 10 days.
I am a 28 years old married man. I would like to know what is the safest period in a month for safe sex without any precaution.
I am 28 years old. I had unsafe sex so I took pills whenever we did. Although I never took the pill before so wasn't sure about its side effect if there are any. And unfortunately the number of taking that pill somehow increased. Which was an very Unmattured behavior of mine. Now my period date which was 19th it did started I saw blood stains I did bleed but not the way it use to happen. It was very less it's been 8 days now I can still see the blood stain but am not sure what's the problem. I hope m not pregnant I also have itchiness so not sure what to do. Kindly help.
Hi. I am 27 years old. Unmarried. I have problems of white discharge from my puberty started. Because of that, I cannot manage myself and getting irritated and unhealthy.
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.