Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Reeta MaheshYour feedback matters!
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury - Your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I am 23 years old and I am suffering from pain in back neck and just slight down in back neck from 2 month after awake in morning this pain become 2-3 time more than normal what I should do ?
Hello mam, recently, I have been having back pain all day long and have been through an mri scan. Results shows of having'lumbar disc herniation. We were been suggested for physiotherapy. I have heard your name for effective treatments. Do you think physiotherapy will be a effective solution to this problem?
I am 45 years, feeling very tired in the morning, also I feel pain into my knees. I am a professor, some times I have to take classes standing long duration. Please help.
My wife, 55 yrs. Of age, is 5 inch tall & 59 kg wt. Large stomach, adiabatic, taking insulin, suffering from knee joint pain, suggested partial knee replacement. Instead of knee surgery may we think to undergo bariatric surgery to recover both adiabatic & knee pain?
I feel air bubble popping in my lower back very odd kind of sensations it's always painless bt annoying so much that I can't concentrate on other things. What is this?
Hi I am 22 years old and now I have pain in my left arm I dobt know why but it is from 10 days. I tried all things. Help.
1. Heat or cold therapy.
Try using hot packs or ice packs on the knee where it hurts for 10 to 15 minutes few times a day as tolerated. Usually ice therapy helps control inflammation and reduces pain immediately.
2. Stretching and strengthening exercises
Hamstring stretch: lay on your back and tie a strap to the ankle. Now lift leg straight up till you feel stretch behind your knee and thigh.
Hold 15 seconds. Repeat 3 times each side.
Quadriceps stretch: stand on one leg and holding onto a chair for support. Now using your hand bend the knee as much possible. Keep leg straight and you will feel a stretch in front of your thigh. Hold for 15 seconds. Repeat 3 times each side.
Quad sets: sit with your legs straight. Tighten knee and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times on both sides. You can also put a folded towel under the knee.
Straight leg raise: lay on your back. Lift one leg straight up and lower slowly. Repeat 10 times on both sides.
Sitting leg raises: sit up straight in a chair. Straighten one leg and hold 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times each side.
3. Walking and other activities.
Start slow and keep at it. Walking can ease joint pain, strengthen leg muscles, improve posture, and improve flexibility. It's also good for your heart.
The exercises that are easy on the knees include biking, swimming, and water aerobics. Water exercise takes weight off painful joints. Being active may also help you lose weight, which takes pressure off joints.
How much exercise?
Thirty minutes a day is a good goal. Start small, such as 10 minutes every alternate day. If you don't have pain, exercise more to reach 30 minutes goal.
When you start to exercise, you may feel mild soreness in muscle and thats normal. Check with your doctor if you want to try over-the-counter pain relievers to help the soreness. Ice can also help. Don't ignore pain in your joints, though. Contact your doctor if you have any. Physiotherapy can help and treatments such as ultrasound therapy, interferential therapy, tens, etc are combined with specific exercises to improve knee flexibility and strength.