Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reeta AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years. I had my menstrutal cycle regularly, but past one and 1/2 months I haven't got my periods. Iam not preganant. Please help me.
During my periods I have severe pain in my back legs and hands. Bleeding is less. What should I do for the pain. I am diabetic and have high BP.
I have one lump in right breast. There is no pain. The lump have movement also. If it is any serious problem?
Hello doc. I am 27 years old female married last six month. I am pcod patient. So we plan for a child asap. Last five month I took novelon. After last check up doctor said my eggs are normal in size and its ovulate. Still am not getting pregnant. Fot me is it necessary to take folic acid medine?
Doctor, Mere period time month me 2 baar aata h or kbhi kbhi 1 baar or jab aata h tab bahut blood loss hota h 5 din tak koi problem to nhi h na please suggest me.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.
I smoke a lot. Recently I have been on anti biotic and pain killers too because I met with an accident. I had sex last on 8th April after a period of 8-9 months. My last period came around 18th March and now I've missed my period. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both came negative. What should I do? Please suggest.
If I am having sex with more than 1 partner without using condom is there any chance to get HIV or aids? Please tel me the best way to have sex healthy and precautions.
It's been 1 year getting married. Now,wanted to be pregnant after having sex. Did lots of tests. All tests came positive. We both husband and wife are healthy couple. Although we are unable to do regular sex as he used to live in Lucknow and I in Allahabad with in laws but once in a week. Two days we get time to do sex.
Im patient thalassemia intermediate hbe beta but my is husband normal. My question is if im pregnancy may I using desfrel therapy? My fetus may get effect or not? What the food may I take for stay energy during pregnancy.
The good news is that most women who get gestational hypertension have only a mild form of the condition and don't develop it until near term (37 weeks or later). If you're in this category, you still have a somewhat higher risk of being induced or having a c-section, but other than that, you and your baby are likely to do as well as you would if you had normal blood pressure.
However, about 1 in 4 women with gestational hypertension go on to develop preeclampsia during pregnancy or labor, or soon after giving birth. And you have a 50 percent chance of getting preeclampsia if you develop gestational hypertension before 30 weeks.
Having gestational hypertension also puts you at increased risk for a number of other pregnancy complications, including intrauterine growth restriction, preterm birth, placental abruption, and stillbirth. Because of these risks, your caregiver will monitor you and your baby carefully.