Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
In today's college or generation If any normal girl in contact with boy as frnd So after marriage she will conceive or not immediately.
Can you please tell me any safe emergency contraceptive while breast feeding which would not affect milk supply.
I am bharti and 28 years old. Actually I am suffering from pcod so suggest me diet plan accordingly. My height is 5 feet and weight is 66 kg. I want to loose weight so I can conceive kindly please suggest me the proper diet plan.
I am 18 years old girl my breast is very small I wear 28 bra size so please tell how I increase my breast and I masturbate 4 times in weak so please tell me it is harmful or not and when I masturbate there is no liquid come from vagina so please tell me the reason and solution.
My wife is pregnant for more than 7 months. Her breast is discharging. I had discussed it earlier and was answered that it was nothing else but a milky secretion. But for a couple of days the secretion is mixed with a little amount of blood. And usually there is itching around the breast area. I do not understand what is it? The doc has written for breast MRI. Please help me out.
My wife's periods got preponed for 7 days last month and this time 12 days postponed. What might be the cause and is it a serious issue if yes what should be done does this effects our sex life?
Leukorrhea is a very common problem among women. It refers to a thin or thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge that may occur in between menstruation cycles or during pregnancy and usually lasts from a few days to weeks.
In most cases, it is nothing to be alarmed about and is considered normal as long as it does not cause irritation, discomfort, odor and itching.
Leokorrhea, however, can also be caused by hormonal changes, particularly due to an increase in estrogen.
A vaginal infection or std, too, may cause leukorrhea, especially if the discharge is yellow or green and accompanied by foul odor.
Other factors that contribute to abnormal discharge are unhygienic conditions such as a tampon left too long in the vagina, and conditions like anemia and diabetes. At times, injury or trauma to the vagina can also trigger leukorrhea.
As already mentioned, leukorrhea in most cases is not a cause for concern. However, if you have a lot of discomfort, consult a doctor.
There are many over-the-counter as well as prescribed medicines to treat leukorrhea. You can also deal with this problem with the help of some simple home remedies.
If you are pregnant, consult your doctor before trying any home remedy for leukorrhea.
My cousin is 24 years old unmarried girl. She is pregnant of few weeks. Our family want to abort because of obvious reasons. My question is 1. Is abortion safe? 2. Is that painful and critical? 3. How much time it takes? 4. What is the cost involved in it? Pls suggest some way. Thanks.
Dear sir I and my girlfriend had a oral sex and I was sucking her breasts and she complains that she is having nipple pain and I was rubbing my penis on tip of her vagina without any discharge hence there would be any chance of pregnancy and major doubt is she is having a white discharge from vagina since a week or three how can it be controlled please suggest me.
Hello Doctor, One month pahle mera lscs hua h and I have a baby I want to know about ki aage kitne dino tak mujhe sexual intercourse ni krna chahye?
Periods missed huye 10 din ho gaye h or maine pregnancy test kiya negative aaya h kya fir v pregnant ho sakti hu kya please give me answer.
I am planning baby. Just want to know the symptoms of ovalution. Best time to conceive? what I should do?
Hello, can you please tell me what are ways to have safe sex and also which contraceptive method should I use. I am 23 yrs old. I lost my virginity lately. But I wanted to know is ipill or the pill safe? can they not harm in long run?
Dear doc. My girl friend going to married some one from their own caste with the compulsion of their parents. So we mutual agreed to break up. But we have sex more than 4 times. So my gf afraid of new marriage life and sex with their new life partner. If he find it she is not virgin, it go big problem for her life. So I had that some operation for virgin tight , but I do not know clearly about it. So pls help us about the operation and cost of operation in tamil nadu.Please tell.
I am 31 years female with infertility problem what are the chances of conceiving with unexplained infertility? And is laparoscopy must before going iui or ivf? What is alternative and wat is icsi how it helps?
If you are thinking of adopting one of the effective birth control measures, you can try an intrauterine device (IUD). An IUD is a small plastic device which is placed in the uterus and it helps in preventing the pregnancy. A plastic string is attached to one end for ensuring proper placement and for removal. An IUD can be removed easily and is a reversible birth control method. There are several advantages and disadvantages of using IUDs.
There are two types of IUDs which are commonly used. They are as follows:
- Hormonal IUDs: In case of hormonal IUDs, a small amount of progestin is released into the lining of the uterus. This hormone is similar to the progesterone hormone. This hormone helps in thickening the cervical mucus, thereby, making it difficult for the entry of sperm into the cervix. The growth of the uterine lining is slowed down, which makes fertilised eggs inhospitable.
- Copper IUDs: In this form of IUD, a tiny amount of copper gets released into the uterus. Sperm is prevented from entering the egg as they get immobilised on the way to the fallopian tubes.
- Most women who have used this contraceptive device are satisfied with them, according to surveys.
- A woman using an IUD is protected from pregnancy totally and no other preventive measures such as taking a pill every day is required.
- These devices start working as soon as they are fitted and can easily be removed.
- They can be implanted in the uterus four weeks after giving birth to a baby or after an abortion.
- Breastfeeding is safe for women using copper IUDs.
- Using IUDs enables a woman to smoke cigarettes and high blood pressure is prevented.
- Women who use hormonal IUDs experience less blood loss during menstruation and less pain.
- IUDs can be used for several years.
- IUDs are quite expensive.
- IUDs can only be removed by a health professional.
- These devices do not provide protection from any sexually transmitted disease or HIV.
- The insertion of IUDs can cause a genital infection in the uterus and lead to pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- There are chances of an IUD getting misplaced in the uterus, which may lead to pregnancy and injuries as well. The wall of the uterus may get punctured upon insertion of this device, leading to cramping, backache and excessive uterine bleeding accompanied by pain.
It is important that you must consult a doctor before thinking of getting an IUD fitted. Several screenings and tests need to be carried out before deciding upon the IUD that would work best for you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.