Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Reena Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reena GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have a problem with my menstrual cycle. It's regular but the flow I feel is very less as comparative to the secretions I used to have about a year before. I have never suffered from menstrual pain but the day since I'm not expelling properly, I have to suffer from pain every month. I'm also gaining weight with the same diet I used to have always. Is my weight gain is due to the menstrual problem mentioned above? How to get it confirmed and get rid of both the menstrual problem and the weight gain?
Precautions to be taken before 1st time sex n should I use condom and how to know whether girl is virgin or not.
Tpha reactive, but tpab non reactive. Mononucleosis reactive, but EBNA/igm non reactive ,vdrl non reactive please what it mean.
Factors that determine the success of your IVF procedure
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
What I shall eat to increase my fetal weight because am in 36 week of pregnant and his weight is 2kg.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it. A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar heath issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
I am a newly married women, had intercourse first time with my husband without any cover, afterwards we are using proper protection, its been over one month now & I hvnt had periods till date, I am confused if this is a pregnancy sign or something else, need detailed explanation, shall I go for home pregnancy test through preganews or any likewise device, kindly help.
Sequential embryo transfer-(SET) is an improved method of increasing pregnancy rates and implantation rates in infertile couples. According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the average pregnancy rate is about 20% for patients undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment. Patients undergoing SET have a pregnancy rate of over 50%! SET is the transfer of two groups of embryos in the same menstrual cycle of a woman undergoing IVF treatment for infertility. One group of embryos-the best looking and fastest growing embryos are transferred to the uterus 2 or 3 days after the oocytes (human eggs) are collected from the ovary. The second, more highly developed, group of embryos are transferred to the uterus a few days later-when at least one embryo has reached the expanded blastocyst stage-an advanced stage when an embryo is about to hatch from its shell called the Zona Pellucida and attempts to implant in the lining of the uterus called the endometrium. SET has an increased implantation rate ( embryos implanting from the total number of embryos).