Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
During intercourse, liquid not coming out of vagina. It is almost remaining very dry. This is happening from last one month.
Hi, i' m 22 yrs old I have a irregular periods problem. Do not know how to cure and am a working women.
I have delay periods and also less amount of bleeding during periods without pain if some drops of bleeding evening then next is happen on next day afternoon what is reason for this? I had more pain during periods but this is first time. What are the solution to correct my period s?
Man should never kiss or lick with tongue her wife vagina because it can cause infection. True or False. If I wanted to do so, how can I go for that without having infection. What had to be done by my wife for achieving above objectives.
She has underweight and complicated to reduce perhaps she has periods problem. Can she cure by treatment.
I am 25 years old and having son of 6 months, incidently I got pregnant again but I dont want it right now as my baby is too little. What to do? is there any medicine for aborting my pregnancy?
Am getting stomach pain on my periods every month since am using some pain killers though am getting pain give me some suggestion.
Hai I have menstrual cycle of 35 days normally and it lasts for 5-6 days. This time I got 8 days earlier and it was brownish black discharge for first 2 days. It was very very little. From day 4, regular blood started coming and it is lasting for 6th day as of today and it has not yet stopped. Kindly reply what may be the cause. Any pregnancy symptoms or miscarriage. I am confused a lot. I was sexually active. Thanks in advance doctor.
Hello doctor, im 24 years old n I had sex with my bf jus on last day of my period. I took ipill within half an hour, coz of tension I took ipill again on same evening. I got heavy bleeding right after 6 days. Which lasted for 5 days. But its been 3 weeks and im having back pain dizziness constipation and a small lump on lower right abdomen jus close to navel. Is it pregnancy?
Hi doctor I am 26 years old I thinking that I am present the symptoms is my body is unessay actually wt is symptoms for pregnancy give me ans.
I am 32 years old and over the course of years bleeding during periods is constantly decreasing now I don, t even have to wear pads. Please confirm if it is normal?
She wanted to know about skin lightning of particular area. Her vagina/pussy area is darker than other areas, she is very fair, but area including her inner thighs, panty line, pussy is dark, she is very upset and wants to know, is there any natural way to lighten that area?
My gf have periods after 4 days after taking unwanted72 is there is any chance of getting pregnant of her.
Hello mam: Mai meri gf na pregnancy test v karva liya hai usko bataya gaya tha ki 2, 3dino ma periods aa jaiyega par aisa kuch nahi hua, abhi tak periods nahi aaya please mam help kijiye or kuch aisa bataiye ki jaldi sa periods aa jaia.
Bitter gourd is rich in antioxidants and other helps to increase the immune system it acts like a proper defense system to fight against illness.
It is rich in fibre and thus prevents constipation and also cures stomach disorders by helping in stimulating secretion of gastric juices.
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge: An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
- Abscess: It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
- Breast cancer: Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
- Mastitis: It is a breast infection that affects the tissues of the breast and is usually prominent during breastfeeding. Fatigue, fever and body aches are common in this situation.
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS): Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
- Fibroadenoma: In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
- Galactorrhea: Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea: Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors.
I am 26 year old male. Recently I have done herpes test. The result wer as following HSV-igg (3.28) HSV-igm (0.43) HSV 1-igg (0.09) hsv1-igm (0.47) hsv2-igg (0.35) hsv2-igm-(0.39) As you can c hsv igg is high. This is elisa test. But I am not sure whether this is right since I have normal value for hsv 1 and hsv 2.Can you please tell your opinion on this.
Sugar (cane sugar) is not only a big industry but has been a part of many of our traditional foods. Somehow, today sugar has been given a tag of being an 'unhealthy' food. What we don't realize before we demonize a food the reason for it to suddenly become unhealthy. Sugar in small required amounts does not cause any health issue. What we don't realize is the amount of sugar that we are unknowingly consuming through foods like packaged cereals ,juices , health drinks , pastries, burgers and even the so called 'low fat' packaged foods marketed as healthy foods. Excessive sugar in these forms can definitely become harmful. So, rather than banning sugar from your diet, try to make better food choices.
The steps you can take to reduce sugar intake in a week are -
1. Stay hydrated and avoid health drinks and packaged juices - Replace so-called health drinks and packaged juices with fresh drinks like lime water, coconut water, herbal teas and home-made fruit drinks like raw mango juice / aam panah and Water. The natural electrolytes will stop any craving for excessive sugar laden foods.
2. Limit caffeine intake - Drinking coffee in the morning causes caffeine kick which spikes the energy levels in the body. As soon as this spike wears off, there is an intense sugar craving in the body.
3. Eat more complex carbohydrates - Increasing consumption of complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and yams helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in the body. This happens as they are digested slowly and help in controlling sugar cravings.
4. Restrict salt intake - Excessive salt consumption can increase cravings for sugary foods. Eating too much salt can cause the body to balance out the flavors thus leading to increased sugar cravings.
5. Exercise - Exercise causes perspiration in the body which helps in flushing out the salt and making the body alkaline thus reducing sugar cravings.
6. Limit processed food intake - Eating naturally occurring foods such as grains and fruits are healthier than eating packaged foods. Packaged foods generally contain both added sugar and salt which tend to increase sugar cravings and promotes weight gain.
Given that detox diets won't rid the body of impurities or lead to real weight loss, are there any benefits of using them? The only thing one can say positively is that:
A detox diet may encourage you to eat more nutritious foods. Some detox diets recommend nutrient-rich foods like:
- green tea
- fruit juices
- colorful fruits and vegetables
All of these could, in part, increase your intake of certain nutrients. Some of which might help the body deal with incoming toxins or offer other health benefits.However, a three day detox diet won't move the dial on toxicity (or health) anywhere near as much as maintaining a healthy lifestyle the other 362 days of the year.
Disadvantages of detox diets: For most people, the disadvantages of a detox diet are much more numerous than the potential benefit.
Detox diets are often inconvenient: Any diet will take some effort to organize, and detox diets are no exception. Ironically, you'll probably never put as much work into eating less as you do into a detox. People with limited time, money, and resources won't enjoy juicing seven kgs of veggies and fruits each day. Especially if they're feeling weak, listless, or dizzy, some of the most frequently reported side effects of juice cleanses.
Detox diets are often too low in energy:
Most juice diets are extremely low in calories. In fact, some people argue that juicing is just a way to starve and feel good about it. With the low energy intake you'll often notice other things slowing down, you may feel colder, or sluggish, or notice digestion taking a while.
Detox diets may cause blood sugar swings that is cleansing built on fruit juices can cause major swings in blood sugar, making them downright dangerous for people with diabetes, and potentially risky for many others.
Detox diets can be tough on your GI tract: The fruit juices used for many detox diets contain very little fiber. Fiber is a cleanser. It's like a street sweeper for the GI tract; it slows down digestion and aids absorption of nutrients.
There is no credible information saying that the GI tract does better when it doesn't get solid foods (unless the GI tract is damaged). Instead, the gut does well with probiotics, glutamine from protein rich foods, and fiber. You'll struggle to get all of these on a cleanse.
Detox diets are often low in essential fats.
While some less extreme detox diets allow things like nuts and seeds, hard core cleanses typically eliminate most fat-containing foods, even healthy fats. Extreme variations in fat intake i.e. swinging from high (pre-cleanse) to low (cleanse) to high (post-cleanse celebration) to low (back on the cleanse train again) can cause trouble for organs that process dietary fats, like the gallbladder.
Detox diets may cause electrolyte imbalances: Many cleanses involve drinking a lot of liquid (such as water, herbal teas, and/or juices) while removing many foods that contain salts. Some "detox diets" also suggest using diuretic supplements. This can cause potentially dangerous imbalances in your electrolytes, charged chemicals found in fluids throughout your body. The imbalance is even more likely if overhydration is combined with low energy intake.
In fact, there's a name for this phenomenon, well known to health care providers who deal with extreme anorexia, malnutrition, or any medical condition with severely restricted food intake that is refeeding syndrome.
To keep operations running when nutrients and energy are low and electrolytes are disrupted, the body may adjust its metabolic environment (for instance, it may deplete cells of minerals to keep blood levels of those minerals stable).
Not only can this affect health during the detox diet, it can cause potentially cause serious problems when a person on a detox diet (especially a longer-lasting one) starts eating normally again.
Detox diets can create a cycle of restrictive eating and deprivation:
Detox diets, the entire concept of "cleansing", in fact can enable feast-or-famine style eating patterns:
- The detox diet starts tomorrow, so I'll eat a bunch of "toxic" foods tonight.
- On the detox diet now. Not allowed any stuff I enjoy.
- The detox diet ends tomorrow, so I'll get set to eat all those "toxic" foods I missed! And so on.
Recognize that thought pattern? It's the classic dieter mentality. On the wagon, off the wagon, on the wagon, off the wagon. It's always more harmful than helpful. When you think and eat this way:
- You never learn to find the sane middle ground.
- You never learn to prepare real food and real meals that are both nutritious and delicious.
- You're always in "all-or-nothing" mode. (Usually getting "nothing", because "all" is really, really hard.)
Worst of all is you never feel truly happy with any of your choices.
Fortunately, the body "cleanses" itself, if we can't ever avoid toxins, doesn't it then make sense to do some sort of detox? Not really. That's because our bodies have very robust detoxification systems. Our major organs of detoxification include are:
- Digestive tract;
- Lymphatic system;
- Respiratory system;
These systems break down chemicals (toxic or otherwise) into other form, which we can eliminate via the toilet, sweat, or breathing. And the body seems to do a pretty good job of this when placed in a balanced (i.e. healthy) environment.
Take Home Message:
The idea that you can speed up and improve your body's detox pathways by drinking detox water is nonsense. That said, it is still a healthy drink with a few health benefits. Nevertheless, you could probably get most of these benefits from drinking regular water. However, people often find plain water boring. If infusing your water with fruits and vegetables means that you drink more water and less sugary drinks, then it can only be a good thing.
Related Tip: "The 4 Essential Constituents of A Detox Diet"