Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ReenaYour feedback matters!
Please let me know the medicines for cyst in wisdom tooth gum. I am having pain and swelling also bad smelling mouth. Please advice me medicines.
I am suffering from frequent Sun tan due to excessive temperature. I can't resist to be exposed to Sun due to regular college classes. please suggest something.
Do you lack confidence due to facial pigmentation, I am here to help you.
What is facial pigmentation?
Facial pigmentation refers to the darkening of facial skin dueto overproduction of pigment melanin. Medically, this is known as melasma.
In melasma, patches of pigmentation appear on the face, predominantly over the cheeks, nose, forehead and upper lip. The pigmentation varies from yellowish, brownish, bluish to blackish in colour. Chloasma is another term for facial pigmentation in women during pregnancy.
Freckles or tiny dark spots appear on the face in certain cases from repeated sun exposure. Freckles are more likely in persons with fair skin.
Why do we get facialpigmentation?
The root cause of facial pigmentation is excess melanin production. Facial pigmentation is very common in women, but may also arise in men.
The causal factors are many, the major among them being hormonal changes in women during pregnancy, after childbirth, during menopause, from intake of contraceptive pills, from hormone replacement therapy and hypothyroidism.
Other factors that trigger facial pigmentation are stress, loss of sleep and sunexposure. Heredity also plays an important role in predisposing a person to facial pigmentation. Acne may also lead to scarring and facial pigmentation.
Factors affecting facial pigmentation:
Am 15 ,but I dnt grow wll am just 5 feet, I do exercise every evening, and I use to drink milk everyday, and tried ashwagandhapowder but I can drnk it along with milk bcos of his taste, Doctor pls suggest me some medicines with no side effects to grow, this society is teasing me so pls help me and suggest me gud medicines with no side effects to grow taller, I do stretching exercise at evening.
Hi I have five kids I have 2 twin girls and 2 twin boys and my recent baby born in February all of my births have been natural but I want to receive sterilization surgery but my gyno wants to have an open vaginal surgery is there other options since not to long ago I gave birth and I had to get stitches but I don't want a big incision any options or procedures recommendable answer with details please &looking for a surgeon.
Mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region is known as lumbago or back pain. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic, if it has lasted over three months. People who do a lot of physical exertion are often affected by it. Also back pain occurs as you age
There are a variety of reasons for back pain. Some of them are listed below
- Strain: Majority of the cases related to back pain occur due to strain in many parts of the body. These include:
- Strained ligaments
- Strained muscles
- Improper lifting
- Lifting something too heavy in an incorrect posture
- A muscle spasm
- Abrupt or awkward movement
- Structural problems: Problems such as bulging discs (a disorder of the rubbery disk within the bones of the spine), arthritis, abnormal curvature of spine (a condition in which the spine curves downward), osteoporosis (bones becoming brittle and weak) and ruptured discs (almost similar to bulging discs).
- Cauda equina syndrome (a condition in which the spine nerve roots get compressed)
- Infection in spine
- Cancer in spine
- Sleep disorders
- Awkward postures
Symptoms of back pain include:
- Stiff back
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, characterized by pain in the hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression in a slip or intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
- Numbness in legs
How to treat it
Treatment for back pain is dependent on the type and severity of pain as well as the patient’s medical history. A large majority of cases of back pain take a recovery time of around six weeks without surgery. Exercises for relieving back pain are common elements of a treatment plan. Typical treatment of back pain involves use of muscle relaxants, pain killers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and cease of activity would cause the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest might lead to weakening of muscles and hence, prolong the back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapy is used to reduce inflammation and it is utilized according to the patient’s preference.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available, such as Acetaminophen and Diclofenac. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. It is to be noted that every medication has its own risks and side effects.
Role of Physiotherapy in Treating Back Pain:
In physiotherapy, the general goal of this treatment is to reduce pain in parts of the body; be it in the arms, legs or back. In the age we live in, where most of us are sitting in one place, hunched on our laptops, we are bound to get a back pain. Some pains are temporary and can go away with some sound sleep. The more severe back pains are usually chronic and can hamper your productivity.
The various approaches that are used to cure back pains with physiotherapy are:
- Ice/heat packs
- Ultrasound therapies
- TENS units
These are called passive approaches as these are being done to the patients.
The other approaches that are mostly exercise based are mostly done to rehabilitate the spinal cord. This approach is usually a cocktail of the following:
- Strengthening Exercises For Back Pain: Certain prescribed exercises such as lumbar stabilization or other exercises should be done for about fifteen to twenty minutes on a regular basis to strengthen your back muscles. These strengthen your core muscles and help in lower back pain as well. These can help in relieving pain if done right. This is why you should get directions from professionals or qualified physical therapists.
- Stretching Exercises For Back Pain: It is advised to stretch your hamstring muscles every now and then if you suffer from back pain. It is a very simple form of stretching but you may forget to do it every day. This is why you should schedule your exercises and adhere to the schedule. Incorporate it into your daily routine. There may be other stretches that you can look into or consult your physical therapist to advice you on.
- Heat and Cold Therapies: It is one of the most common types of therapy that is used and is mostly used towards the initial period of pain. While some may find heat therapy more useful, others may resort to cold therapies. Sometimes, people use alternate therapy. This therapy is recommended to be performed once in every two hours.