Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RavindranYour feedback matters!
Good Evening Sir, The reports which I? Ve enclosed with this mail, all belongs to my father aged 69 years. He is a patient of Bypass Surgery which was done in the year 2003. After that he was quiet well. But last year in the months of May 2015 our family physician detected a tumor in his colon. So he had gone through a surgery in the mount of july 2015 by an on co surgeon, where doctor created his tumor and done elostomy. The biopsy report of the tumor is, T3mn0. After the surgery he had gone through radiotherapy for 25 days, and also taken Chemotherapy (5Fv 5000) 1st is D1-D5, 2nd c2 D1-D5. After six months our doctor asked for a colonoscopy, and he said all are reports ok, now he had gone through his Colostomy closure. On December 12th2015 Colostomy clause. The fact is that after Colostomy closure he is facing several problems. He is facing an acute problem is gas and indigestion. However he is an diet chart and avoiding Vegetables, Milks Products, Spicy food, As per our doctors advised. More Over He does not have any control on his stool pass out. We have discussed with the surgeon as well as oncologist, and gastroenterologist they prescribed the following medicines1. Tab. IBSET once a day2. Tab. LIBRAX AFTER DINER3. Tab. zinconia 50 AFTER BREAKFAST4. Tab. GLYCOMET GP1MG BEFORE BREAK FAST5. Tab. NORMAXIN AFTER BREAK fasting spite of that his condition has not cured up. We have all become perplexed. That is why I am sending you this mails, with a hope that you will provide me a suggestion.
Restricting salt in the diet can lower the risk of developing heart disease by 25% and the risk of dying from heart disease by 20%.
Dietary intake of sodium among Indians is excessively high. Among hypertensive individuals, lowering sodium is quite well established to lower blood pressure, but now it has been shown that reducing salt also has an effect on cardiovascular disease.
According to a Harvard Medical School study published in British Medical Journal, when people with prehypertension (blood pressure more than 120/80 and lower than 140/90), reduced their salt intake by about 25 to 35%, they were 25% less likely to develop cardiovascular disease 10 to 15 years after the trial ended. There was also a 20 percent lower death rate from cardiovascular disease among those who cut their salt consumption.
Salt restriction is best achieved by avoiding salted, salt cured and salt smoked foods such as lunch meat, hot dogs, ham, olives, pickles and regular salted canned foods, and other prepared foods, which often use more salt than homemade equivalents. Foods we would never think of as salty, such as breakfast cereals, cookies, and even some soft drinks often contain copious additions of sodium.
WHO recommends limiting the salt intake to less than 5 grams per day.
I am 25 years old male I have been suffering from hair loss I feel shy I have consult from many, but no result. What should I do.
I am 19 years old, I have one question after eating breakfast I have feel a pain under my stomach, what do I prefer for this?
Hello doctor I am getting fat day by day! Please suggest something which will work in my busy schedule?
Hi, I am 16 years old I had flu yesterday (body pain, high fever, head ache, my scrotum was at very high temperature, next day I took hot water bath, After that I noticed pain in genital region, after examination I found small ulcers & dry skin, I am scared. I never had sex. Should I have some tests (hiv, sti)?
From last 4years it's bleeding from my teeth I have went near dentist but it stops for months and starts again. Now a days it too difficult to me when I'm going to bed in the middle of night its starts bleeding. My mouth smells very badly. So please give some tips or suggest me to do something.
I am not getting my periods sice 1.5 month. Me and my botfriend have kissed in nov month 2014. After that For two months i got my periods. But now i am not getting. Am i pregnant now?
I'm 22 years old. I recently had shortness of breath and palpitations. I went to the doctor and he told my bp was normal and prescribed me rabeprazole twice a day. I took it once and feel a bit better now. Is my treatment going right? And I'm taking minocycline for acne. Can I take it along with rabeprazole?
The trouble with recovering from most illnesses is that we begin to treat the illness too late. Although you cannot expect your body to announce the arrival of a virus, recognizing the signs of falling sick can help treat it earlier. For example, if you can't stop sneezing and can feel the onset of the flu, getting some extra sleep may make you feel better. Here are a few signs that can predict an illness
- Reduced appetite - A slight decrease in appetite during the summer is normal but if the sight of food makes you nauseous or you stop enjoying your food, it may be a sign of an oncoming illness. These illnesses could range from a simple cold to gastroenteritis or strep throat. A diminishing diet can be a result of the production of cytokines by the body as part of its inflammatory response to infections. Lesser food takes lesser time to digest thereby using lesser calories and diverting energy towards fighting the infection.
- Swollen neck glands - Feel your neck glands, just below the jawbone to check for infections. Swollen neck glands are the body's way of letting you know that you may be falling ill. These are usually a sign of ear infections, cold, dental problems or skin infections. Neck glands are storehouses for white blood cells. When these are activated into fighting infections, the collection of dead cells, bacteria etc result in swollen neck glands.
- Fatigue - There's a difference between being tired at the end of a long day and being exhausted throughout the day. The latter is a way your body is telling you to slow down and conserve energy to fight an oncoming illness.
- Muscle aches - Aching muscles can also be a sign of the oncoming flu. One of the main reasons for this is the body's production of antibodies that release histamines and cytokines in the bloodstream. When these travel to various muscles, they can trigger pain receptors leading to body aches.
- Low fever - The ideal body temperature is 98.7 degrees. If you have a higher temperature that persists for a few days, you may be coming down with an infection. Fever is your body's way of fighting infection by raising its internal temperature. A low fever is a sign of colds, allergies, and even stomach infections.
There is a fine line between being a hypochondriac and recognizing signs of falling sick. To differentiate between the two, pay attention to the type, duration, and intensity of symptoms. If you feel like you're on the verge of falling sick, rest your body and take some multivitamins. If you experience a sudden or severe change in symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: 4 Ways to Never Fall Sick at Season Change