Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravinder Kumar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravinder KumarYour feedback matters!
I am now 67 year. Now from my childhood I am in the habit of drinking a cup of milk before going to bed, I do not take I will uneasy and will not get proper sleep. I am taking medicines for sugar and b.p.is it good or bad consuming milk at night? Please advice
Hello, I am 59 years old M, I am having low back pain in the coccyx region and severe pain when I sit for a longer time at one place since 2 months so then I did MRI and the reports say that I am having slight anterior angulation of coccyx and posterior disc protrusions at L4-L5 and L5-S1. Please suggest me medications over this at your earliest.
Blessed are the parents whose children enjoy going to schools. Some parents have to sweat it out to convince and cajole their kids into going to schools. Every morning brings in a new struggle. You will often come across kids who hate going to schools. From complaining of a headache to stomach aches, they will try everything under the sun to give the school a miss. With time, however, things get under control, much to the parent's relief.
The situation gets dicey when children continue to panic, get stressed out at the mere thought of going to school (for a longer duration of time). With time, things get more and more complicated. A situation as critical as this is known as School Refusal Behavior. School refusal can affect children, adolescents, and even teenagers.
Factors that trigger school refusal behavior:
School refusal in children may be an amalgamation of many factors:
- In some children, the problem may be due to ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). It is a common behavioral disorder that affects many children and even teenagers. In ADHD, children find it a herculean task to concentrate or to pay attention in class. Needless to say, this affects a child's overall performance in class. The fear of getting rebuked and punished (by teachers) may trigger school refusal in such children.
- Many parents set unrealistic goals for their children. They want their children to be the best. What they fail to realize is that in doing so, they end up suffocating the kids. In few extreme cases, the pressure to excel in academics grips them with an unknown fear. They start avoiding classes. They get panic attacks at the mention of schools.
- There are some menaces which can make life miserable. Being bullied in school (by classmates or seniors) is one such issue. As time progresses, the situation may get so unbearable that the child at the receiving end starts showing signs of school refusal.
- Children with undiagnosed and untreated depression, stress, and anxiety may show signs of school refusal. Such kids prefer to stay within themselves. They don't enjoy social gatherings or interacting with people much.
- Some children want to be with their parents all the time. Going to school would mean being away from parents. Thus, they look for excuses to avoid schools.
The symptoms characteristic of school refusal behavior include
- Irritability, inflexibility, and anger.
- Nausea, headache, stomach ache, vomiting.
- The affected child may show signs of separation anxiety.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Tantrums in the morning.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
School refusal needs to be dealt with as early as possible since the longer the child stays away from school, the more difficult it will become for him/her to return to school.
- The Screen for Child Anxiety Related Emotional Disorders (SCARED).
- The Children's Manifest Anxiety Scale.
- The Child Behavior Checklist.
Parents, physician, and school authorities should together chalk out a plan to deal with the situation.
- Cognitive therapy can produce fruitful results.
- Any student subjected to bullying should bring it to the notice of their parents and teachers.
- Parents should not pressurize their child to over perform.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!