Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravin Gujral
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravin GujralYour feedback matters!
Flesh Swelling in armpit which is soft. It pains sometimes during menstruation since the last two years.
I got married and enjoyed many times but my wife got 13 days late her periods what is the reason any problem.
I am 18 years old girl last month I got twice time periods and now again after 18 days I got periods this is 1st time. Why its happening.
I have 2 months old baby. I am breast feeding my baby. I just want to know when I can get my menstrual period again. I don't want to take any contraceptive pills.
I was not having periods, I got sonography, multiple hormonal tests done everything came in normal however my prolactin level came as quite high after M.R.I it was detected m having micro 8.8 mm prolactinoma. The docs gave me medicine n all expressed that nothing is wrong and its treatable by a single medicine. But my concern is though its all benign and all treatable but am I prone to get cancer as compared to others or its just my anxiety and another main concern is m feeling tired and a bit light headedness so can you please send me the name of an effective medicine which helps me get relieve my fatigueness. Please please ill be highly obliged as I want to get normal and active as i.was before. Thanks in advance.
Common Penis Problems: Curing the Penis Rash
Men who pay close attention to good penis care are likely to notice the moment something goes wrong. Since a penis rash can develop so quickly, it isn't unusual for a man to be perfectly fine in the morning but have an itchy, unsightly rash by day's end. Fortunately, most penis rash causes are quite common and can easily be remedied. In fact, as penis problems go, the penis rash is one of the most common and one of the most curable.
There are some common culprits that contribute to most penis rash problems; once a man determines which one has cause the issue, he can easily reverse the problem.
1) Skin allergies. Men can easily develop sensitivity to certain items used in the course of sexual play. While allergies to latex are the most commonly discussed, there are other problems that can arise as well, such as allergies to lubricants, spermicides that are often found inside condoms, and even the fluids from a partner. The result can be a significant penis rash, soreness, redness and inflammation. In some cases, allergies can be severe enough to cause an anaphylactic reaction, which necessitates an emergency room visit.
2) Contact dermatitis. Another form of skin allergy, this is a much more common and mild problem. It often occurs when a man comes into contact with something new, such as a new detergent on his clothing, a new cleanser in the shower or even the use of soap rather than a special cleanser designed for sensitive skin. It might even come from the use of new underwear that has a different fiber makeup than what he's used to! Once a man discovers the culprit, he can simply stop using it and the penis rash will go away.
3) Infections. Few things can lead to worse penis itching than infections. Infections often present with a rash that is incredibly itchy, bad enough to keep a man awake at night and make him succumb to the urge to scratch in public! Yeast infections, jock itch (a fungal infection) and some sexually transmitted diseases can cause serious penis rash, itching, pain, discharge and much more. A guy who has a penis rash that won't quit and itching that makes his life miserable must visit the doctor as soon as possible to figure out the problem.
4) Dry skin. Sometimes, simple dry skin can be enough to prompt a penis rash. This is especially true if a man suffers from conditions such as eczema, impetigo and psoriasis, as each of these can create a penis rash that doesn't respond well to typical moisturizers. Fortunately, dry skin can often be combated with a proper penis health crème, and conditions that don't respond to daily application should be looked at by the doctor. He or she can prescribe a stronger crème that will help alleviate the problem.
5) Heat rash. The simplest of all penis problems concerning rashes, a heat rash is exactly what it sounds like - a rash that appears during the hottest weather. It usually appears at areas where the skin has rubbed together or where clothing has pressed against the skin, especially if a man has been sweating in that area. Heat rash usually clears up on its own; a guy should take the time to 'air out' the penis and surrounding area in order to get rid of the rash and cut down on the itching and discomfort is can cause.
As with many other penis problems, simply taking the time to allow the skin to heal a bit can help ease penis rash and itching. In addition, a guy should use a daily penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) to fight the most common issues of itching and rash. However, it's important to remember that if a penis health crème doesn't do the job, a visit to the doctor is warranted to rule out any more serious problems and get back on the right track to a healthy penis.
Penis function and penis health are often related, as a healthy penis is more likely to function in a more effective manner. However, sometimes penis function is less a matter of health and more a matter of other physiological or psychological factors. This is often the case with premature ejaculation, a condition of concern to many men. Interestingly enough, a May 2017 presentation at the American Urological Association indicated that there may be help for premature ejaculation from a surprising source: benzocaine wipes.
The presentation was an interim report on an ongoing trial, entitled "P69-02 Double-Blind, Randomized Controlled Trial of Topical 4% Benzocaine Wipes for Management of Premature Ejaculation." To break that down a little, a double-blind trial means that some participants will be given a treatment (in this case benzocaine wipes) and others will be given a placebo (plain wipes without benzocaine), and that neither the participants nor the scientists performing the trial will know who is being given which. Randomized means that people are assigned the benzocaine wipes or the placebo at random, rather than people with certain characteristics getting one or the other.
According to a press release, the presentation indicated that 4% benzocaine wipes improved both the physical and psychological symptoms of premature ejaculation. Twenty-one men (heterosexual and each in a monogamous relationship) were studied. Each reported penis function issues related to premature ejaculation. In this instance, premature ejaculation is defined as lasting an average of two minutes or less after penetration of the vagina during sex. Fifteen of the men received the benzocaine wipes; six received the placebo wipes.
The data so far is promising. Men in the treatment group are reporting lasting longer than men in the placebo group, and they also are reporting better psychological results, stemming from less distress over their penis function issues.
A real issue
It is estimated that as many as 1 in 3 men who are 18 to 59 years old have experience with premature ejaculation issues. As a matter of fact, premature ejaculation is generally considered the most common male sexual dysfunction condition.
Although premature ejaculation can be defined as a man ejaculating at any time other than when he is ready, most of the time doctors consider ejaculation within 2-4 minutes of penetration to be premature. There can be a host of reasons for this.
For example, some men release early because of simple inexperience. They find that as they become more accustomed to penetrative sex that they are able, in general, to last longer than when they first started.
Other men may ejaculate prematurely because of pressure or concern over how they are doing; they worry so much that they don't perform the way they would like to. And in some cases, a man simply has very sensitive nerves in his penis, or is engaging in sex in a manner which overstimulates those nerves.
The current study is incomplete and too small-scale to provide definitive answers. However, they do provide hope that simply applying a benzocaine wipe to a penis prior to intercourse may be able to help some men achieve a more satisfying penis function.
Benzocaine wipes will not address all penis function issues, of course, which is one reason why maintaining penis health at a premium level is important. Regular application of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can help maintain general penis health and the benefits that health bestows. The best crèmes contain L-arginine, an amino acid involved in nitric oxide production, which in turn helps keep penis blood vessels open and receptive to increased blood flow. Be sure the crème also includes vitamin A, which has antibacterial properties that eliminate unwanted bacteria, including many of those which result in unpleasantly strong and persistent penis odors.
I am 3 months pregnant. I am eating thyroid medicine daily empty stomach in the morning. Today I had this medicine during night as well by mistake. Is there something to worry? Should I skip tomorrow morning's dose?
Piercing is a form of body ornamentation. It involves the use of needles to pierce through the skin and attach a piece of jewellery to the skin. The purpose of piercing is to beautify and in case of genital piercing, it comes with the additional perks of sexual stimulation. However, this completely depends on individual preference. In the female genital anatomy, several parts are suitable for piercing. This includes the clitoral hood, the labia and the vulva vestibule.
How piercing should be done?
1. The skin around the area where the piercing is to be done must be cleaned with antiseptic.
2. A topical anaesthetic may be applied to temporarily numb the area to be pierced. This helps to control pain.
3. Any piercing must be carried out by a licensed, well-practised professional.
4. Piercing must be done with the use of new, unused, sterilized needles, which are easily disposable.
5. After-care must be provided immediately after the piercing. This includes the application of medicated healing creams, or an ice pack that relieves the pain of piercing. Typically a piercing should heal completely by the sixth week.
Risks associated with vaginal piercing
1. Wrong technique of piercing can lead to uncontrollable bleeding and wounds.
2. Poor placement of jewellery can cause the piercing to heal very slowly and painfully.
3. Poor sterilization of needles and unhygienic methods can cause severe skin infections and other complications.
4. Tearing of skin or sagging of the clitoral hood, or labia can occur due to the improper weight of the jewellery placed.
5. Spread of genital disease may occur if the piercer does not use gloves or antiseptic during the procedure.
Never opt for a piercing just because your friends are getting it done. A healthy method of getting pierced involves an understanding of your anatomy, skin type, tolerance of certain kinds of metal on your skin and extremely hygienic conditions. It sure is fashionable and may appeal to people with a different sense of aesthetics, but you must never ignore the risks. Do a thorough background check of the piercer you would like to visit and the possible after care products that you can use. It would also help to quickly get a check up done by a doctor before going ahead with the piercing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.