Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Hi, I'm 27 years old female. I have mood swings, sometimes i'm happy sometimes i'm so sad, sometimes I get depressed. Sometimes life is very good. I'm yet to get married. And there's a lot of fuss at my home and in my mind regarding this whole marriage thing. I want to get married but my and my parents choice doesn't match. Plus my elder sister interferes way too much. I had .25 mg alprax yesterday to get relaxed mind and sleep. I have asked my sister to not interfere in my matters but she just doesn't stop. My father feels I have phobia of her. How do I deal with the situation? As this thinking is giving me headaches.
I want to leave smoking but I can't, I am addicted to it so how can I leave it because I am feared that I might have cancer in next 5 years, give me a advice how can I leave it please help me.
I failed very depressed due to studies as I have alot study nowadays by which I am always busy working.
I feel very weakness in my body. Sometime my eyes sight very low. Totally body pain. I should I do. I take consultant with doctor but no result.
I and my husband has no problem but I had many problems with my in laws. We decided to go separately. But now he is not talking to me properly. Avoiding me. Treating me as a maid. And a sex tool. Now he does not like even to talk to me. What should I do.
Why I not remember my study for long time. I forgot after 1 or 2 hours later or after 1 to 2 days in some case?
I smoke 6 cigars every what will happen if smoke that many of cigars. Plss ans. And how we can forget that.
Many of us feel anger, frustration and dissatisfaction in our daily lives. While medicine and therapy can help extreme cases, there are other ways to bring down the symptoms with a proper daily routine, diet and exercise. Exercise can be an incredible treatment to discharge those sentiments. In case you wind up getting angry regularly, yoga can help you to deal with the problem while you are away or at home. Yoga can help with both managing anger and calming you down when you feel particularly furious at any given point. Some of the asanas or postures that help in doing so are as follows:
- Savasana (cadaver posture): With the cadaver posture, you lie on your back with your palms up and arms next to you. At that point, you relax every part of your body. While practicing this posture, concentrate on relaxing. Inhale deeply into your tummy. It is best to shut your eyes while doing so.
- Sheetali Pranayama (cooling breath): The cooling breathing exercise is a phenomenal approach to address anger. You basically roll your tongue (twisting in the edges) or press your lips together. In case you cannot roll your tongue, breathe in gradually through your mouth so that the air gets in through your tongue. At that point, close your mouth and breathe out through your nose. This practice is believed to lessen the anger and enhance peace of mind.
- Ardha matsyendrasana (half spinal twist pose): This posture strengthens the organs and relaxes your spine. You can perform this exercise by sitting with both legs in front of you, and then by folding one knee up while folding the other on the ground underneath the other leg. You then turn your spine toward the side where the knee is up and use the knee as a rest for your arm as you stretch into the stance. Try not to exhaust yourself. In case you feel pain, relax a bit.
- Urdhva dhanurasana (upward bow pose): This stance has been efficient in increasing trust between people with threatening or serious identity issues, and decreases anger. While there are a few approaches to accomplish a back curve in yoga, the upward bow stance is the most widely recognized due to the back twists that lead to better circulation of energy.
- Salamba sarvangasana (shoulder stand): It can balance out the nervous system. People who deal with anger issues or who have an antagonistic identity will find that this asana helps in lessening their outrage and anger. It creates quality and adaptability and helps the thyroid and parathyroid organs as well.
Doing yoga frequently will go far towards helping you deal with your anger in the long haul. In case you have an identity issue, exercising consistently will strengthen the mind. However, you might need to go to a class keeping in mind the end goal, which is to manage the anger.
Im not interested in anything. Got newly married 2 months back. Not able to meet with my partner till now ,im 30y and my wife 26f .my penny erecting half only. Im piles operated 6 years back. I am not able to forget that my mistake. Im weak mentally and physical. Not able to mingle with common people please some one help and guide me. I am thinking to suicide. Im lost totally in my life.
Hello doctor I have got a problem in my feelings. I'm depressed bcoz I don't feel like to enjoy myself nor I don't get feelings to myself. How do I solve this?
Hello Doctor, I am 32 years old male and from past one and half month I quit my smoking habit, but now a days I found that I am not focusing on task , I feel lazy in my office . When I take cigarette my mind gives my better output . Please help me out from this problem as I do not want to be smoker once again . Thanks.
I am in a relationship since 2 years and he is really nice but he has had a bad past of being with many girls and that makes me sad at times.He is not very educated as compared to me but has a lot of attitude.He puts me down all the time.There have been many times when he has broken my trust by cheating on me but i forgived him.And now i constantly doubt on him even if he isnt doing anything.It has put me in complete stress.I want to either get rid of this problem or break up but i am not that strong so i am not ale to forget him easily no matter how bad he has treated me.Please give me a solution
My father got homeopathic medicine for parkinson last week. After taking medicine his body got burns like sores. what it means?
Don’t like social gatherings? Have you always been the one who avoids family get together? If your answer is affirmative, then you are probably suffering from Avoidant personality disorder (APD). Avoidant personality disorder is a psychological condition wherein, one feels extremely shy. Becoming overly sensitive to rejection and developing feelings of inadequacy are common signs of this disorder. This disorder can lead to problems in your work life and relationships.
With APD, the commonly surfacing symptoms would include disapproval and disregard of situations and people, rejection and embarrassment. It generally gets very difficult for the one to get acquainted with new people and form intimate relationships. One generally ends up misinterpreting people’s comments and criticism thus, feeling angry and frustrated all the more.
The exact cause of APD has not been established yet. It is believed that environmental and genetic factors play a role in this disorder. People who are inherently shy and reserved are usually prone to developing this psychological anomaly.
How do you treat APD?
In order to treat APD, you can opt for the following modes of treatment:
- Psychotherapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy is a treatment option for APD wherein, the doctor counsels on how to change one’s thinking patterns and thought process, thus, influencing his/her actions.
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy: Psychodynamic therapy involves you becoming aware of the unconscious thoughts. It helps you figure out how your past experiences frame your behavior. Your past emotional pains can be resolved with this technique so that you can move ahead with your life.
- Medications: Anti-depressant medications used to treat depression and anxiety can be used to treat APD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.