Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. RaviYour feedback matters!
I have OA in both knees and also need a hip (R) joint replacement for which I need to take off about 26 - 30 Kg. Is there any exercise that will help me walk or injections for cushioning in these areas - I want to avoid surgery - I am 63 years old and female. The metabolism in my body has slowed down and due to pain in hip am unable to walk even 10 mt without stopping. Pl answer. Thank you.
I have back problem and in winter back pain also gets start can you suggest me something that will help actually.
I am 28 years old. My body type is lean. I am 5'6 in height. I want to know how can I make my arms and shoulders bit heavy as it appears to be slightly weak. Please advise! Thanks
My husband is 38 years old. Today, in the afternoon when he wake up after a nap on the chair, his left arm &leg did not move for 3-4minutes. Now his arm is slight heavy & rest everything is normal. Is their need of any test? why this happened?
Hello doctor I am 35 weeks pregnant and my back is paining I want support to sit. I can not stand more than 15 minutes .i want my baby normal and my stomach looks quite bigger .i m tensed reports are normal my ultrasound was ohkk. Now my last exam is left. I am tensed if I will not do work in home than my body will not be flexible for normal delivery suggest me some tips for normal delivery. It is bad pain why it happens .i can not sit without pillow. Well I used to do normal work washing clothes and walking but due to back pain I feel very uncomfortable pls s.
I have a shoulder pain on the front top part. I am active in gym. Lateral lifting of affected hand provokes the pain. The pain has been there for last 3 months. Please suggest.
I'm suffering from back pain specially right side neck part (arthritis) what pain relief I should use .now I'm using himani fast relief its good BT only for a hour but I want permanent solution if not permanent than temporary also as this Monday my xams are starting and I have sit their more than 3 hrs wic is very difficult so please help me what should I do .
Mai jab bhi run kerta hun to mera pair bahut hi jor se dard karta he mujhe kya karna chahiye doctor?
I got lower back pain one month before I consult the Ortho Doctor, then I took traction continuously for 10 days. Afterwards its ok there is no pain. But now slightly pain is there.
I am suffering for severe back pain. From past one month my lower back or you can say my spine is paining like anything.
I am 23 years old female, I have back ache and also back neck pain. What should I do? can I do exercises?
I have been suffering from one sde leg pain sir for last months. Please tell me solution in house made medicine only.
I am 45 years old fit lady. I have knee joint pain and back pain but not much. What should I do? Also I feel low energy always.
When I try to prepare myself for an interview by anticipating questions in advance which interviewer will going to ask, mind starts doing over thinking and goes out of control, due to this, the knowledge that I acquire about my field or role takes a back seat and fear starts rising and everything becomes complex. Appreciate if someone can suggest a technique to overcome the same. Thanks in advance.
Back pain may occur due to various reasons. Chronic back pain is the one that remains for 12 weeks or more than that even after the cause of the pain has been treated. There are several ways of treating chronic back pain. Its treatment depends upon the nature of injury or the actual underlying cause of the pain.
The treatment for back pain has been listed below:
- Short-term methods: Initially, people use short-term remedies for tackling back pain. Over-the-counter painkillers and home remedies are used to cure the patient. This might show useful results within six weeks.
- Continue movement: Although traditionally, patients with back pain were advised to take complete bed rest. However, doctors today are of the opinion that patients should not take complete bed rest. The patient should try to move around a bit. It may be hurting first, but slowly it will heal the pain. One can take up brisk walking for best results.
- Painkillers: Patients are first prescribed to take paracetamol. However, some people take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen for faster relief. There are stronger painkillers like codeine. But one must keep in mind that painkillers are not good for health. They have side effects. Long-term use of painkillers can cause damage to the kidneys. If these are not effective, the doctor might switch to muscle relaxant like diazepam.
- Hot and cold compress: Patients are advised to take hot or cold compress to get relief. A hot bath or compress with hot water can be useful. Otherwise, using ice pack can also produce effective results. Often, alternate hot and cold compress are advised to get rid of the pain.
- Change your sleeping style: The pain can be reduced to a great extent by changing one's sleeping pattern. Use pillows to change the sleep pattern.
- Exercise: The patient might have developed back pain due to faulty posture or obesity. In order to get rid of the pain, one must address these issues first. Shred the extra pounds b exercising the correct way to get cured of the pain.
- Acupuncture: It is a kind of treatment in which fine needles are put at different points of the body. This helps in reducing the pain.
- Oil massage: There are various kinds of massage techniques available. These improve the circulation of blood. This in turn, rejuvenates the muscles and bones by providing sufficient oxygen supply.
- Antidepressants: These are prescribed when painkillers don't show effective results. Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), such as amitriptyline are given to the patient. However, these are given in small doses.
- Stay calm and positive: It is important to have a positive frame of mind to get rid of the pain. One has to be patient and not lose hope while the treatment is on.