Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. RaviYour feedback matters!
She has a pain in her legs she is unable to sit down properly without any help and she also have sugar problem so how to control it.
प्रत्येक युवक की यह तमन्ना होती है कि उसकी भुजाएँ बलिष्ठ हों और चेहरे से ज्यादा आकर्षण पूरे शरीर में दिखे। इसके लिए वे तरह-तरह के व्यायाम करते हैं और अत्याधुनिक मशीनी सुविधाओं से सज्जित जिम में भी जाते हैं। मगर क्या आप जानते हैं कि मजबूत भुजाएँ और बलिष्ठ शरीर के लिए कैल्शियम का कितना महत्व है?
आइए देखते हैं हमारे भोजन मे यह किस तरह से मिलता है और शरीर को मजबूती प्रदान करता है। इसके महत्व को आमतौर पर सभी माताएँ जानती हैं। बच्चों को दिन में दो-तीन बार जबरन दूध पिलाने वाली आज की माताएँ जानती हैं कि कैल्शियम उसकी बढ़ती हड्डियों के लिए कितना जरूरी है। वहीं पुराने समय की या कम पढ़ी-लिखी ग्रामीण माताएँ भी इतना तो अवश्य जानती थीं कि दूध पीने से बच्चे का डील-डौल व कद बढ़ता है। यह बच्चे को चुस्त व बलिष्ठ भी बनाता है। भले ही उन्हें दूध में पाए जाने वाले अनमोल कैल्शियम का ज्ञान न हो, जो बच्चों की हड्डियों, दाँतों के स्वरूप, उनके आकार व उन्हें स्वस्थ व मजबूत बनाने में अति सहायक सिद्ध हुआ है। इसी कैल्शियम की निरंतर कमी के कारण बच्चों के दाँत, हड्डियाँ व शरीर कमजोर हो जाते हैं।
'आयुर्वेद चिकित्सा पद्धति' में भी कैल्शियम का बड़ा महत्व है। कैल्शियम को कमजोर व पतली हड्डियों को मजबूत करने, दिल की कमजोरी, गुर्दे की पथरियों को नष्ट करने और महिलाओं के मासिक धर्म से संबंधित रोगों के उपचार में लाभकारी पाया गया है।
इसलिए हमें प्रतिदिन कैल्शियम तत्व निम्न रूप से लेना चाहिए-
• गर्भवती व दूध पिलाने वाली महिलाओं के लिए 1200 मिलीग्राम।
• 6 मास से छोटे बच्चों के लिए 400 मिलीग्राम।
• 6 मास से 1 वर्ष के बच्चों के लिए 600 मिलीग्राम।
• 1 वर्ष से 10 वर्ष की आयु के बच्चों के लिए 800 मिलीग्राम।
• 11 वर्ष से ऊपर सभी आयु वर्ग के लिए 1200 मिलीग्राम।
दैनिक भोजन में हमें कुछ पदार्थों से कैल्शियम तत्व मिल सकता है जैसे पनीर, सूखी मछली, राजमा, दही, गरी गोला, सोयाबीन आदि। इसी प्रकार दूध एक गिलास (गाय) से 260 मिलीग्राम, दूध एक गिलास (भैंस) से 410 मिलीग्राम कैल्शियम मिलता है। प्रेशर कुकर में पकाए गए चावल, मोटे आटे की रोटी से हमें काफी कैल्शियम मिल सकता है। कैल्शियम उचित मात्रा में खाने से हमारी बुद्धि प्रखर होती है और तर्क शक्ति भी बढ़ती है। हरी पत्तेदार सब्जियों में भी यह तत्व पाया जाता है
Even aftr running or dancing for very less time I breath fast n faster I get tired n having problem of leg pain all time what would be the best cure for me n diet for me?
I am 33 old and I have ankle pain from last 3 years, I have consulted with 4 doctors in last three years including one orthopedic two physician and one ayurvedic. Physician said it is planter fasciitis and treated me for three month but result was zero orthopedic said this is normal in my age and it will heal as time passes, but the situation getting worst, I have this pain in morning, after sitting for long time, after a long walk and even after standing for more then half an hour, please suggest what doctor should I see. I am in hyderabad now.
Back pain is a common source of pain and can be acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower back pain and coccydynia or tail bone pain. Back pain can be quite troublesome as it disables a person to move about freely due to constant ache.
Here are some procedures for the treatment of back pain.
- Give your back some rest: Most people who get back pain become obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans and x-rays done. Some even take injections and other such measures without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter immediately and the simplest way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of pains in the back resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical actions and let time do the healing.
- Pills: While you let time treat your back pain, sometimes the pain increases and gives you a bad time. In this case, you can take anti-inflammatory medicinal pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, using such pills for a continued period of time causes side effects such as gastrointestinal disorders. Hence, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch.
- Hot and cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about 20 minutes, and you should take more than two sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad instead of ice. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries and reduces the flow of blood to that area. The swelling is eased as a result. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and increases the blood circulation, providing extra oxygen.
- Change your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of having a back pain. According to studies, it has been observed that people sleeping on medium-firm mattresses have healthier backs. In case your mattress in sagging or is over 8 years old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your back pain is very severe, you can resort to acupuncture, which provides efficient pain relief. The procedure changes the way your nerves react and reduces inflammation.
Back pain arises from various reasons and should always be taken care of. Unattended back pain worsens and makes the affected person suffer.
I am having back ache since last few months along with numbness on my right thigh area. I consulted an neurologist and did an xray, however he didn't find anything wrong. He has recommended exercise. A few after taking medicine I am having back pain haunting back. Also have gastric issues. Is this a cause? Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
My mother aged 70 years is suffering from knee pain & has been advised knee transplant in both legs some one advised her to take some light steroid composition tablets to get relief from heavy pain as operation is not possible now due to some financial problems please advice ?
A fracture is a complete or incomplete crack, which appears on a bone due to application of intense pressure or force. A fracture results in extreme pain, and the bone becomes immobile. Any kind of movement boosts the pain. Fracture pain occurs in three distinct stages. Acute pain is felt immediately after a fracture while sub acute pain occurs over the weeks that follow after a fracture. The third stage or chronic pain occurs when the fracture and soft tissues around it have healed.
Fracture pain is quite intense in nature and proper precautions should be taken while dealing with them:
- Development of fracture pain: When a bone undergoes a fracture, the ligaments and tendons are also damaged. While the bone slowly heals, ligaments and tendons fail to heal equally well or completely. Post fracture pain also develops when the outside of the bone does not heal completely. This usually does not appear in an X-ray.
- Treatment of fracture pain: Modern medications can be utilized to treat a fracture pain. Steroid injections and prescribed anti-inflammatory medicines help in treating a fracture pain. However, these remedies cause side effects, which are harmful for the body. Cortisone shots are utilized for the same purpose as well.
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is an approach where ligament and tendon strengthening is stimulated along with repairing. This technique ensures complete treatment of the fracture, and the risk of long-term complications like arthritis is absent. In cases of fracture pain, which occurs due to the incomplete healing of the outer part of the bone, Prolotherapy helps in strengthening the fibro-osseous junction at the source of the pain. This will stop the nerve endings from firing. Prolotherapy provides speedy recovery and accounts for making the injured bone stronger than before. This process is often undergone by athletes. The procedure is undertaken only after thorough examinations for detection of the root cause of the pain. Prolotherapy is considered to be the best treatment for repairing tendons and ligaments, which commonly cause fracture pain. The body is simply stimulated and the painful areas are repaired. This is done by the introduction of a mild inflammatory reaction to the area of the weak tendons and cartilages. The results obtained after Prolotherapy are permanent and the fracture pain is unlikely to reoccur.
- Splints are utilized to stop the movement of fractured bone and braces can be used to support the bone. Plaster cast also supports and immobilizes the fractured bone. Traction and surgical implants are other treatment measures.
- Fracture pain occurs not only because of the broken bone, but also because of the weakened ligaments and tendons around the bone. Fracture pain should be handled very carefully, and proper control measures should be applied. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!