Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KiranYour feedback matters!
I am 48 years old, suffering from left shoulder and left hand pain for past 5 to 10 days. I am already having diabetic & BP. Diabetic is showing 280 after meals. I am using Painkiller, movon-p Tablets. It gives only some relief. What to do?
I am 36 year old I am unable to walk normally after standing for half an hour. I feel heaviness in my legs and my walk becomes very slow. I feel pain in my legs and thighs. Please give me you r suggestion what should I do.
Hello, I'm getting left side chest pain and in the same place back pain frequently. It comes in night or in the morning I wake up with that pain. Not regularly but like once in a week. Pain is on upper part of breast and sometimes feel like whole left breast is in pain. When asked in medical shop they are saying gas pain. I'm getting this pain from 2 months. First time pain was like hell. I felt like getting heart attack. But when rubbed a lot it was gone. After that when I get pain I used to apply tiger balm and rub and it goes away slowly. This is if I get pain in morning. If it was in night I had to sleep with that pain n do the tiger balm process in the morning. Today when I woke up I got pain and going even after applying tiger balm. Please help. Thanks in advance.
I am 24 year and I am having issue in my back from long time. I'll take the pain killer but my pain was the same. Please suggest what should I do.
My father has pain on his legs as well as swelling also its called gathi ya bai he have lot of pain he take pain Keller as well. Plzz tell some medicine to relieve pain.
I'm a 52 year old housewife, I think I have sciatica pain on my left leg. How can I know for sure. What treatment should I follow? I'm 76 kilos and my height is 5" 4.
My age is 48 M ,last month when I got done health check it was diagnosed that presence of uric acid in urine. Past eight months I am feeling tired knee pain cannot get up after sitting for meal on the floor, lower back pain. Early morning I get up with right heel pain after say 100 steps I can feel the pain reduced.
Suffering from spondylitis pain travel from armpit to hand along with bone in arm suggests. Some medicine and exercise.
Dear sir madam it's khum here I'm suffering from back pain, right side on the particular point from last one week, what could be the reason and what could be the solution, I have not gone to the Dr. nor I'm taking any medicine. Kindly advise.
I am 54 year old and I have 3 years for back pain problem i. E l5-s1 level causing indentation and pressure over anterior surface of thaecal sac exiting never root at these level on right side.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment.
I usually runs 3-4 km in the morning on daily basis but from past 15 days. I have noticed that my lower legs have some severe problem (6 inches from heel) in both legs. And this pain is so severe that it has become a hurdle in my workout. I was a overweight person about 90kgs but I managed to reduce 10kgs. I left running since last year and gave focus on weight lifting. But now I have started it again as i'm going for CBI physical test and it is necessary for me to run at least 6km daily. But how, pls suggest me something to recover from this pain.
My father's open heart surgery done in Jan. 2014 and now he is suffering from pain in left leg. Please advise.
Muscle contusion is a condition that is characterized by bruising in the muscles. It generally tends to occur in athletes who play a lot of contact sports. Repetitive blows in any part of the body may cause damage to the underlying muscle tissues. These blows may lead to internal bleeding, resulting in blood clot formation. The most common site where it occurs are the quadriceps.
The various causes of this condition are:
- Direct repetitive blows to a part of the muscle in contact sports such as football
- If you fall on a hard surface
- It may also occur if the muscle comes in contact real hard with sports equipment like soccer balls
The symptoms of a muscle contusion are:
- You may experience swelling of the muscle
- Excessive pain
- Decrease in range of motion in the concerned body part
- It may lead to leaking of blood vessels
- You may also experience hematoma where a lump is formed over the affected spot
- Symptoms of broken bones, dislocations and fractures may also occur
Complications: This disorder may also lead to various complications such as compartment syndrome, which leads to compression of blood vessels resulting in pain.
Treatment: The basic treatment for this condition is the RICE protocol which is rest, ice, compression and elevation. You should rest the muscle, then apply ice to the affected area to reduce the pain. You can also take NSAIDs (non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) to reduce the pain. In severe cases, the doctor may drain the lump surgically.
It is advisable to not return to your normal sports routine in order to allow the muscle to recover. If you carry on with your regular routine, it may result in further complications like the formation of scar tissue. You may undergo various stretching exercises to relieve the pain and make a gradual return to your normal sporting activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.