Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have weak gums and I can see lower front teeth through the gums and due to this sensitivity issues also occur. What is the best way to get the gums back in shape? I brush my teeth two times regularly.
My gums has effected Can grow once again my gums Pls give me a tips to grow my gums once a again. My age is 22 yrs.
1. Brush your teeth daily with fluoride tooth paste.
2. Floss your teeth
3. Eat balanced diet.
Hi doctor. How can be slove my teeth problem. Mere teeth bhut loose ho gye h aur daily 2 time brush krta hu fir Bhi smell aati h koi solution ho to btao na plzzzz.
My daughter aged 7 years is suffering from tooth decay problem in such an early stage. What should I do?
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that the teeth is held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options, relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Secondly, the choices of the braces:
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then connecting all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not esthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. This is esthetic and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, visit your dentist and find out how!
Please doctor tell me my teeth can smell sometimes I use daily tooth brush but my mouth can smell tell my which paste I use then my mouth fresh no any smell can happen please doctor tell me how or which thing I do my mouth never any smell.
I am 24 years old. From a few days I am getting very bad smell from my mouth. I don't why. I brush regularly. Can you give me a suggestion for this.
I am 60 yrs old, require dental implants full mouth, presently doing with dentures, give best suggestion.
I want to increase my brain power. What would b the best way. I have heard about using nicotine. I am non smoker, shud I start using nicotine gums? Is there any side effects? Is it very addictive?
If you don't brush and floss every day, food stays in your mouth and collects bacteria, which can cause bad breath. Food collected between the teeth, on the tongue and around the gums can also rot, leaving an unpleasant odor. Foods like garlic and onions contribute to breath odor, and once the food is absorbed into the bloodstream, it is transferred to the lungs where it's expelled. Brushing, flossing and mouthwash will only mask the odor temporarily; odors continue until the body eliminates the food.
Tobacco products are another cause of bad breath.