Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ratna PathakYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am a pcod patient. I am taking treatment to conceive. My follicle ruptured on 18th march. Doctor asked me to take pregnancy test on 3rd April and started medicine duphaston and estrabet. My hpt showed negative result. Should I wait for few more days to get accurate result. As my last month period date was 4th March.
Hello I am 27 years old, 71 kg, 5.4 height I am going true pcos I am trying to conceive from past 9 months but I am fail this time I consulted a infertility specialist she gave in injection to improve my I'm mature egg and my egg was not getting mature on 19th day also it use to b 15m, now my hubby is also out of station to start planning for baby so doctor asked me to mean while reduce my weight for at least 10 kg in 4 months and she gave me medicine call apcod and ginnete 35 I don't want to take ginnete 35 be coz it's high does for hormones, can you please tell me some tips to reduce my weight and to conceive I am badly planning for baby and one more issue is from this month our fasting will starts so ill not b able to do any exercise for one month mean while how to reduce my weight and conceive please help me out.
My hpt came positive. I am 32 years old. I am 1 month 11 days pregnant. I am having backache and stomach cramps too. Is this normal or my periods are going to start?
Present my T3 value is 105.04.T4 is 8.7.TSH is 4.7.now we are planning for 2 child. I am using Thyronorm 88 mcg. And folic acid 5 mg from past 4 months. How much dosage should I take to decrease TSH value. Is this value become any problem if I conceive. I am getting periods by 3 4 days late from past 2 months. Is this any problem. How to reduce my TSH value.
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'.
My mother died from acute mesenteric ischemia. We didn't notice previously but after diagnosed with in one day she died. How it s possible doctor. Is Ischemia is too fast.
My vagina has been itching for the past one month and I have used garlic and coconut oil but it still itches a little Pls What do I use.
Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are few symptoms of whooping cough:
- Runny nose and frequent sneezing
- Cough accompanied by a whooping sound
- Frequent vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
Following are few simple steps offered by ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
- Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by ayurveda.
- Ginger juice: Ginger juice is a very effective remedy for curing whooping cough. You may mix the juice with honey or herbal tea.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in ayurveda.
- Cloves: Sometimes cloves can also offer very fast relief from continuous coughing.
- Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to ayurveda.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.
I m getting brownish mucus discharge while going toilet. My LMP was 5th may. Doctor had given 12th feb but till yet didn't got any pains what shall I do?
Hello sir/madam Am 14 weeks pregnant and the first early pregnancy scan shows that internal is closed and the cervical length is 3.9. In that case can I have sex daily or it may create any worries. Please help me out of this. thanks.
I am 39 old female in good health. My periods are regular with 4 days duration in 22-26 days cycle. My last period was on 14 feb. I experience clotting sometimes as big as coin but there is no pelvic pain or any other discomfort felt so far .I do get pimples still in this age .My hormones were tested and its results are:- FSH--8.39 LH-- 20.7 E2--257 progesterone--0.7 Are they in normal range?
Hi, I am 20 years old female. Vegetarian. Does not drink milk. Under weight. Symptoms - weight loss Loss of appetite Excessive excretion after every meal Large liver Body weakness A few food like chilli cause indigestion. Initial diagnosis - ibs, irritation along stomach lining Treatment going on for 2 years with no improvement Gone through allopathy and Ayurveda and also homeopathy Permanent cough.
I am 23 years unmarried female I am suffering of white discharge problem. What is reason of white discharge?
Sir I am pregnant. In this time which food is suitable for it? Is any problem will arises due to long journeys? Which type of water is suitable for this time? Which vegetables are good for eating in this time?
What is the good time for sex if she has menustration just over by one day then is it safe to have a sex with partner?
It is 4 months after giving birth to baby is it normal to have irregular mensuration periods last month I had less bleeding now this months it is more is it normal?
- A good oral hygiene routine practiced for a few minutes twice a day can help reduce your risk of developing periodontal diseases and tooth decay. When choosing dental care products, look for those that display the American Dental Association's seal of Acceptance. The seal of Acceptance is your assurance the product meets the ADA's criteria for safety and effectiveness for its intended use.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste with thorough brushing, you can remove plaque from the inner, outer and chewing surfaces of each tooth. Your dentist or dental hygienist can show you a proper brushing technique.
- Clean between teeth once a day with dental floss or another interdental cleaner to remove plaque and debris from areas your toothbrush can't reach.
- If you need extra help controlling gingivitis and plaque that forms above the gum line, your dentist may recommend using an ADA-acceptance antimicrobial mouthrinse or other oral hygiene aids as an effective addition to your daily oral hygiene routine.
- Eat a balanced diet for good general health and limit snacks.
Visit your dentist regularly. Professional cleanings are the only way to remove tartar, which traps bacteria along the gum line.
Viagra is a very common drug prescribed for treating erectile dysfunction. It works by enhancing the flow of blood to the penis during sexual intercourse to bring about erection. Viagra actually contains the active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate which is a selective inhibitor of Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5).
This drug works efficiently with sexual stimulation. Erectile dysfunction is very common among older men whose sexual function tends to fall after they reach their 50s. But these days even younger men in their 30's and 40's are experiencing an increased incidence of erectile dysfunction.
Doctors can even recommend the drug to both younger and elder men who suffer from erection problems.
Solidification of the arteries, the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis, can occur during the teen years. The problem then develops by the time they reach the age of 20-30 years and more, hindering their ability to get and maintain an erection. Men suffering from diabetes and facing the problem of Erectile dysfunction can be assisted by this drug.
The drug should be ideally taken an hour before the sexual intercourse.
On the other hand, you can also take Viagra half an hour to 4 hours before the sexual intercourse. You don't require having food in order to take the drug. But you need to keep in mind that if you take it after a meal high in fats, it can take a little bit longer for you to experience its effects.
Most importantly, the misuse of Viagra should be avoided. It should be taken only under medical supervision. The drug doesn't have the power to help you ejaculate easily if you suffer from problems related to orgasm or even enhance your sexual appetite. It does not enhance sexual timing, so should not be used to treat premature ejaculation. Men also shouldn't expect the drug to take the erections to unexpected heights.
Word of Caution:
One should never take the drug for recreational purposes. One can end up suffering from minor erectile dysfunction due such abuse. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.