Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ratna PathakYour feedback matters!
Hi, me n my husband are having close relationship. We are worried of any genetic disorders that could affect our baby. We are planning for kids. How Will the anomaly test helps us? We want our child to be healthy. One of my fathers brother married his close relation, and two out of three children are having eye related problems. One girl is having around 14 points site. And another girl with 4 points. Does this shows that my family is having any genetic disorder? How will karyotype test helps us? Pls answer all my questions. We are very much worried.
I am 30years old my right tube removed for lefttube tubectomy is done in2010 years but now I want a baby girl what can I do now pl advice me.
I have in relation with my husband without any protection but why I am not getting pregnant? Always my period is coming on time. Please tell me what should I do?
I'm not getting my chums properly since last 4-5 months. I'm skipping a month and getting and even if I get bleeding is not happening properly.
I am a 32 years old unmarried woman. But I do unprotected intercourse with my partner once in a month. And I took emergency contraceptive pills also one or two per month. Now I am worried about that this will be effected in my future pregnancy planning? Doctor please help me.
My gf had periods on 27/05/16 I had unprotected sex with her on 6/6/16. I had given her unwanted 72 on 7/6/16 after that we had sex but condom is damaged or broke my sperm gone inside her vagina on 12/6/16 then I had given her unwanted 72 within 48 hours after sex .her periods are not coming til today's date .Is she pregnant. Please tell me or suggest me fast.
I had sex with my boyfriend yesterday. Although we had sex for only a minute but he didn't ejaculated inside my vagina. I'm still feeling a bit nervous that I may be get pregnant. Are there any chances of me getting pregnant? Should I take any emergency contraceptive pill? What are the side effects of the pill?
Estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone are the hormones involved in a woman's sexual desire and functioning. The most influential hormone is testosterone that is produced by the ovaries.
Hormonal changes do not indicate a problem always. But they are responsible for regulating reproductive cycle, sex drive, and mood.
The role of the following hormones is absolutely vital in controlling a female's sexuality:
Estrogen is the primary female hormone responsible for regulating the menstrual cycle, controlling the development of female sex organs and thickening the lining of the uterus during pregnancy. When a woman approaches menopause, the level of estrogen begins to drop. Low levels of estrogen can lead to vaginal dryness, resulting in painful intercourse, and can affect mood and sleep patterns as well.
Testosterone is an important hormone in women as well. Estrogen is produced with the help of testosterone. High levels of testosterone are associated with increased sexual desire and sexual behavior in women. Since after menopause, the testosterone level begins to drop, it may contribute to the reduction of arousal and sexual response in women.
Progesterone also controls the menstrual cycle and pregnancy. Progesterone level begins to drop after menopause. Changing levels of progesterone are associated with a woman's sexual behavior.
If left fallopian tube ruptured and removed still chance is there fertilisation in left fallopian tube.
After 10 days my marriage so how to I protection at night for sex? Condom is not possible for me because of place any other protection without side effect?
The fourth day of Diwali is celebrated as Annakut to thank God for his benevolence. Govardhan Puja is one of the primary rituals associated with this day. The legend behind this festival is centred around a hillock named Govardhan which Krishna lifted to shelter the people living there from torrential rains. Thus, it is celebrated by making small mounds of cow dung that symbolize the hillock and prayers to Lord Govardhan. Cow dung in India is not treated as mere excrement, but has a number of uses. Primary amongst them is the burning of dried cow dung cakes as fuel to cook food in rural households and provide heat. Cow dung is also an excellent fertilizer. In many places, cow dung is also added to mud bricks so as to strengthen the brick and prevent disintegration.
According to Ayurveda, cow dung is germicidal and has healing properties. To this effect, cow dung is mentioned a number of times in ancient Indian scriptures.
1. Cow dung’s antibacterial properties make it a good natural disinfectant. Using cow dung to disinfect an area involves coating the floor with a paste of fresh cow dung. This practice is followed in many rural households throughout India. Burning cakes of dried cow dung are also said to repel insects and mosquitoes.
2. Cow dung is also said to have mood enhancing properties. It contains bacteria named Mycobacterium vaccae which is responsible for activating neurons that produce serotonin. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes towards making a person feel happy.
3. Dried cow dung is also used to make disinfectant soaps. Some of the ayurvedic practitioners also use cow dung to treat skin ailments. However, you must keep in mind that cow dung does contain bacteria and hence should not be applied on skin that is cut or raw.
4. Even the ash produced by cow dung has beneficial uses. This ash when added to pond water is also said to balance the acidity in the water and regulate pH levels. Dry ash absorbs oil and fat and hence is also used as a cleaning agent.
Here are some other medicinal uses of cow dung:
1. According to some ancient scripts, cow dung ash can be used to strengthen gums and clean teeth.
2. Cow dung is an excellent disinfectant and mosquito repellent. This is the reason why the walls of the houses were coated with cow dung in the ancient times.
3. The cow dung can be used a body back in order to detoxify the body.
4. It is also said to be very helpful in preventing pimples.
5. Cow dung is also known to improve blood circulation.
6. It also helps in keeping the infections from spreading.
7. Ayurvedic medicines made out of cow dung also work wonders in treating indigestion problems.
However, if one chooses to use cow dung to treat an ailment or cleanse the body in any way, it should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor.
Hello dctr, today I checked with prega news and I found I m pregnant because the result is positive, we both are in depression she is 17 days pregnant we are confused because everyone gives different solution. Her last date was on 7th jan we had sex on 22 jan then 5th feb both times we use unwanted 72. Her next date should be on 7th feb but she missed that please help us what to do in this situation someone suggest mt pill is best in this situation. But I read about this mt pill it is painable and lot of bleeding happen. Problem is that she have to go home we are from the region we can not tell our parents about this tell me that is she can work normally after taking mt pill or not pregnancy is of only 17 days.
I am 47 years old and I am suffering from acidity problem since last 3-4 yrs. If I fell pain in any part of the body n if I press there air is released through mouth. I also often get gases. I hv to go to toilet twice a day. My MC periods hv been stopped since last 7 yrs. please help me getting rid of this.
Hi, In a some days I've chest pain in left side, I don't know what is the reason for the pain. I think I've breast cancer?
Hi, I had c section delivery 10 months baby. Now I am pregnant again & I want to continue it & I have not other health issues. Is it OK or not pls.
Curd rice or dahi chawal may have originated as a south Indian dish but in the summer every north Indian swears by it as well. It is also the go-to meal for anyone suffering from an upset stomach. One of the biggest advantages this dish has over others is that it is extremely easy to make.
Before we get to the recipe however, let's have a look at 5 common health benefits of curd rice:
- It aids digestion: Curd rice is the best home remedy for an upset stomach because it is easy to digest and works against bloating and indigestion. The curd in curd rice is also rich in probiotics that promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria thus relieving constipation and abdominal pain triggered by it.
- It cools the body: Curd rice should ideally always be eaten cold. Curd is a natural fire extinguisher that cools the body and helps maintain internal body temperature. Thus if you're feeling feverish or if it's simply a very hot day, try some curd rice.
- It can act as a stress buster: Curd contains probiotics, antioxidants and good fats. This helps the brain deal with pain and emotions like stress. This makes curd rice not only a tasty dish but also a stress busting one.
- It aids weight loss: A bowl of curd rice can fill your stomach and keep you from snacking. It also has negligible calories when compared to the same amount of fried rice or pulao. This makes curd rice a good meal to indulge in when you're attempting to lose weight.
- It boosts immunity: Being easy to digest is only one of the reasons curd rice is the best food to eat when ill. Curd is rich in antioxidants that give the body power to fight infections. It also gives the body much needed energy when ill.
Now that you have enough reasons to eat some curd rice, here's an easy recipe.
- 1/2bowl of curd
- 1 bowl rice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp black gram
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Coriander leaves and salt to taste
Mix the curd and rice in a bowl. Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the cumin seeds, black gram and curry leaves. Add this to the curd-rice mixture and season with salt. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.