Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RatiYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 35 years 6 months I'm taking ivf treatment for which they said to take Provera 5 mcg tablet My periods r irregular & I got thyroid problem for which I take levothyroxine 100 mcg & pcod problem but I don't take any medicine for that but d problem is after taking Provera for 7 days after 9 days I got one or two drops of blood & little bit of brown discharge is that a period or any serious problem please let me know.
I married recently my wife 2nd itself created problem n told me I am avoiding I am not taking care of her n while sleeping I should turn to her side n sleep. 3rd I was suffering from severe headache she disturbed me n I told don't disturb for that she cried. Yesterday while from out of station my wife elder brother asked her any good news I told to my wife hello this is not joke intercourse I have done it vil take time, but she is not listening n she want baby immediately. Please give me gud answer for intercourse so that I vil show to my wife.
How can I remove my pubic hair during my last month of pregnancy.. I am 36 weeks n 6 days pregnant lady. Shall I use hair removal cream like veet? Or shall I use razer? Or shall I just cut it down with scissors?
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil
What do for regular periods she is facing problems irregular or late periods. What type of food should take for regular periods.
I am 20 and mate is 18 years old. We went through anal sex several times. But after the last time we went through, she missed her periods. She usually have regular periods. We are afraid that we are pregnant. Please help us.
After having yamini ls tablet for 24 days. There is a gap of 7 days. Can the menses take place on the sixth day or even on the seventh day?
I am 51 years old, at menopausal stage. Sometimes feel hungry even after eating full meal and sometimes don't feel hungry at all because of which my weight gets added easily. I am 80 kgs though I walk everyday for minimum 1 hour a day on week days and 2 hours a day on weekends. I doubt that the weight gain causes knee pain. In addition to that I get knee swelling after every exhaustive day or strenuous work. Please advise.
Hello doctor, I am 21 year old. I got period only for 1 and half days, earlier it wasn't like that, it remains max for 4 days. Is there any problem. And also I am married, do I will have problem in having baby? Please tell me.
I'm 23 years old m married I missed my periods this month I have done pregnancy test also negative what to do now.
Every shape is pretty until it stays in shape. Take a healthy diet to stay in perfect shape n to live a healthy life.