Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. RatanYour feedback matters!
I am 16 years old now and I have elevated levels of alkaline phosphatase in my blood what should I do?
I have pain in my breast and itching. Its so heavy and hard. When I touch its pain. What is the reason and solution. Pls help me.
Sir, I am 20 years old boy, but I can not speak properly. At the age of 7-8 .it was a slight problem but now I am in huge trouble. So what should be better for me. please reply sir.
I (26 year old male) have got swelling on penis, may be on skin only from top side, (yesterday I have driven bike in situation my penis is slidely pressing sometime with fuel tank, may be its the reason)solution please, thank u.
What are the symptoms of tuberculosis? What preventive measures should take? Any free medicine available for that?
Being a monogamous Is it harmful to lick my wife's back (ass-hole) after her bathing or cleaning? Is analingus is common or normal like cunnilingus for a monogamous married couple?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
My wife aged 45 years had suffered with MI in May 2012. I understand from doctor during MI her heart muscles are damaged permanently and hence the function of heart is not normal. Is there any hope to regenerate these heart muscles and improve her heart function? Nitin
I have face stomach problem many days, and in sometime my stomach pain is very high. I also used medicine but this is working at some time. So please help me.
I am planning to have sex with my gf without protection. When I feel sperms coming out I will takeout penis. Is there any chance of pregnancy or shall I use condom.
My 9 months old Grandson, who is in UK. Got cold, fever and ear infection 2 months ago and was given Amoxicillin oral syrup and recovered. Again he had recurrent ear infection alone, but without any discharge. He was rubbing his ears and there was foul smell in his ear, for which he was given by the Doctor, Clarithromycin oral syrup for five days and got little relief. Still he rubs his ear. Could you suggest any other medicine or any ear drops, so that he could get relieved from the infection. He is being given head bath twice a week.
I am suffering from free motions daily since last Monday. Due to this my stomach and head ache are arrived. Please tell the good suggestion.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks.